Justice Ginsburg Has Pancreatic Cancer

yes ....an all lib supreme court......god forbid we have balance on the court much less anyone that represents the other half of the population.....

well, its a good rthing obama isn't partisan

you didn't think he's going to put in radical righties like scalia and alito, did you?

There is a chance that Obama could appoint a moderate or even leaning conservative, I mean didn't Reagan appoint O'Connor and didn't GWB appoint Souter, I also thing Ford appointed Stevens, so its possible. However, I see Obama (as a former lawyer) appointing a far leftist activist judge!:eek:

Actually, you're misusing the word "activist". Righties have been found to be activist far more than left-leaners because righties have struck down legislation far more frequently than left-wingers.

As for "moderate"... Souter would never be appointed by a repub today. Daddy Bush was moderate... the "moderates" in the repub party have no juice...they've been drowned out by the wingnuts.

you didn't think he's going to put in radical righties like scalia and alito, did you?

There is a chance that Obama could appoint a moderate or even leaning conservative, I mean didn't Reagan appoint O'Connor and didn't GWB appoint Souter, I also thing Ford appointed Stevens, so its possible. However, I see Obama (as a former lawyer) appointing a far leftist activist judge!:eek:

Actually, you're misusing the word "activist". Righties have been found to be activist far more than left-leaners because righties have struck down legislation far more frequently than left-wingers.

As for "moderate"... Souter would never be appointed by a repub today. Daddy Bush was moderate... the "moderates" in the repub party have no juice...they've been drowned out by the wingnuts.
W was no different than Daddy in his politics

Righties have been found to be activist far more than left-leaners because righties have struck down legislation far more frequently than left-wingers.
i can see you have never been to California.....

you mean california with it's republican governor?
lolcoffee.gif

you mean that LIBERAL republican, the one married to the Kennedy

they pretty much said tonight she caught it earlier and will most likely recover! So I wouldn't be digging her grave quite yet!
Than right after the piece on her they did a story on a man who might loose his house because he had stomach cancer and the medical bills even with insurance were through the roof.

Righties have been found to be activist far more than left-leaners because righties have struck down legislation far more frequently than left-wingers.

yea that one, with its VERY left leaning legislature,AND one of the most LEFT leaning Supreme Courts in the land,who have over turned many voted in legislation.....yea thats the one....

Last edited:
Cancer is not a good thing.

The court sucks BTW, any court that would support that eminent domain travesty case should all be given the boot.

I would like to see all the judges who voted in Bush's favor on Gore v Bush replaced.

You dont sit on a court that sets all presidence and then write a decision in which you put a caveot that the desicion CANT be used for other cases.

That was a complete INSULT to this entire country and a dareliction of their duty as SCOTUS members.

Totally not true. Daddy called trickle down economics "voodoo economics"; raised taxes when he needed to (which cost him re-election even though it was the right thing ["read my lips...."]); didn't go to Baghdad because his state department told him what would happen if he did (which ultimately happened when Baby Bush went in); and didn't let the religious right run the show and apointed one of our more brilliant (if unpredictable) jurists in Souter.

Not for nothing... Baby Bush made me wish for his daddy to be president again.

Totally not true. Daddy called trickle down economics "voodoo economics"; raised taxes when he needed to (which cost him re-election even though it was the right thing ["read my lips...."]); didn't go to Baghdad because his state department told him what would happen if he did (which ultimately happened when Baby Bush went in); and didn't let the religious right run the show and apointed one of our more brilliant (if unpredictable) jurists in Souter.

Not for nothing... Baby Bush made me wish for his daddy to be president again.

Its just republicans trying to put daylight between themselves and baby busy.

Bush junior is the most radical rightwing president in modern history. Way more rightwing than reagan.

Reagan never even dreamed of trying to privitize social security. He raised taxes to save it. Reagan gave amnesty to illegal migrant workers. Reagan pulled out of Lebanon, rather than seeing americans die in a bloody war of occupation. Reagan raised taxes when voodoo economics sent the economy into a tail spin. Reagan signed one of the world's most important international environmental treaties- the ozone treaty. To this day, climate change flat earthers and denialists deny the ozone problem of the 80s. Reagan signed an international ban on torture and degrading treatment of detainees. Rightwingers spend their days on message boards proclaiming the wonders of waterboarding.

I didn't like reagan. But, he wasn't as radical rightwing as Dumbya

Fake Republican governor that is! He is more fiscally liberal that many Democratic Governors!

CA is dominated by the Democratic party! The R's are washed up in CA!

And Nixon flat out wouldn't have been nominated, much less re-elected in the biggest landslide of all time.... he was an environmentalist (started the EPA); opened China (they would have called him a commie-lover and RINO now) and ended Vietnam when it became clear it was a zero sum game and he lost public support. (If we've lost Walter Cronkite, we've lost the country").

Baby Bush was just a radical rightwing reactionary..... a syndrome widely reflected in what's left of the republican party.

Good point very true! I like Scalia's originalist theory. However, if anyone thinks he keeps to that theory, they either never read any of his opinions or want to remain ignorant. I would agree that he is an activist judge for the right!

Fake Republican governor that is! He is more fiscally liberal that many Democratic Governors!

The governator is far more reflective of traditional Republican values than anyone like Baby Bush or the Sarah Palin types.... they left religion where it belonged; were partners in desegregation; opened China; were fiscal conservatives but stayed out of people's bedrooms....

go look up Richard Nixon's views (if it weren't for watergate, he'd have probably been considered one of our greatest presidents) and tell me that the wack-a-doos today wouldn't be calling him a RINO.

When republican ideas fail they always just say "oh that person is really just a liberal".

Fewer and fewer voters are falling for this idiotitic crap.

Forum List

Back