Just Go Away Teacher Unions!...

Personally I think private and parochial schools are as good as they are because they CAN kick out kids that refuse to learn or who are disruptive to everybody else's education. The public schools should do the same. Parents who will not discipline their kids and teach them a value system and a code of conduct should be required to make whatever arrangements are necessary to educate their kids but the taxpayer shouldn't be on the hook for that.

I think private and parochial schools are as good as they are because they can hire the people they want to teach the kids and they generally choose the creme de la creme. Because they rarely pay as well as public schools, the teachers they hire are almost always true educators, dedicated to using real skills and knowledge to benefit the children, and pleased to be in an environment in which they can do that even if they don't earn as much as government teachers. Certainly a parochial school will hire people who will teach the religion, ethics, and concepts as that particular denomination believes it.
'
In many/most places the public schools were once just as good. The federal government and the unions have made them into the dysfunctional institutions that many of them now are.

Case one....friend of mine applied at a PRivate military academy in Southern San Diego Co....had credentials for job and everything. Army buddy of dept head was hired...they held job with subs til he got out.

Case two...another friend of mine moved to the Bay area and applied first at local private schools since many of them were year round at the time. Every one said they would only pick people from their own church congregations, approved by THEIR pastor...nothing was ever said about eduational qualifications...only church approval qualifications.

Now...in Mr. H's situation he described earlier.....what recourse would he have in a Private School setting?

Tell us.
You saying it doesn't make it true.......We have to take your history up here into account whenever YOU make a claim.

Hell, I have two friends who were the presidents of 18 countries all at the same time. They each had three heads and 4 tails.........Really, it's true.

Now, provide solid evidence of what you claimed.

Doesn't make it NOT true either.

So...show us what laws are in place to make sure cronyism cannot take place in private school hiring? Show us the legal repercussions available in a situation like Mr. H described if it's a private school.

It's quite simple...when laws are in place to prevent cronyism, it is less likely to happen. When procedures are NOT in place to report hiring cronyism it is MORE likely to happen.
No, you said it happens "more so" in private schools........Prove it!

Personally I think private and parochial schools are as good as they are because they CAN kick out kids that refuse to learn or who are disruptive to everybody else's education. The public schools should do the same. Parents who will not discipline their kids and teach them a value system and a code of conduct should be required to make whatever arrangements are necessary to educate their kids but the taxpayer shouldn't be on the hook for that.

I think private and parochial schools are as good as they are because they can hire the people they want to teach the kids and they generally choose the creme de la creme. Because they rarely pay as well as public schools, the teachers they hire are almost always true educators, dedicated to using real skills and knowledge to benefit the children, and pleased to be in an environment in which they can do that even if they don't earn as much as government teachers. Certainly a parochial school will hire people who will teach the religion, ethics, and concepts as that particular denomination believes it.
'
In many/most places the public schools were once just as good. The federal government and the unions have made them into the dysfunctional institutions that many of them now are.
The hiring standards for our kids private school is rigorous, to say the least.

The experience has to be there. Knowledge of the subjects they teach must be there. They are rigorously tested on those subjects. They are rigorously tested on their ability to teach, in real time, in front of the Chancellor and faculty.

Cronyism does not happen.....It can't happen if the school wants to maintain its excellence. That school will not exist if they fall to public school standards. Parents will not invest their money to send their kids to a crappy school with subpar teachers.......And that's exactly why the students are far and above what the public schools produce.

Last edited:

'
The hiring standards for our kids private school is rigorous, to say the least.

The experience has to be there. Knowledge of the subjects they teach must be there. They are rigorously tested on those subjects. They are rigorously tested on their ability to teach, in real time, in front of the Chancellor and faculty.

Cronyism does not happen.....It can't happen if the school wants to maintain its excellence. That school will not exist if they fall to public school standards. Parents will not invest their money to send their kids to a crappy school with subpar teachers.......And that's exactly why the students are far and above what the public schools produce.

That's pretty much the story at Albuquerque Academy, a private school near where we live. Absolutely par excellent. My kids are out of college and doing well now, but if I had a schoolage kid now I would work three or more jobs if I had to in order to send him to a school comparable to it. Or I would homeschool.

Probably most of us at some time or other were able to get a foot in the door, get an interview, or otherwise get a leg up because we knew somebody in an organization we wanted to work for. But we still had to pass the requisite exams and/or accomplish ourselves in the interview and our experience and references had to hold up under scrutiny. That isn't cronyism. That's just being preceded by your reputation.

Cronyism is not giving anybody a chance except for your own group or circle and hiring based on who somebody is instead of what they have done and can do.

Forum List

Back