Juan Williams talks NPR and life in 'big chair' on Fox

Discussion in 'Media' started by Flaylo, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    Z on TV: Juan Williams talks NPR and life in 'big chair' on Fox - TV show critic David Zurawik on the show business, culture and craziness of television - baltimoresun.com

Doing just what Foxnews has trained him to as their token black.

"Just consider the idea that Fox allows me the opportunity to sit in for Bill O’Reilly on their No. 1 show," he said. "That’s the franchise. That’s the moneymaker. If that show falls in the toilet, it’s bad for the whole lineup. And yet Fox allows a black guy with a Hispanic name to sit in the big chair and host the show."

And, he added, "If you ask NPR they’d say, 'Oh that could never happen at Fox.' But it is happening at Fox. And let me me ask you something? Do you see it an CNBC? Do you it at CNN in prime time. Am I lying to you?"

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Whose 'token black' are you?

3. snjmom

snjmom VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    I wonder what's going to happen when he disagrees with the execs or is asked to knowingly lie on camera?

4. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    OMG, Williams is still playing the race card?

He was NPR's "only black on-air presence" even though he was on the r-a-d-i-o, then he was a "black guy with a hispanic name" who just has to gee shucks it over his lametable but virulent and oh so understandable bigotry towards Muslims and then he was "a victim of bigotry" at NPR when they "high tech lynched him" and now he is "aw shucks so grateful" to be allowed in with the white men at Fox?

Williams is rapidly becoming my favorite new chew toy -- is there a stupid racist stereotype about black men he hasn't reached for yet? Mebbe he could date a fat white chick for his next act.

[​IMG]

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    He's a pundit, as such he is employed to speak his own views. I know this is a foreign concept to many on the left, but it's a fact.

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Did you miss his faux outrage over his faux firing at NPR? I believe we know what will happen...he'll lie badly and Fox's sheeple will believe every word.

7. snjmom

snjmom VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105

Williams is a good reporter and, while human, has displayed a pretty good level of journalistic integrity. I don't think he will take kindly to being asked to fudge numbers or alter a story he wants to investigate.

8. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    He is not "allowed to speak his own views" on air when he has contractually obligated himself to restrict his speech to the employer's editorial standards, but when he CHOOSES not to do so, speaks in a manner that violates his contract and gets shitcanned for it, that is his choice......a factoid you Pavlovian Partisans seem unable to grasp or accept.

9. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    I never heard of him before NPR fired him, snjmom, but so far -- completely unimpressed.

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Well, that about sums it up nicely. You don't even know him, but you've made a judgement about him anyway. That makes you a fool, Maddie. Not for the first time. You seem very able to rush to judgement - normally without the facts. Which is why I tend not to take you seriously.

He's actually a very articulate, well informed, honest liberal. I don't usually agree with him, but I respect him.

See how that works, I disagree with Juan's politics but I respect the man. I like you as a person, but I have little respect for you - because you are remarkably ill-informed - and you know it - and yet you allow yourself to form opinions. That's pretty damed silly.