Just curious

Stat is a bit of a douche, so it's good you used him.

but yea, dems da rulz

I think you can thank bdboop for these idiotic rules. she bitched so much about how hardcore we were they changed a lot of rules, created the kiddy zone and basically make us all play nice with each other.

Ever notice the FZ sucks now? it's b/c all the best flamers left over these rules.

but on the plus side, a bunch of limp wristed whiners joined.
Thanks for the history lesson.

Doesn't surprise me one bit, either. :thup::)

no prob

When I joined you posted with your hands up and chin down, stick and move, bob and weave, rope a dope.

post w/o links, lie, get stoopud, you were eaten alive, screaming for your momma. Not many noobs lasted.

but on the right side, the FZ was far more brutal

Nice revisionist history. Give the other one a tug, why don't you.

Just to try to make it clearer....I'm gonna use Stat cuz he won't mind :).

And remember..this is just an example. Stat is a pal of mine. But he is great for experiments and examples. :lol:

Let's say I put Stat on ignore. Gracie then tells the mods Stat is on ignore and Stat better not @ me cuz I will cry. So..mods inform Stat that I cried about him and have him on ignore. He is informed. However, Gracie continues to talk about Stat whenever she can...and not in a good way. So this means Gracie gets some flimsy pansy-assed protection but can still bash the fuck out of Stat from the safety of a mod's underskirt...or pants.

Right?

Nahhh, it's all good, [MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION].

In this theoretical case, "Stat" can also still talk as nasty ABOUT "Gracie" as he wants to just as she is talking about him. The only thing he can't do it so talk TO Gracie per PM, VM or @. He can still neg "Gracie" and within the neg, a message is STILL allowed, because a neg comment doesn't count as a PM.

It's just funny as fuck when a member goes out of his or HER way to let you know you are on ignore, by going through a mod ("Oh, tell that meany Stat that I've got him on ignore, my fingers are broke and I can't type it myself!!! Waaah!!!"), and then peeks at every posting you make in order to neg you. What a weird game. But some like to play it. Cool with me.

What really IS disgusting is when a member puts you on ignore, doesn't tell you and then just reports and lies, as if they did tell you you are on ignore. I've been told that's happened a couple of times. Or a member who has literally, in the middle of a PM conversation, negged that person. In the middle of a fucking conversation. I mean, it takes a special kind of sick to do that stuff.

But the rest? Nahhh, it's all good. The FZ is for everyone to play in. Some need it more than others.

:)

Last edited:
Doesn't Connery wear a kilt? Just look up, Sherry. That is..if you ever wanna hide under there. :lol:

Interesting info. Anyway, I've never reported anyone or put them on ignore...but I'd love to know who has me on their ignore list.:eusa_whistle:

Actually, [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION], that is a problem that could easily be fixed with the software. There are other websites where, when you enter a member's name to PM them, a warning appears something like this:

"Warning: this member has you on ignore".

It's really not hard to write into the code. In fact, I'm recommending it for the next software upgrade.

Stat is a bit of a douche, so it's good you used him.

but yea, dems da rulz

I think you can thank bdboop for these idiotic rules. she bitched so much about how hardcore we were they changed a lot of rules, created the kiddy zone and basically make us all play nice with each other.

Ever notice the FZ sucks now? it's b/c all the best flamers left over these rules.

but on the plus side, a bunch of limp wristed whiners joined.

Always so invigorating to read your posts, because they are just so friendly, you know. Makes me wanna go take a drive in my car, feel the cool wind!

mercedes-sls-amg-gullwing1-10348.jpg

:thup::badgrin:

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] - as a matter of fact, I am going to make that suggestion right now, right nere.
[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] [MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]

There is a loophole in the ignore system here. A member can put you on ignore without you have any idea that that has happened.

It must be possible with the software to automatically generate a message to a member when he has been placed on -or taken off- ignore by someone. After all, the system has to register the ignore request to begin with.

The message could look like this:

"Dear YYY,

XXX placed you on 'ignore' on March 16, 2014, 11:55 AM. If after this time you contact XXX per PM, VM or use of the @ funtion, that is considered harassment and grounds for a ban from USMB.

If you wish to place XXX also on ignore, you may click HERE.

Thank you,

USMB Admin"

-and-

"Dear YYY,

XXX removed you from his/her 'ignore'-list on March 16, 2014, 11:55 AM. As of now, you may contact XXX per PM, VM or use of the @ funtion.

If you have XXX on ignore and also wish to remove XXX from your ignore list, you may click HERE.

Thank you,

USMB Admin"

End of story, no more shooting in the dark, wondering who has you on ignore.

Then, while surfing, should a member accidentally (and that can happen) choose to mail someone who has him on ignore, a warning message should appear.

It can't be that hard to adjust USMB code for that.

What say you? In this way, the loophole is closed forever.

Last edited:

no prob

When I joined you posted with your hands up and chin down, stick and move, bob and weave, rope a dope.

post w/o links, lie, get stoopud, you were eaten alive, screaming for your momma. Not many noobs lasted.

but on the right side, the FZ was far more brutal

Nice revisionist history. Give the other one a tug, why don't you.

and somehow I'm still getting rep for pointing you out.

weird huh?

Listen, you can turn your PM's off or to only folks on your friends list, you can do the same via VM, if someone is @ you all the time, report them.

Why write all the code. Just deal with it like adults and none of this shit would be necessary.

Listen, you can turn your PM's off or to only folks on your friends list, you can do the same via VM, if someone is @ you all the time, report them.

exactly..if you have someone on ignore and they keep mentioning you, let staff know you have the member on ignore and we'll send over a pm to let them know. A member who didn't know he or she was on ignore won't be infracted or warned over it. A simple pm will settle it.

Also nothing states members can't bash each other if they are ignore. Its still open season but without the mentions/@

Hello Darling CK. Seems like the only time I get to see you (or suck up to you, according to some) is when I come in your turf (this forum). Smooch. (extra lick for extra suck up reputation). :lol:

Meanwhile... [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]....I have another question if I may?
Calling someone a pedophile is a no no..even in the flame zone, correct?
How is this different...man being pedophile...than a woman accused non stop of being a whore and selling herself for drugs? If one is disallowed..shouldn't the other?

Calling someone a pedophile can actually result in a law enforcement investigation. Is akin to calling someone a communist in the 50s. Calling someone a crack whore or the like is nasty and mean, but ultimately an obvious slur no one thinks twice about.

Calling someone a pedophile can actually result in a law enforcement investigation. Is akin to calling someone a communist in the 50s. Calling someone a crack whore or the like is nasty and mean, but ultimately an obvious slur no one thinks twice about.

Really. And that is supposed to be good enough to let it slide, eh?
Being called a crack whore is just as bad as claiming someone is a pedophile. Both can result in law inforcement investigation..especially when the woman in question has a child.

Dismissed.:eusa_hand:

Next?

Hello Darling CK. Seems like the only time I get to see you (or suck up to you, according to some) is when I come in your turf (this forum). Smooch. (extra lick for extra suck up reputation). :lol:

Meanwhile... @cereal_killer ....I have another question if I may?
How is this different...man being pedophile...than a woman accused non stop of being a whore and selling herself for drugs? If one is disallowed..shouldn't the other?
it is always lovely to be graced with your presence (no pun intended) :)

yes no pedo anywhere and here are my feelings on it. First off it was a rule that was put in place before we acquired the forum.

In my honest opinion I think its ridiculous. I've seem some pretty vile insults and hate being thrown around and calling some one a pedophile is rated PG 13.

Calling someone a no good **** of a fat ass whore is ok but call them a pedophile and the world is coming to an end. Its ridiculous BUTT that is just my opinion.

Meanwhile... @cereal_killer ....I have another question if I may?
it is always lovely to be graced with your presence (no pun intended) :)

yes no pedo anywhere and here are my feelings on it. First off it was a rule that was put in place before we acquired the forum.

In my honest opinion I think its ridiculous. I've seem some pretty vile insults and hate being thrown around and calling some one a pedophile is rated PG 13.

Calling someone a no good **** of a fat ass whore is ok but call them a pedophile and the world is coming to an end. Its ridiculous BUTT that is just my opinion.

You'd think so, 'one insult's the same as another.' But these days 'pedophile' is so charged that people have said it's one of the last groups of people 'socially okay to murder.' Even Muslim/Islamic is getting pc-protection, but not pedophiles.

If freedom of speech isn't absolute as with shouting "fire!" in a theatre, then it follows words which put people's lives at stake are justifiable controllable. Woody Allen's never been convicted nor even charged with sex crimes yet it hangs around his neck like an albatross.

actually it won't. A member would have to allude or make comments that they enjoy the company of kids and then MAYBE it would be looked into. A member calling some a pedophile won't raise any red flags. I mean look at the context and where its being posted :)

Forum List

Back