Just how dangerous is Ted Cruz?

Still discussing Cruz? Ted is a product of the power of wealth over thought. The ideas of a group of the rich, mostly men, who have fought every progressive change since FDR. Odd the power money has over ideas. Watching him operate brings to mind a psychopathic personality, he does not seem in any way to consider the effect of his actions. What normal human being thinks depriving the needy of healthcare should be their primary purpose on earth. He offers no alternatives. A bit of his history and a comment from a conservative below.

"RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ'S CONSERVATIVE baptism came at 13, when his parents enrolled him in an after-school program in Houston that was run by a local nonprofit called the Free Enterprise Education Center. Its founder was a retired natural gas executive (and onetime vaudeville performer) named Rolland Storey, a jovial septuagenarian whom one former student described as "a Santa Claus of Liberty."

Storey's foundation was part of a late-Cold War growth spurt in conservative youth outreach. (Around the same time in Michigan, an Amway-backed group called the Free Enterprise Institute formed a traveling puppet show to teach five-year-olds about the evils of income redistribution.) The goal was to groom a new generation of true believers in the glory of the free market." Meet Ted Cruz, "The Republican Barack Obama" | Mother Jones

"o the leadership can’t impose any discipline on a Ted Cruz,” Brooks said. “There’s nothing they can punish him with. And, remember, what these people, Ted Cruz and some of the tea party people, their object is not to win Obamacare. Their object is to take over the Republican Party. So, they really are running against the Republicans. And for Ted Cruz, it’s potentially to get the nomination. And taking this down, if it can mobilize enough Republicans so he can take over the party and become — really transform the party, then that becomes the object. And one little straw in the wind, the Heritage Foundation, a very prominent conservative think tank, is running against Republicans. And that’s part of the change that is going on here." David Brooks warns of 'the rise of Ted Cruz-ism' | The Daily Caller

If you want to understand a bit of today, read this book.

"Historians and social critics often explain the successes of conservative politics by pointing to the backlash against the victories of the social movements of the 1960s, the cultural reaction against the radicals who fought for civil rights, feminism, and gay and lesbian rights and who protested against the Vietnam War. The 1970s defection of white working class people alienated and frightened by the liberal program shifted the politics of the country far to the right. The argument is that in the days before the onset of the culture wars, a "liberal consensus" dominated American politics, especially around economics." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

David Brooks wants his party back. I don't see him going down without a fight.

Rightwinger isn't ACTUALLY a rightwinger.

Did you figure that out all by yourself?

You told him he votes for idiots. That would make him a rightwinger.

Christ, but you're slow on the uptake. Talk to Testarosa. She's much better at the banter.

Yes I did and he does. He calls himself a rightwinger and I understand how that can be confusing to you. I'm slow?!? You just know figured out he wasn't ACTUALLY a rightwinger which is something I've known for quite some time now.

I'm here if Testarosa wants to banter.

Did you figure that out all by yourself?

Christ, but you're slow on the uptake. Talk to Testarosa. She's much better at the banter.

Yes I did and he does. He calls himself a rightwinger and I understand how that can be confusing to you. I'm slow?!? You just know figured out he wasn't ACTUALLY a rightwinger which is something I've known for quite some time now.

You'll need a lot of work before you're good enough to banter with her. At this point I can't figure out if you're stupid or just delusional - but I do know talking to you is a waste of time.

Lonestar_Logic is unable to banter competitively with RW, BDBoop, and Testarosa.

To the OP: Cruz is not dangerous and will fall by the wayside in late 2015.

You'll need a lot of work before you're good enough to banter with her. At this point I can't figure out if you're stupid or just delusional - but I do know talking to you is a waste of time.

Sorry but I'm not willing to lower my IQ to match hers.

I see your problem. Let me clarify, you are the one that thinks rightwinger, who is actually a leftwinger, votes for rightwingers. So it's safe to say that you are the stupid one.

At this present time, he's not looking very dangerous at all....

The Texas freshman has fired these shots from a comfortable position: a senator representing a deep-red state and member of the minority whose support is not essential to moving any legislation. He's insulated from the responsibilities of governing; he can freely vote the way he wants (he almost never votes for final passage of a bill) and talk smack about his colleagues without having to take real risks.

But now the freshman senator and his fellow Obamacare defunders, most notably Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), have found themselves in an unthinkable position. The House granted their wish on Friday and passed legislation that eliminates funding for Obamacare in a bill to keep the government funded, sending the battle to the Senate. That means that for once, these senators have have to put their votes where their mouths are. Their first instinct was to concede defeat and slink away in the Senate, but after a furious reaction from House Republicans, they feel renewed pressure to walk the walk.

Cruz-ing On Empty: Ted Exposed By Shutdown Debacle

C'mon Teddy, you can do it!

:lol:

I may just have to change my mind on Cruz, if a politician gets this much hatred piled on him by the establishment hacks of both msnbc and fox, while merely trying to do what the nation wants, he may be the guy were looking for.

I really don't think he is dangerous. The mentally ill who hide their illness are dangerous. Teddy does nothing to hide his. His run for office outside Texxxxas will show him as the loon that he is.

Times are achanging in the Lone Star state. His time is limited...

Cruz will win his election in 2018, wise up as the Hispanic demographic blues the state, and change to become a member of the Democratic Party in 2022 or 2023.

Doesn't really matter, once Texas turns blue the Republican party won't be anything more then a state and local party.

I really don't think he is dangerous. The mentally ill who hide their illness are dangerous. Teddy does nothing to hide his. His run for office outside Texxxxas will show him as the loon that he is.

Times are achanging in the Lone Star state. His time is limited...

pathetic, cheap, character assassination

maybe you should work for one of the cable channels

He's about as dangerous as Palin. Not much because people already perceive him as a loon, just like her.

The Ted Cruz effect: How one man destabilized the government - Salon.com

Late in August, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, traveled to a private residence in Dublin, N.H., to headline a fundraiser for the state Republican Party. Cruz’s spiel lasted about an hour, and was packed with the mix of straw men and inflammatory nonsense we’ve come to expect out of the junior senator from Texas....

“Moderate-extreme division isn’t new,” Karol explains. “But people on the extreme are more extreme now than they were. There was a time when we weren’t going to shut down the government, impeach the president, that if you do anything with the president you weren’t radioactive. Now, doing anything collaborative, anything across the aisle, means you’re suspect, courting a primary challenge. That atmosphere did not exist to the same degree.”

We've been watching the implosion of the GObP/pubs for some time now but it seems that Cruz just might be the one to pick up the pieces and use his power to do some very real damage the United States.

For liberals, he is pussified pant pissing dangerous.

Repubs from states like Texas & South Carolina are sent to Washington to "gum up the works" AOT working to better this great nation. Cases in point- Jim DeMint who infamously had a "standing filibuster" to delay ANY new legislation & now :up: Rafael Cruz :( Sad that

Forum List

Back