Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett comments on SCOTUS ruling on immigration

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Amy Coney Barrett Says Ruling For Open Border Has Nothing To Do With Landscaping Work She Needs Done This Summer
POLITICS·Jan 23, 2024 · BabylonBee.com
Click here to view this article with reduced ads.
Article Image

WASHINGTON, DC — Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett fielded questions from reporters regarding her controversial vote to remove razor wire from the Texas border and claims it has absolutely nothing to do with her plans to re-landscape her yard this summer.
"My plans to have a nice row of Elm trees planted along the southern fence of my backyard has nothing to do with my vote to allow more gardeners, er, I mean illegal immigrants, into the country," Justice Barrett explained.
The Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 vote against Governor Greg Abbott's efforts to stop the flow of illegal immigrants entering the United States through Texas's southern border. Justice Barrett voted to allow border patrol agents to remove razor wire placed there by Texas officials, a move she said has nothing to do with her search for a landscaping crew that's affordable and will work for cash payments.

"My yard plans have nothing to do with my vote to allow the river of illegal migrants to continue to pour across the border," Justice Barrett said. "Now, if Governor Abbott happens to send a bus of hard-working cheap laborers up to the East Coast and I happen to pick up a few of those laborers in the parking lot of my local Home Depot and they happen to install a nice flagstone path between my deck and backyard veggie garden, so be it."
As of publishing time, Justice Barrett had downloaded the language-learning app Duolingo on her phone and was learning all the ways to say "I want Kentucky Blue Grass planted over there by the rock wall, please," a move she says has nothing to do with her most recent judicial decision.

Not many will appreciate the "humor" here.

It is a common belief among Leftists that the ones pushing our massive illegal invasion are Republicans who want to steady flow of workers who will work for a pittance, e.g., landscape laborers.

But this is poppycock, so the humor here lays flat.

It is a common belief among Leftists that the ones pushing our massive illegal invasion are Republicans who want to steady flow of workers who will work for a pittance, e.g., landscape laborers.

First of all, Leftists are incapable of humor.

Secondly, Republicans that can't see their party is controlled by Leftists may be capable of humor, but largely incapable of critical thinking and logic.

So, there is that.

Sorry, can't help either of them.

This is a good point. In the past I think there was some truth to the illegals wanting to come for work, but just as US youth have become lazy demanding government handouts so have the illegal youth. They all have cell phones and are being exposed to the same programing dependency on government. Sure some are wanting to work, but I assure you the majority are here for government handouts, with many demanding it.

Forum List

Back