Just Go Away Teacher Unions!...

The only bitterness I feel right now is being unfairly attacked for my chosen profession. In my family, my community, and my circle of friends, teachers are highly respected. Not so much on this board. Oh well. At least I get my summers off.

The only bitterness I feel right now is being unfairly attacked for my chosen profession. In my family, my community, and my circle of friends, teachers are highly respected. Not so much on this board. Oh well. At least I get my summers off.
Typical liberal nonsense......As usual, the victim card gets thrust forward.

That shit isn't working anymore.

Most people respect Teachers. They just don't respect the greedy political activist Teacher Unions. Personally,i do respect Teachers but i also think they complain too much. They receive some pretty nice benefits compared to many other professions in this country. Try working 6-Day Work-Weeks and Holidays. For example,most American Workers didn't have a paid day off today for President's Day. Most had to show up for work today. Many American Workers have it rough but none whine more than Teachers. They should stop all the complaining and focus more on helping the kids. If you're in it to get rich,then get the Hell out and go find another line of work. No one likes a whiner. It is what it is.
I think it's hard to compare teaching with most jobs. Teaching does have some nice perks, like additional holidays and better than average retirement but there's lot of responsibility. In households where both parents work, which are most households, many kids spend more time with their teacher than than they do their parents. In essence, teachers are becoming substitute parents in addition to teaching.

Getting rid of teacher unions does not fix the problem. Higher salaries, an improved work environment, higher standards, better training, and opportunities for advance are a good start.

Opportunities to advance....to what?

Staff Sergeant?

My OT consists of worrying about kids who are depressed/suicidal/pregnant/hungry or have a bullet lodged in their skull. But I'm sure everyone brings that stuff home too. :(

You mean you know more than one kid that is depressed/pregnant, and has a bullet lodged in her skull?

...does she wanna "Kill Bill?"

I;ll respect you in the morning,

Better Now?.:cool:

Most people respect Teachers. They just don't respect the greedy political activist Teacher Unions. Personally,i do respect Teachers but i also think they complain too much. They receive some pretty nice benefits compared to many other professions in this country. Try working 6-Day Work-Weeks and Holidays. For example,most American Workers didn't have a paid day off today for President's Day. Most had to show up for work today. Many American Workers have it rough but none whine more than Teachers. They should stop all the complaining and focus more on helping the kids. If you're in it to get rich,then get the Hell out and go find another line of work. No one likes a whiner. It is what it is.
I think it's hard to compare teaching with most jobs. Teaching does have some nice perks, like additional holidays and better than average retirement but there's lot of responsibility. In households where both parents work, which are most households, many kids spend more time with their teacher than than they do their parents. In essence, teachers are becoming substitute parents in addition to teaching.

Getting rid of teacher unions does not fix the problem. Higher salaries, an improved work environment, higher standards, better training, and opportunities for advance are a good start.
Fine, lets privatize the system, and go with a performance based pay scale. You can have your union, they just don't bargain for pay. No more collective bargaining.

How's that for starters?

And while we're at it, lets install cameras in every damn classroom in the country, where parents can log in and see and hear exactly what's going on in their childrens classrooms.

My wife and I have that ability through our chidrens private school. It's a great thing.
In general private schools pick their students. They bypass special ed kids because the cost of meeting their needs would make tuition too high, so these kids are left to public schools. Unless the school specializes in handling problem kids, they too are bypassed. Kids with limited English capabilities are bypassed. But the major problem for most parents considering private school is cost. The average private school tuition for grades K-12 is $8500/yr. If you have 3 kids, this amount will amount to $306,000 for their education. There aren't many families that can handle these cost.

Last edited:

Fine, lets privatize the system, and go with a performance based pay scale. You can have your union, they just don't bargain for pay. No more collective bargaining.

How's that for starters?

And while we're at it, lets install cameras in every damn classroom in the country, where parents can log in and see and hear exactly what's going on in their childrens classrooms.

My wife and I have that ability through our chidrens private school. It's a great thing.
In general private schools pick their students. They bypass special ed kids because the cost of meeting their needs would make tuition too high, so these kids are left to public schools. Unless the school specializes in handling problem kids, they too are bypassed. Kids with limited English capabilities are bypassed. But the major problem for most parents considering private school is cost. The average private school tuition for grades K-12 is $8500/yr. If you have 3 kids, this amount will amount to $306,000 for their education. There aren't many families that can handle these cost.

Wicked wants the Mexico system...those who can pay, get decent education for their kids...those who cannot.........well, it's the Mexico system.

Staff Sergeant?
As it stands now there is no opportunity to advance for most teachers. Master teacher programs which offer considerably higher pay for the best teachers exist in just a few states. Department heads are little more that a title with a small stipend. To stand a change of landing an asst principal job, or a district level position you need at least a Master's Degree and in some districts a Doctorate, all at the teachers expense. Unlike many companies school districts don't pay tuition for teacher seeking higher degrees.

How's that for starters?

Wicked wants the Mexico system...those who can pay, get decent education for their kids...those who cannot.........well, it's the Mexico system.
Once again, you're being completely stupid. But don't let that stop ya', Butch. It's what we've come to expect from ya'.

I mean, it's not like you have the ability to debate or anything like that. You're a middle aged woman hooked on GLEE........'nuf said.

Once again, you're being completely stupid. But don't let that stop ya', Butch. It's what we've come to expect from ya'.

I mean, it's not like you have the ability to debate or anything like that. You're a middle aged woman hooked on GLEE........'nuf said.

You are the kind of person that makes the teachers want raises for what they do.
You are the kind of person who causes teachers to spend more time in classroom discipline than in teaching.
You are the kind of person that skews test scores downward.
You are the kind of person that drives parents to move their children to private schools.

BTW....how much rent do you charge for all that room in your head I seem to be holding?

Staff Sergeant?
As it stands now there is no opportunity to advance for most teachers. Master teacher programs which offer considerably higher pay for the best teachers exist in just a few states. Department heads are little more that a title with a small stipend. To stand a change of landing an asst principal job, or a district level position you need at least a Master's Degree and in some districts a Doctorate, all at the teachers expense. Unlike many companies school districts don't pay tuition for teacher seeking higher degrees.

True enough about there being no district money for teachers to get their Masters, but then there's no gaurantee the individual would work for the district after they complete their degree...PLUS there is no shortage of Masters of Educational Administration candidates standing in line for Assistant Principal positions REGARDLESS.

What is a "Master Teacher?"...More importantly:do we really need them enough to pay significantly more $$....If they existed, wouldn't they be pretty easy to identify? I mean, you could drop a "Master Teacher" into any classroom full of underachievers, and they'd go from a 30% passing rate to a 90% passing rate?...My guess is that few states have these because TEACHERS Unions discourage them.

You are the kind of person that makes the teachers want raises for what they do.
You are the kind of person who causes teachers to spend more time in classroom discipline than in teaching.
You are the kind of person that drives parents to move their children to private schools.

BTW....how much rent do you charge for all that room in your head I seem to be holding?
Blah blah blah, yada yada yada.

Christ, you wake up in the morning and you're already a blabbering idiot.

Next time you decide to stick your nose into an issue, at least know what the hell you're talking about.......It might make you look a lil' less like the blabbering idiot we ALL know you to be.

Still don't have the guts to admit that you were being completely dishonest (that lil' pattern of yours) when you tried to claim the governor was trying to take those pooooooor wittle teachers pay?:eusa_liar:

Yeah, I didn't think so..........................:eusa_liar:

Staff Sergeant?

True enough about there being no district money for teachers to get their Masters, but then there's no gaurantee the individual would work for the district after they complete their degree...PLUS there is no shortage of Masters of Educational Administration candidates standing in line for Assistant Principal positions REGARDLESS.

What is a "Master Teacher?"...More importantly:do we really need them enough to pay significantly more $$....If they existed, wouldn't they be pretty easy to identify? I mean, you could drop a "Master Teacher" into any classroom full of underachievers, and they'd go from a 30% passing rate to a 90% passing rate?...My guess is that few states have these because TEACHERS Unions discourage them.

Not only that, but very few industries pay for their employees' education. Nobody paid me for mine though certain levels of education were a requirement for numerous positions I have had. Why should teachers' be any different?

Also there is very little room at the top in just about everything. There are only so many coaching positions in the NFL and all players will not aspire to or be qualified for those positions. There are only so many supervisory jobs, so many vice president positions, so many CEO jobs out there. We always hope the cream will rise to the top to be the CEOs and supervisors and principals and superintendents, and not all will qualify and not all who do qualify will want those kinds of jobs.

A republic that protects the unalienable rights of the people and respects human rights gives all who have the drive and ambition and ability to achieve whatever their hearts desire. But while it allows for the most free people on Earth, it does not provide all we want. And what we want in the way of wages, benefits, hours, and working conditions doesn't fall within the scope of unalienable rights. Sometimes its necessary to choose what sacrifices we are willing to make and what effort we are willing to put out to get what we want.

Blah blah blah, yada yada yada.

Christ, you wake up in the morning and you're already a blabbering idiot.

Next time you decide to stick your nose into an issue, at least know what the hell you're talking about.......It might make you look a lil' less like the blabbering idiot we ALL know you to be.

Still don't have the guts to admit that you were being completely dishonest (that lil' pattern of yours) when you tried to claim the governor was trying to take those pooooooor wittle teachers pay?:eusa_liar:

Yeah, I didn't think so..........................:eusa_liar:
Thank you for proving my point in your post....I expect that your teachers were trying hard to pawn you off on each other.

Not only that, but very few industries pay for their employees' education. Nobody paid me for mine though certain levels of education were a requirement for numerous positions I have had. Why should teachers' be any different?

Also there is very little room at the top in just about everything. There are only so many coaching positions in the NFL and all players will not aspire to or be qualified for those positions. There are only so many supervisory jobs, so many vice president positions, so many CEO jobs out there. We always hope the cream will rise to the top to be the CEOs and supervisors and principals and superintendents, and not all will qualify and not all who do qualify will want those kinds of jobs.

A republic that protects the unalienable rights of the people and respects human rights gives all who have the drive and ambition and ability to achieve whatever their hearts desire. But while it allows for the most free people on Earth, it does not provide all we want. And what we want in the way of wages, benefits, hours, and working conditions doesn't fall within the scope of unalienable rights. Sometimes its necessary to choose what sacrifices we are willing to make and what effort we are willing to put out to get what we want.

Coaches in the NFL get to pick the best of the best for their teams. Can you imagine if they were required to take ANYONE (including those who don't even want to play football) on their team? And at the end of the season, they are determined a success or a failure based on the end performance of each player on the team including those who rarely showed up for practice, refused to drill, and sat down on the field in a do-nothing pout when the ball was in play?

NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND—The Football Version

1. All teams must make the state playoffs and all MUST win the championship.
If a team does not win the championship, they will be on probation until
they are the champions, and coaches will be held accountable. If after two
years they have not won the championship their footballs and equipment will
be taken away UNTIL they do win the championship.

2. All kids will be expected to have the same football skills at the same time
even if they do not have the same conditions or opportunities to practice on
their own. NO exceptions will be made for lack of interest in football, a
desire to perform athletically, or genetic abilities or disabilities of themselves or their parents.
ALL KIDS WILL PLAY FOOTBALL AT A PROFICIENT LEVEL!

3. Talented players will be asked to workout on their own, without
instruction. This is because the coaches will be using all their
instructional time with the athletes who aren’t interested in football, have
limited athletic ability or whose parents don’t like football.

4. Games will be played year round, but statistics will only be kept in the
4th, 8th, and 11th game. It will create a New Age of Sports where every
school is expected to have the same level of talent and all teams will reach
the same minimum goals. If no child gets ahead, then no child gets left behind.
If parents do not like this new law, they are encouraged to vote for vouchers
and support private schools that can screen out the non-athletes and prevent
their children from having to go to school with bad football players.

Greedy Teacher Unions are no different than corrupt Politicians in the end. They always seem to forget that they work for the Taxpayers. The Taxpayers don't work for them. Unions should have never been allowed in Government. The People don't want them. Time to boot them and the corrupt Politicians.

Greedy Teacher Unions are no different than corrupt Politicians in the end. They always seem to forget that they work for the Taxpayers. The Taxpayers don't work for them. Unions should have never been allowed in Government. The People don't want them. Time to boot them and the corrupt Politicians.

Teachers ARE their unions....so you are basically saying that teachers are greedy and should be booted. This is the dream Republicans have?

Forum List

Back