Justice Ginsburg Has Pancreatic Cancer

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I hope she does ok.

(CBS/ AP) Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had surgery Thursday after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, the court said.

Ginsburg, 75, had the surgery at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. She will remain in the hospital for seven to 10 days, said her surgeon, Dr. Murray Brennan, according to a release issued by the court.

The court announcement said the cancer is apparently in the early stages.

In 1999, Ginsburg had surgery for colon cancer and had chemotherapy and radiation treatment. The only woman on the court, she has been a justice since 1993.

The pancreatic cancer was discovered during a routine, annual exam late last month at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md.

A CAT scan revealed a tumor measuring about 1 centimeter across the center of the pancreas, the court said.

Justice Ginsburg Has Pancreatic Cancer, 75-Year-Old Supreme Court Justice Undergoes Surgery After Tumor Discovered Last Month - CBS News

damn, prayers for her recovery
cancer is an aweful thing to have

pancreatic cancer is pretty awful, too. My mom's father died of it when she was 16 and he was gone six weeks after he was diagnosed. Treatment hasn't progressed that much since then, but she's at Sloan-Kettering, so I'm sure she's getting the best possible care.

Pancratic cancer is a tough one to beat. It does look like they caught it very early, so she may actually have a chance to beat it. Wishing the best for her.

She was holding out for Obama to get in anyways! Can't say I agreed with her on many opinions, but then again I don't like many opinions of Scalia's also. Yep originalism is a great concept, too bad Mr. Scalia you only keep to it to promote your beliefs and abandon it anytime it goes against it!

I hope Ginsburg pulls through, but its about time from her to set down. I just hope Obama doesn't appoint some crazy leftist! I assume he will put in someone like Ginsburg,

its a good thing she doesnt have universal healthcared...it would have taken another 8 months for them to catch it

hope she makes it

While I am sympthetic to Ruth Ginsberg's plight, and especially grateful for her having stayed long enogh to give Obama the chance to appoint her sucessor, I am quite certain Obama won't have too much trouble finding a suitable replacement.

Good luck, Ruth, and God bless.

Justicies That Are Not Going to be replaced in Next 8 yr:
Robert - C - 54; Staying put
Souter - L - 69; Probably going no where
Alito - C - 58; Staying put
Thomas - C- 60; Probably Not retiring in the next 8 yrs

So that is 3 C & 1 L that are probably going no where

Probably Will Be Replaced in the Next 8 yrs:
Scalia - C - 72 Seems in good health, but will be 80. Good riddens hypocrite. You have a good philosophy, now follow it.
Breyer - L - 70

1 C and 1L that will probably movemove

Out For Sure:
Ginsburg - L - 75; even without the cancer
Stevens - L - 88; Should have been forced to retire a while back
Kennedy - Swing Vote - 72; the Man's looking old

2 L and 1 Swing that are done foresure

So Obama will replace to old libs with 2 young libs and 1 swing voter with a solid lib. With no other changes the count would be a solid 5-4 in the liberal corner, which you know he will put the far of the far of the far left on the Supreme Court. If he gets to replace Scalia he will get a strong 6-3 liberal SC!

Isn't the whole part of the supreme court not to have any partisan ties thats why they can't be removed from office

politics in this country is such a joke

Isn't the whole part of the supreme court not to have any partisan ties thats why they can't be removed from office

politics in this country is such a joke

Yes it is, but its human nature, besides the fact that the President who is usually partisan makes the pick.

Justicies That Are Not Going to be replaced in Next 8 yr:
Robert - C - 54; Staying put
Souter - L - 69; Probably going no where
Alito - C - 58; Staying put
Thomas - C- 60; Probably Not retiring in the next 8 yrs

So that is 3 C & 1 L that are probably going no where

Probably Will Be Replaced in the Next 8 yrs:
Scalia - C - 72 Seems in good health, but will be 80. Good riddens hypocrite. You have a good philosophy, now follow it.
Breyer - L - 70

1 C and 1L that will probably movemove

Out For Sure:
Ginsburg - L - 75; even without the cancer
Stevens - L - 88; Should have been forced to retire a while back
Kennedy - Swing Vote - 72; the Man's looking old

2 L and 1 Swing that are done foresure

So Obama will replace to old libs with 2 young libs and 1 swing voter with a solid lib. With no other changes the count would be a solid 5-4 in the liberal corner, which you know he will put the far of the far of the far left on the Supreme Court. If he gets to replace Scalia he will get a strong 6-3 liberal SC!
except, Stevens has said that since he was appointed by a republican, he would only retire under a republican POTUS(he DID actually say that)
so, the way i see it, he will be there till he dies
unless Obama is a one termer, or Stevens makes a liar out of himself

I'm sorry to hear about Justice Ginsburg. We need someone like her on the Supreme Court to balance the Repugnican Cons.

well, its a good rthing obama isn't partisan

you didn't think he's going to put in radical righties like scalia and alito, did you?

There is a chance that Obama could appoint a moderate or even leaning conservative, I mean didn't Reagan appoint O'Connor and didn't GHB appoint Souter, I also thing Ford appointed Stevens, so its possible. However, I see Obama (as a former lawyer) appointing a far leftist activist judge!:eek:

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about Justice Ginsburg. We need someone like her on the Supreme Court to balance the Repugnican Cons.

Obama gets to replace her! If your taking notes the 2 the libs are drooling over replacing are Kennedy and Scalia!

Forum List

Back