Juan Williams Has His Say

Here's a quick question for all of you, just to bring us to a discussion point:

When NPR fired Williams, did it violate Williams' First Amendment rights IYO or no?

I say "no".

The real loser is this is NPR.

Even a liberal wasn't left enough for them.

They were going into fundraising time.

I think some of their big radical left wing donors complained.

Except for one of them, who bought 1.2 million reasons for them to do what he did in my opinion.

*Confused look*

Say again, asterism?

And that is exactly what I mean. You have no idea what that refers to, or why some of us question the timing of Williams being fired.... you just merrily form opinions without having all the facts. You remind me of Obama with 'beer gate'..... I assume you know what I mean by that.

When NPR fired Williams, did it violate Williams' First Amendment rights IYO or no?

I say "no".

In my opinion yes, but only because of the standards set by the Federal Government. If NPR was not an arm of the Federal Government, then no.

I say "no".

In my opinion yes, but only because of the standards set by the Federal Government. If NPR was not an arm of the Federal Government, then no.

Yes, I think it's entirely appropriate to discuss whether taxpayers should be funding that.

And I want to know who ordered the hag to fire him.

Sounds like he's had a chip on his shoulder for awhile, poor baby.

You attitude about this story. Despite the WIDE spread BIPARTISAN condemnation of His firing, and they way it was done. Gives us a lot of insight into just how far left you really are Ravi my dear.

There has been pretty much Universal support for Juan and against NPR in this case across both the Liberal and Conservative media and yet still all you can do is make snarky comments and Continue to dump on Juan.

Nice.
He's acting like a baby. He blew it...he is responsible, end of story.

You attitude about this story. Despite the WIDE spread BIPARTISAN condemnation of His firing, and they way it was done. Gives us a lot of insight into just how far left you really are Ravi my dear.

There has been pretty much Universal support for Juan and against NPR in this case across both the Liberal and Conservative media and yet still all you can do is make snarky comments and Continue to dump on Juan.

Nice.

Not quite cupcake, not quite. I know you would like it to be but it innit!

I say "no".

Yes, I think it's entirely appropriate to discuss whether taxpayers should be funding that.

And I want to know who ordered the hag to fire him.

True, NPR can fire him if they want to but We The People should not be forced to fund the liberals agenda.

By this reasoning, it would make sense next time for terrorists to wear clown suits.

Um no, You are not using reason at all now. lol

And you were?

Yep I was. It is perfectly logical to assume your enemy will change their MO with each major attack. In this case considering how PC we have become. It is not unreasonable to think they might stay in Muslim garb to attack us this time.

Making the jump to dressing up as clowns is not following any line of Logic I can see. It is just being silly.

Nice.

More power you ya honey.

Um no, You are not using reason at all now. lol

And you were?

Yep I was. It is perfectly logical to assume your enemy will change their MO with each major attack. In this case considering how PC we have become. It is not unreasonable to think they might stay in Muslim garb to attack us this time.

Making the jump to dressing up as clowns is not following any line of Logic I can see. It is just being silly.

Not to be obnoxiously bossy, Charles Main, but IYO were Williams' First Amendment rights violated when NPR fired him?

Nice.

More power you ya honey.

I am read the leftist blogosphere instead of the right, Charles Main, and I see just the opposite: apart from the Glenn Beck freaks, everyone supports NPR.

We all see what we expect, to a degree. This ain't the sort of issue that gets settled by mob rule.

I say "no".

That would depend on whether or not you think the fact that NPR gets some of its funding from the Government but not all, makes this the government firing Juan instead of a private company.

I am not sure I would say there were or were not violated. I would really like to see Juan sue and see what comes out of that case. :)

I say "no".

No.

Nor will NPR's first amendment right's be violated when they cease to get money from the taxpayer's to spew their radical left wing agenda.

seeking to shutter a media outlet in a fit of misplaced pique.

Who is trying to shutter a media outlet in your opinion?

Sarah Palin joins calls for defunding NPR - On Media - POLITICO.com

That's not trying to shutter them, that's saying we shouldn't use taxpayers money to support a partisan outlet. Fox don't get taxpayers money, nor do CNN, MSNBC or anyone else. Why should the taxpayers fund NPR? Their CEO said they don't need taxpayers money. Great. Pull it and let them fight for sponsorship like every other organization.

More power you ya honey.

I am read the leftist blogosphere instead of the right, Charles Main, and I see just the opposite: apart from the Glenn Beck freaks, everyone supports NPR.

We all see what we expect, to a degree. This ain't the sort of issue that gets settled by mob rule.

Stop reading the blogosphere. I am talking about the media Reaction. Not just on Fox. most of the networks and papers, and even the chicks on the view. They are all saying It was silly at best to fire him, and defending Juan saying what he said was not bigoted.

Last edited:
More power you ya honey.

Stop reading the blogosphere. I am talking about the media Reaction. Not just on Fox. most of the networks and papers, and even the chicks on the view. They are all saying It was silly at best to fire him, and defending Juan saying what he said was not bigoted.

I think she gets all her news from Islamophobiaonline.com.

Forum List

Back