Just Go Away Teacher Unions!...

Some of you bitch ass punk motherfuckers almost make me embarrassed to be an American.

How many of you whiners that demand jail time for a handful of people holding out for peanuts and the rights they have already negotiated for and won demanded that the people that REALLY caused our financial crisis be prosecuted and put in prison?

How many of you??? That's what I thought. NONE of YOU. You suck as human beings and definitely suck as Americans.
What are you babbling about?

Take a chill pill, sparky......What's the matter, your dealer not answering the cell again. Causing you to jones like a motherfucker?

Yeah, we want those teachers to get their asses back to work. Quit stepping on the childrens rights to an education. Quit stepping on the parents who are now having to stay home from work at a loss of pay to ensure their children are safe and not out running amok. Imagine the hadship it causes a one income single parent or family who is struggling to just get by to lose even one day of pay......Or do you even give a shit about that?

Those teachers want to go join the protest, they can do it on their own god damn time. Not on the childrens and taxpayers time.....And, if they submit fraudulent notes from doctors in an attempt to defraud the taxpayers, then their sorry criminal asses should definitely have to pay......They are not special. A criminal is a fucking criminal.....GET IT?

And yes, lets go after those who caused the financial mess. But that's a seperate issue. Go talk to Holders ass, or quit yer bitchin'!

MMMMmmmmmaybe...:eusa_whistle: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, I remember those days......Glad they're long behind me......But I still like to partake in a lil' toke every now & then. No problem there. Got a medical marijuana card and the dispenseries are usually open 8am to midnight!....Hoooooody hooooooooo!:razz:

I just hate the whole Entitlement attitude thing. Teacher Unions have only promoted that attitude. Most of these States are broke. Teacher Unions are going to have to be more flexible and listen to the Taxpayers. After all,they do work for those Taxpayers. These Teachers in Wisconsin should get back to work. It's what the People want. End of story.
Absolutely. They need to stop stepping all over the childrens RIGHTS to an education, and get their asses back in the classrooms.

They want to protest, fine. They can do it on their own time.

I wanna know when State Prison Guards are going to Strike.

After all, don't they deserve all the collective bargaining "Rights" that teachers get?

The Prison Guard Union here in CA is the most powerful union of all...it's a growing concern.

Absolutely. They need to stop stepping all over the childrens RIGHTS to an education, and get their asses back in the classrooms.

They want to protest, fine. They can do it on their own time.

I wanna know when State Prison Guards are going to Strike.

After all, don't they deserve all the collective bargaining "Rights" that teachers get?

The Prison Guard Union here in CA is the most powerful union of all...it's a growing concern.

You mean Governor Brown hasn't proposed closing down the prisons?

Perhaps I'm not giving him enought credit.....

The Democrats really blew it when they forced Unions into our Government. Most people can accept Unions in the Private Sector but not in Government. These Teachers in Wisconsin have shut schools down all across Wisconsin. They should have never been allowed to have so much power. New Legislation should be presented which removes all Unions from Government. You're seeing the results of Unions in Government having too much power. Things need to change.

It can definitley happen if people start understanding that government isn't the solution to everything. That's going to be a tough sell to the left.

It's a tough sell to just about everybody, W.J. If the solution was just right wing or left wing ideology, then we would be seeing fixes when one or the other side was in power. It's the big fear that if we do that (I/me/us/we) will take it on the chin--the fear of trading the devil we know for something a lot of us have never seen.

But we don't see fixes. When the left is in power and gives away lots of lots of programs and goodies to "help" people, in a normal economy things usually do get better for awhile. But it is almost always as the price of unpayable bills on down the road that will have to be paid with interest. Nothing gets fixed when you just shuffle people around in the same flawed system.

When the right is in power and the economy is turned loose more on its own initiative, the economy usually does take off. But whatever initiatives triggered the growth will level off and though eveybody levels off at a higher level than before, even those who call themselves conservative have used bandaids and patches but without any real medicine to heal the wounds. So nothing gets fixed when you use the same flawed organizations to work within a patched system.

We haven't tried anything really new and different--we haven't had a radically different way of thinking about freedom, unalienable rights, and limited government for a very long time now. Both Democrats and Republicans have perpetuated a flawed system that is running out of gas.

It's time to rethink it all and do it differently.

And we can start by not demanding that Wisconsin or any other state retain a flawed system that isn't sustainable and isn't getting the job done.

I disagree. The system is not "flawed". It has been gamed by some treacherous assholes and no one had the guts to step in and prevent it and no one has the guts to stand up and prosecute them.

Try and use ALL of your imagination and consider what the world economy would be like right this minute if responsible people had done their job and these so called derivatives had been stopped in their tracks or at the very least rated their true value and risk.

But no...let's just knaw on our own legs like some stupid desperate wolves caught in a trap. Let's lash out at whomever seems to have a slightly upper hand through good foresight and legal means on their part.

Fuck this shit! If you dummies want to make things right then by God make it right starting with the assets of those that put us in this mess. THEN assess a penalty on every institution that participated and make THEM pay for much of this expense.

A bit extreme don't you think? How do you identify those institutions that you think should be made to pay? How do you apportion what each one owes?

For now I would be happy if the feds just stay out of it and let each state deal with its own problems as is necessary short of trampling on anybody's unalienable or constitutional rights. What the federal government COULD do that would be useful is give the states ability to declare limited bankruptcy protection so that they could reorganize and regroup in a manner that they could handle.

At the Federal level what we should be demanding is that nobody at the federal level--not the President or any of his cabinet or staff--not any member of the Senate or House or any of their staff--not any bureaucrat--could use any part of the people's money to benefit any individual person, group. organization, or association. Make any form of 'charity' to anybody at the Federal level illegal and a huge part of the problem is immediately solved.

The Democrats really blew it when they forced Unions into our Government. Most people can accept Unions in the Private Sector but not in Government. These Teachers in Wisconsin have shut schools down all across Wisconsin. They should have never been allowed to have so much power. New Legislation should be presented which removes all Unions from Government. You're seeing the results of Unions in Government having too much power. Things need to change.

Its a state's right to be idiotic.

Teacher Unions need to be severely weakened or removed from our Public Schools completely. They no longer care about the kids. Somewhere along the line they forgot that they work for the Taxpayers and not just for the Democratic Party. They serve no real purpose in our Public Schools. Kudos to Scott Walker for making tough Adult decisions. It's time to get Wisconsin back on track.

It really does come down to that Entitlement mentality in the end. Teachers have become like Generational Welfare Recipients. Teachers don't have it nearly as bad as they claim. Just look at all the nice benefits they receive. When is the last time you saw a Welfare Recipient or Teacher say thank you to the Taxpayers? Personally i've never seen that. All i see Teachers & Welfare Recipients doing is whining & complaining and demanding more. I do blame the Democrats for this mentality. People just don't have as much sympathy for Teachers anymore. And Teachers only have themselves to blame for that. They need to stop all the Entitlement stuff and just say thank you to Taxpayers once and awhile. If they keep it up they will be on a road to ruin for sure.

It really does come down to that Entitlement mentality in the end. Teachers have become like Generational Welfare Recipients. Teachers don't have it nearly as bad as they claim. Just look at all the nice benefits they receive. When is the last time you saw a Welfare Recipient or Teacher say thank you to the Taxpayers? Personally i've never seen that. All i see Teachers & Welfare Recipients doing is whining & complaining and demanding more. I do blame the Democrats for this mentality. People just don't have as much sympathy for Teachers anymore. And Teachers only have themselves to blame for that. They need to stop all the Entitlement stuff and just say thank you to Taxpayers once and awhile. If they keep it up they will be on a road to ruin for sure.

Ah...Teachers & Welfare Recipients.....kinda says it all, doesn't it?

Not really. Taking a poorly constructed argument and building on it?

Once again, you show your abject stupidity and ignorance.

It's a tough sell to just about everybody, W.J. If the solution was just right wing or left wing ideology, then we would be seeing fixes when one or the other side was in power. It's the big fear that if we do that (I/me/us/we) will take it on the chin--the fear of trading the devil we know for something a lot of us have never seen.

But we don't see fixes. When the left is in power and gives away lots of lots of programs and goodies to "help" people, in a normal economy things usually do get better for awhile. But it is almost always as the price of unpayable bills on down the road that will have to be paid with interest. Nothing gets fixed when you just shuffle people around in the same flawed system.

When the right is in power and the economy is turned loose more on its own initiative, the economy usually does take off. But whatever initiatives triggered the growth will level off and though eveybody levels off at a higher level than before, even those who call themselves conservative have used bandaids and patches but without any real medicine to heal the wounds. So nothing gets fixed when you use the same flawed organizations to work within a patched system.

We haven't tried anything really new and different--we haven't had a radically different way of thinking about freedom, unalienable rights, and limited government for a very long time now. Both Democrats and Republicans have perpetuated a flawed system that is running out of gas.

It's time to rethink it all and do it differently.

And we can start by not demanding that Wisconsin or any other state retain a flawed system that isn't sustainable and isn't getting the job done.

I disagree. The system is not "flawed". It has been gamed by some treacherous assholes and no one had the guts to step in and prevent it and no one has the guts to stand up and prosecute them.

Try and use ALL of your imagination and consider what the world economy would be like right this minute if responsible people had done their job and these so called derivatives had been stopped in their tracks or at the very least rated their true value and risk.

But no...let's just knaw on our own legs like some stupid desperate wolves caught in a trap. Let's lash out at whomever seems to have a slightly upper hand through good foresight and legal means on their part.

Fuck this shit! If you dummies want to make things right then by God make it right starting with the assets of those that put us in this mess. THEN assess a penalty on every institution that participated and make THEM pay for much of this expense.

A bit extreme don't you think? How do you identify those institutions that you think should be made to pay? How do you apportion what each one owes?

For now I would be happy if the feds just stay out of it and let each state deal with its own problems as is necessary short of trampling on anybody's unalienable or constitutional rights. What the federal government COULD do that would be useful is give the states ability to declare limited bankruptcy protection so that they could reorganize and regroup in a manner that they could handle.

At the Federal level what we should be demanding is that nobody at the federal level--not the President or any of his cabinet or staff--not any member of the Senate or House or any of their staff--not any bureaucrat--could use any part of the people's money to benefit any individual person, group. organization, or association. Make any form of 'charity' to anybody at the Federal level illegal and a huge part of the problem is immediately solved.

I watched the commission that investigated the financial crisis a few days ago..give their public report. THEY recommend and have forwarded evidence for prosecution.

Extreme? right and wrong ...justice..is an extreme position? The TRUTH is that if this financial crisis had not hit us and there was something to build on instead of repairing a crisis this ghoulish conversation would not be happening.

You morons want to give the wealthiest Americans tax cuts at a time like this and threaten to shut down our government if that didn't happen?

Nevermind.... I don't feel like talking to zombies this evening... You are all correct. Get rid of all unions. Drive down the American worker. Buy all your crap at Walmart. Fuck American manufacturing. Worship the thieves of Wall Street. Buy another Biz Jet for the CEO of a HMO. Fuck it!.... buy a dozen...his kids need transportation too.

Maybe you are not stupid. Maybe you are just fucking evil.

Doing away with the unions will force teachers to hold themselves to a higher standard. They won't have the security blanket of a union fighting for them despite their abject incompetence.

Get the power out of the hands of the unions and put it fully in the hands of the school districts. If the school districts could have the power over their teachers and their competence without the inevitable threat of union intervention in personnel matters, things would no doubt change.

Basically, just cut out the middle man and get directly down to business. Enough is enough.

To a degree I agree with Gem. Truth of the matter is that Unions have protected the worst of teachers, doing away with that is good. However, the real issue for failure doesn't lie with teachers, but with parenting and the expectations that somehow 'schools' or 'teachers' can fix what's broken.
There's been bad parenting from day one. No doubt about it. It just seems that nowadays it's gotten worse. No doubt due to many factors, too include the nanny state culture that many kids are being raised under. Their parents make a living on welfare so, the kids say fuck it, why work hard in school when I can just milk it and get free shit later on in life, and supplement my tax payer given income by selling drugs or whatnot just like mommy and daddy do?

The teachers blame the parents, and vice versa. Fact is, they've both become a problem. Disban the unions who blatantly protect incompetence and start using existing LAWS and create new LAWS to go after dysfunctional parents. Despite what the ACLU might whine about.

Just because a person is on welfare doesn't mean they are lazy or drug dealers. In this economy many people can't find jobs. Furthermore if a child sees his/her parents struggling financially they will be motivated to not live that life. Teachers are fundamental to the advancement of children. Sure there are some who are "bad" and should be fired, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the good teachers livelyhood for that to happen.

Not only that, but very few industries pay for their employees' education. Nobody paid me for mine though certain levels of education were a requirement for numerous positions I have had. Why should teachers' be any different?

Also there is very little room at the top in just about everything. There are only so many coaching positions in the NFL and all players will not aspire to or be qualified for those positions. There are only so many supervisory jobs, so many vice president positions, so many CEO jobs out there. We always hope the cream will rise to the top to be the CEOs and supervisors and principals and superintendents, and not all will qualify and not all who do qualify will want those kinds of jobs.

A republic that protects the unalienable rights of the people and respects human rights gives all who have the drive and ambition and ability to achieve whatever their hearts desire. But while it allows for the most free people on Earth, it does not provide all we want. And what we want in the way of wages, benefits, hours, and working conditions doesn't fall within the scope of unalienable rights. Sometimes its necessary to choose what sacrifices we are willing to make and what effort we are willing to put out to get what we want.

Coaches in the NFL get to pick the best of the best for their teams. Can you imagine if they were required to take ANYONE (including those who don't even want to play football) on their team? And at the end of the season, they are determined a success or a failure based on the end performance of each player on the team including those who rarely showed up for practice, refused to drill, and sat down on the field in a do-nothing pout when the ball was in play?

Well coming at it from a purely practical standpoint I don't think the schools should have to take anybody. I think schools should take the students who are capable of doing the work, who maintain a reasonable degree of civility, and who are not disruptive to other students or the school staff. If the community votes the funding, those incapable of doing a minimum level of work should be handled by special education. If there is insufficient demand for that, the parents would need to put together some kind of private system or home school.

It would be up to the parents to teach their kids the virtues of respect for other students and respect for authority. Those kids incapable of learning that should be expelled and the parents make other arrangements to educate them. The parents will make every effort to educate them until they are at least 16. No kid will be eligible for an unrestricted drivers' license, however, until he has achieved a highschool diploma or a G.E.D. or reached Age 21, whichever comes first. I think that would take care of a whole lot of motivation problems. Also if there is sufficient interest, a vocational school could be established for older kids who can't or won't cut it in the regular classroom.

Parents will also be responsible to see that their kids have a decent breakfast and lunch money and adequate school supplies (tablets, paper, pencils, crayons, etc. etc. as most of us were required to have.) Those that do not will receive a visit from social services. Except for the most unusual circumstances, parents who cannot or will not provide the barest basic necessities for their children should not be allowed to keep those children.

And meanwhile the parents will demand that the teachers teach real subjects and that their kids have opportunity to learn reading, writing, math, science, history, and social studies sufficiently to be educated and without ideological indoctrination. And if that involves busting some unions to get teachers who want to do that and who are good at it, so be it.
I think you are living in a dream world. Yes, if the educational system could accept only the good hard working students that don’t cause disruptions in the classroom, and are really capable of doing the work, it would totally transform the schools system. This is exactly what other countries are doing, whose educational systems are ranked higher than ours. However, try telling a parent that their kid is not good enough to go to public schools that they help pay for and they have to home school or send their kid to private school.

About 30% of the kids in this country live in single-family homes. Kids from these homes are most likely to be incapable keeping up with the class and most likely to cause disruptions. Home Schooling and private schools is rarely an option for these kids.

Remove the problem kids, the slow learners, and the Special Ed kids. Test scores will go up, teachers will do a better job and costs will go down. The only problem is what to do with these kids.

If teachers really have it so good, then why are half of the teachers in the country quiting in less than 5 years with most of them leaving the teaching profession? The only thing that keeps the system going is a lot new starry-eyed teachers that think they are going to make a difference. After a few years of low pay, long hours, indifferent parents, crowed classrooms, and an a non-supportive administration there're gone.

Half of Teachers Quit in 5 Years - washingtonpost.com

Kudos to new Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker! :clap2::clap2:

More brave Politicians need to start standing up to the corrupt Teacher Unions. The Teacher Unions have brought our Public School System to its knees. It has become all about them. It's all about getting that cash for them. They don't care about the kids anymore. They also only want to force their politics and social experimenting on the kids at this point. Their number one goal these last few decades has been to brainwash the children and create good little future adult Democrats. They stopped teaching the kids the basics of Education a long time ago.

Teacher Unions now only do far more harm than they do good. It's time for them to go away. The Public School System will be so much better off when they're gone. The Kids could actually start learning again. American kids continue to fall further & further behind other far less developed and less wealthy nations. I do blame the Teacher Unions for this. They have become too obsessed with the cash and creating good little future adult Democrats. They have lost their way. Get rid of the Teacher Unions and our Public School System might just be salvaged.

The best school system in the world, Finland, is 100% unionized.

If teachers really have it so good, then why are half of the teachers in the country quiting in less than 5 years with most of them leaving the teaching profession? The only thing that keeps the system going is a lot new starry-eyed teachers that think they are going to make a difference. After a few years of low pay, long hours, indifferent parents, crowed classrooms, and an a non-supportive administration there're gone.

Half of Teachers Quit in 5 Years - washingtonpost.com

Yep. And what people don't understand is that tenure is not a "job for life". Firing a bad teacher is difficult. Forcing them to quit is quite easy. It happens ALL the time.

Demonizing teachers and cutting their pay is clearly the way to go if you want to improve our nation's school systems.

I can just sense the line of more quality applicants filling up fast for such a gig.

Last edited:
The%2Bbeatings%2Bwill%2Bcontinue%2Buntil%2Bmorale%2Bimproves.jpg

LOL I had to add my two sense, three sense, no four....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education/159100-pay-teachers-more.html#post3418935
http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...ew-of-waiting-for-superman-2.html#post3065163
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/108215-education-then-and-now.html
http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/108215-education-then-and-now-2.html#post2074607
http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...liberals-in-the-classroom-11.html#post1749647

"This is the truth that the Great Education Myth aims to obscure. It's not that schools are ill-equipped to train STEM specialists. It's that the additional students who might boost our STEM workforce are choosing to avoid STEM majors because they see an economy that is more hospitable to careers in Wall Street casinos rather than in high-tech innovation -- a financialized economy based less on creating tangible assets than on encouraging worthless speculation.

This doesn't mean that our education system is perfect. But it does mean that without reforming the trade, tax and regulatory policies that reward high-tech outsourcing and incentivize careers in finance, our schools can never be an engine of value-generating information-age jobs." The neoliberal bait-and-switch - Education - Salon.com

Forum List

Back