University Says Change Definition

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
University to Change Policy Defining Religious Discrimination as Oppression by Christians - FoxNews.com

The University of California at Davis has backed away from a policy that defined religious discrimination as Christians oppressing non-Christians after more than two dozen Christian students filed a formal complaint.

The definition was listed in a document called, “The Principles of Community.” It defined “Religious/Spiritual Discrimination” as “The loss of power and privilege to those who do not practice the dominant culture’s religion. In the United States, this is institutionalized oppressions toward those who are not Christian.”

Life in LiberalLand

Last edited:
Glad it was protested. Glad it was dropped. In Conservativeland you wouldn't have changed the policy, you would have called the protestors Commies. ;)

In conservativeland there never would have been such a stupid policy or definition.

Glad it was protested. Glad it was dropped. In Conservativeland you wouldn't have changed the policy, you would have called the protestors Commies. ;)

a number of years ago the air force academy became (essentially) a tool of right wing/evangelical christians. they hung banners promoting christianity/jesus and discriminated against non-christians by "force marching" them back to their quarters and confining them. they were essentially training their christian cadets to be warriors for jesus (and NOT America)...remember...they are CHRISTIANS FIRST and Americans second

imagine.....evangelical air force pilots who HATE liberals, new york, boston and california flying b1 bombers with nuclear capabilities....

back in the 1990s' many schools (public schools) down south initiated anti-gang emblem policies that denied jews (actually any and all non-christians) from wearing any religious insignia...

the ONLY GROUP (priviledged) allowed to wear their religious insignia were.....(want to guess?)

christians!

also; jews in public schools were routinely chastised and berated by christian public school teachers.....

i'm sure most of us are aware of the attempts (over the last 30 years) by evangelical christians to have America CERTIFIED christian....

can you imagine the discrimination that would ensue if that were to ever happen?

Last edited:
What do you expect from a culture which believes that only minorities are victims of racism and only women are victims of sexism?

University to Change Policy Defining Religious Discrimination as Oppression by Christians - FoxNews.com

The University of California at Davis has backed away from a policy that defined religious discrimination as Christians oppressing non-Christians after more than two dozen Christian students filed a formal complaint.

The definition was listed in a document called, “The Principles of Community.” It defined “Religious/Spiritual Discrimination” as “The loss of power and privilege to those who do not practice the dominant culture’s religion. In the United States, this is institutionalized oppressions toward those who are not Christian.”

:lol:this is really a definition of/for victimology, they can to swap out 'Religious/Spiritual' for, well, just about anything they disagree with.

Life in LiberalLand

indeed.

In conservativeland there never would have been such a stupid policy or definition.

Yeah, the discrimination would have been business as usual and anyone that complained could be shot. Fithy Commie! :lol:

I went to Catholic schools. I just didn't tell the stupid nuns I decided I was an agnostic at 12. I just had to go to church and listen to the boring crap.

Today I could sneak in a smartphone or pocket computer and listen to audiobooks during mass. Ain't technology wonderful?

psik

Forum List

Back