Just to clarify: Justice Thomas is a black hero and an American hero

Interesting. Legislate from the bench. That's exactly what this stacking of the court has done. Overturning precedent and norms. But those are rulings. None of which have anything to do with moral character. While I agree that all of the conservative justices have "legislated from the bench", I would not question the moral character of Roberts, Alito, Gorsuch, and Barrett. While I don't agree with their rulings, I would not dispute their being seated on the SC. Thomas and Kavanaugh both demonstrated in their confirmation hearings that they were men of low standards and character. Scumbags, in fact. They should not have been confirmed and seated. They both should have been sent packing as soon as allegations of their misdeeds surfaced.

Please?...a book deal hawking? This is the hill you're choosing to make a stand on? Alito's done very similar things. A reason why people are
questioning the legitimacy of the SC.
You are partisan in your refusal to call out Sotomayor. She literally called out the roll of the bench is to legislate. Who or what stacked the Court? It’s your side that wants to expand the size of the court. How do you conflate Republicans appointing their choices to the court the same way Democrats do as “stacking”?

Sotomayor abused her office and her staff resources to hawk her book. That’s unethical.

You are partisan in your refusal to call out Sotomayor. She literally called out the roll of the bench is to legislate. Who or what stacked the Court? It’s your side that wants to expand the size of the court. How do you conflate Republicans appointing their choices to the court the same way Democrats do as “stacking”?

Sotomayor abused her office and her staff resources to hawk her book. That’s unethical.
No I'm not. Because Alito and Roberts have both been guilty of the same kinds of seemingly unethical behavior. So to call Sotomayor out on it without calling at least the other two out on it (never mind what Thomas has been accused of taking), is blatantly partisan. :)

No I'm not. Because Alito and Roberts have both been guilty of the same kinds of seemingly unethical behavior. So to call Sotomayor out on it without calling at least the other two out on it (never mind what Thomas has been accused of taking), is blatantly partisan. :)
You are the one who wants to call out the unethical behavior of Supreme Court Justices yet you only called out Republican nominated justices engaged in unethical behavior while ignoring Democrat nominated justices unethical behavior. That’s Partisan.

I called out Sotomayor because you had already called out Alito, Roberts, and Thomas. I also didn’t argue with that. Stop being partisan.

You are the one who wants to call out the unethical behavior of Supreme Court Justices yet you only called out Republican nominated justices engaged in unethical behavior while ignoring Democrat nominated justices unethical behavior. That’s Partisan.

I called out Sotomayor because you had already called out Alito, Roberts, and Thomas. I also didn’t argue with that. Stop being partisan.
Then I guess we agree. The unethical behavior runs on both sides of the aisle. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the subject we are speaking about. We are talking about Clarence Thomas. Who has a litany of unethical behavior to his credit. As well as being morally unfit to sit on the Supreme Court (as Kavanaugh is as well).

Actually racist POS is appropriate. Engineering Director? Is that the term today for dudes who empty Porter Johns. The only desk you probably sat behind was at the lodge in the Grand Dragon office.

Hell you have already admitted you are a racist POS.

Check out these photos from the "old days". Times were better back then. Pay attention to the Boy Scout one. That is the way America should be.

Only pussies would be so cowardly as to apologize for that.

Then I guess we agree. The unethical behavior runs on both sides of the aisle. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the subject we are speaking about. We are talking about Clarence Thomas. Who has a litany of unethical behavior to his credit. As well as being morally unfit to sit on the Supreme Court (as Kavanaugh is as well).
I am going to be consistent. I’m Conservative and support most of the views of Thomas and Kavanaugh. Justice Thomas’ gift disclosure needs to come under scrutiny. Kavanaugh was already brought under scrutiny during his nomination about alleged misconduct from his youth but there was not enough evidence or witnesses to corroborate the accusations. Same with Justice Thomas.

Back to Sotomayor, I have no problem with her penning a memoir and putting it out there on the market. The ethical problem I have is using the Office and staff resources to push for book to be sold.

Forum List

Back