Just how dangerous is Ted Cruz?

Still discussing Cruz? Ted is a product of the power of wealth over thought. The ideas of a group of the rich, mostly men, who have fought every progressive change since FDR. Odd the power money has over ideas. Watching him operate brings to mind a psychopathic personality, he does not seem in any way to consider the effect of his actions. What normal human being thinks depriving the needy of healthcare should be their primary purpose on earth. He offers no alternatives. A bit of his history and a comment from a conservative below.

"RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ'S CONSERVATIVE baptism came at 13, when his parents enrolled him in an after-school program in Houston that was run by a local nonprofit called the Free Enterprise Education Center. Its founder was a retired natural gas executive (and onetime vaudeville performer) named Rolland Storey, a jovial septuagenarian whom one former student described as "a Santa Claus of Liberty."

Storey's foundation was part of a late-Cold War growth spurt in conservative youth outreach. (Around the same time in Michigan, an Amway-backed group called the Free Enterprise Institute formed a traveling puppet show to teach five-year-olds about the evils of income redistribution.) The goal was to groom a new generation of true believers in the glory of the free market." Meet Ted Cruz, "The Republican Barack Obama" | Mother Jones

"o the leadership can’t impose any discipline on a Ted Cruz,” Brooks said. “There’s nothing they can punish him with. And, remember, what these people, Ted Cruz and some of the tea party people, their object is not to win Obamacare. Their object is to take over the Republican Party. So, they really are running against the Republicans. And for Ted Cruz, it’s potentially to get the nomination. And taking this down, if it can mobilize enough Republicans so he can take over the party and become — really transform the party, then that becomes the object. And one little straw in the wind, the Heritage Foundation, a very prominent conservative think tank, is running against Republicans. And that’s part of the change that is going on here." David Brooks warns of 'the rise of Ted Cruz-ism' | The Daily Caller

If you want to understand a bit of today, read this book.

"Historians and social critics often explain the successes of conservative politics by pointing to the backlash against the victories of the social movements of the 1960s, the cultural reaction against the radicals who fought for civil rights, feminism, and gay and lesbian rights and who protested against the Vietnam War. The 1970s defection of white working class people alienated and frightened by the liberal program shifted the politics of the country far to the right. The argument is that in the days before the onset of the culture wars, a "liberal consensus" dominated American politics, especially around economics." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

Don't like him? Don't vote for him.

Still discussing Cruz? Ted is a product of the power of wealth over thought. The ideas of a group of the rich, mostly men, who have fought every progressive change since FDR. Odd the power money has over ideas. Watching him operate brings to mind a psychopathic personality, he does not seem in any way to consider the effect of his actions. What normal human being thinks depriving the needy of healthcare should be their primary purpose on earth. He offers no alternatives. A bit of his history and a comment from a conservative below.

"RAFAEL EDWARD CRUZ'S CONSERVATIVE baptism came at 13, when his parents enrolled him in an after-school program in Houston that was run by a local nonprofit called the Free Enterprise Education Center. Its founder was a retired natural gas executive (and onetime vaudeville performer) named Rolland Storey, a jovial septuagenarian whom one former student described as "a Santa Claus of Liberty."

Storey's foundation was part of a late-Cold War growth spurt in conservative youth outreach. (Around the same time in Michigan, an Amway-backed group called the Free Enterprise Institute formed a traveling puppet show to teach five-year-olds about the evils of income redistribution.) The goal was to groom a new generation of true believers in the glory of the free market." Meet Ted Cruz, "The Republican Barack Obama" | Mother Jones

"o the leadership can’t impose any discipline on a Ted Cruz,” Brooks said. “There’s nothing they can punish him with. And, remember, what these people, Ted Cruz and some of the tea party people, their object is not to win Obamacare. Their object is to take over the Republican Party. So, they really are running against the Republicans. And for Ted Cruz, it’s potentially to get the nomination. And taking this down, if it can mobilize enough Republicans so he can take over the party and become — really transform the party, then that becomes the object. And one little straw in the wind, the Heritage Foundation, a very prominent conservative think tank, is running against Republicans. And that’s part of the change that is going on here." David Brooks warns of 'the rise of Ted Cruz-ism' | The Daily Caller

"Historians and social critics often explain the successes of conservative politics by pointing to the backlash against the victories of the social movements of the 1960s, the cultural reaction against the radicals who fought for civil rights, feminism, and gay and lesbian rights and who protested against the Vietnam War. The 1970s defection of white working class people alienated and frightened by the liberal program shifted the politics of the country far to the right. The argument is that in the days before the onset of the culture wars, a "liberal consensus" dominated American politics, especially around economics." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

I don't vote for Canadians

I don't vote for Canadians

No you vote for idiots.

it doesnt prove hes a fake, its just additional evidence.....why doesn't he go by his first name?......probably cause he poll tested it in backwater texas and it didnt fly.....

At least you admit you lied.

Why did Obama use a different name?

Why do they call people Bob when their name is Robert or Dick when their name is Richard or Tom when their name is Thomas or Bill when their name is William.....etc.

Why do people choose to use their middle name instead of their first name? People like...Christopher Ashton Kutcher, William Brad Pitt, Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon, James Paul McCartney, Allen Kelsey Grammer, Jordan Taylor Hanson, Hannah Dakota Fanning, John William Ferrell, Olive Marie Osmond and Jared Drake Bell.....etc.

Do you have any evidence that Ted polled tested his name? Or is this just a foolish assumption on your part?

I didnt admit to any lie.

Obama goes by his rather unique first name, why can't Cruz???

Ted isnt a nickname for Rafael

Ironically enough you are comparing Cruz to a bunch of actors,....fakes....which was kinda my point.

it doesnt prove hes a fake, its just additional evidence.....why doesn't he go by his first name?......probably cause he poll tested it in backwater texas and it didnt fly.....

Why do they call people Bob when their name is Robert or Dick when their name is Richard or Tom when their name is Thomas or Bill when their name is William.....etc.

Why do people choose to use their middle name instead of their first name? People like...Christopher Ashton Kutcher, William Brad Pitt, Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon, James Paul McCartney, Allen Kelsey Grammer, Jordan Taylor Hanson, Hannah Dakota Fanning, John William Ferrell, Olive Marie Osmond and Jared Drake Bell.....etc.

Do you have any evidence that Ted polled tested his name? Or is this just a foolish assumption on your part?

Ironically enough you are comparing Cruz to a bunch of actors,....fakes....which was kinda my point.

Sure you did.

You stated "so his true name is Rafael, hmm, more proof he is a fake"

Then you stated "it doesn't (sic) prove hes (sic) a fake".

One of those statements is false. You choose.

Believe it or not Ted is short for Edward, Cruz's middle name.

I think what name you choose to go by is a personal choice. Do you have a problem with a person's right to choose?

Now actors are fake?

You're going to have to show evidence of that.

But I'm pretty sure those people are real.

Sure you did.

You stated "so his true name is Rafael, hmm, more proof he is a fake"

One of those statements is false. You choose.

Believe it or not Ted is short for Edward, Cruz's middle name.

I think what name you choose to go by is a personal choice. Do you have a problem with a person's right to choose?

Now actors are fake?

You're going to have to show evidence of that.

But I'm pretty sure those people are real.

Ted Cruz's fathers name is Rafael. It is common in many families to call a son with the same name as his father by his middle name to avoid confusion

you stated "so his true name is Rafael, hmm, more proof he is a fake"

more "evidence" is maybe what I should have said. contrary statements dont prove a lie either,
and regardless I didnt admit it if it was

and your (I think) being deliberately obtuse, of course actors are real people

you stated "so his true name is Rafael, hmm, more proof he is a fake"

more "evidence" is maybe what I should have said. contrary statements dont prove a lie either,
and regardless I didnt admit it if it was

and your (I think) being deliberately obtuse, of course actors are real people

Logically a contradiction is a statement that is false under all circumstances.

But you stated those actors I mentioned are fake.

So tell me what is not authentic or genuine about them?

Or what is misleading, false, contrived or fraudulent about them?

you called it a lie, not a false statement

-their acting

the tea party is exemplified by that true Texan Ross Perot, who is most famous for
a fair trade and deficit reduction ideology....Cruz worked as a trade commissioner of some sort. It seems like Cruz is playing for the house, he meets the classic positioning of a shill,i.e. the rhetoric of an outsider...the history of an insider.

Like I said before, if he actually gets Obama-care delayed Id change my mind.

you called it a lie, not a false statement

-their acting

the tea party is exemplified by that true Texan Ross Perot, who is most famous for
a fair trade and deficit reduction ideology....Cruz worked as a trade commissioner of some sort. It seems like Cruz is playing for the house, he meets the classic positioning of a shill,i.e. the rhetoric of an outsider...the history of an insider.

Like I said before, if he actually gets Obama-care delayed Id change my mind.

Semantics.

They're acting at being who they are?

Acting is what they do for a living not who they are.

I should know better than to debate idiots.

You're dismissed.

Here’s Ted Cruz trying to clean up the mess on Hannity last night, arguing that he and his fellow defund-Obamacare charlatan Mike Lee will keep the fight going as long as they can:

“I guarantee you one thing, Mike and I are going to fight with every breath in our body,” Cruz said. “As Churchill said, we will fight on the beaches, we will fight in the streets, we will fight at every step to stop the biggest job killer in America.”

Now, historians would probably see Cruz’s comparison of his vow to resist Obamacare to Winston Churchill’s call for full resistance to the Nazis as a tad strained. But that aside, this raises a number of interesting questions.

We know Senate Democrats will probably take the House CR and strip out the defunding of Obamacare in hopes of kicking it back to the House. But as Brian Beutler lays out, there are a number of procedural moves Senate Republicans can take to stall or slow this process — such as a Rand Paul-style drone filibuster — and conservative activists will presumably be expecting them to pull out all the procedural stops. As Beutler notes, if they don’t this whole thing will be exposed as the scam it always was.

Ted Cruz unmasks his own confidence game

I'd rather engage in civil discourse about important issues. Not always easy around here. Perhaps you would like to chime in and tell us in your own words exactly why Cruz is dangerous?

The floor is yours.

It has apparently escaped your notice, but the floor is not yours to grant.

About what we've come to expect. No specificity, no logic, no reason. Keep up the good work...:cuckoo:

The.

FLOOR.

Is.

NOT.

yours.

TO.

grant.

Did that help any?

You don't get to tell other people when they can or cannot post.

Forum List

Back