Juan Williams Has His Say

He's acting like a baby. He blew it...he is responsible, end of story.

More power you ya honey.

I am read the leftist blogosphere instead of the right, Charles Main, and I see just the opposite: apart from the Glenn Beck freaks, everyone supports NPR.

We all see what we expect, to a degree. This ain't the sort of issue that gets settled by mob rule.

Just for yucks, who are you reading?

Mob rule is trying to shut people up by calling them Islamophobes.

My bet: The most that will happen to NPR is that Schiller gets in trouble for her psychiatrist comment.

Juan Williams will slide deeper and deeper to his true nature...right wing loon. FAUX will continue to enjoy a huge audience of idiots with chips on their shoulder bent on listening to shreakers tell them that nothing is THEIR fault, it is all the fault of the liberal media (which is run by the Jooos!).

That's not trying to shutter them, that's saying we shouldn't use taxpayers money to support a partisan outlet. Fox don't get taxpayers money, nor do CNN, MSNBC or anyone else. Why should the taxpayers fund NPR? Their CEO said they don't need taxpayers money. Great. Pull it and let them fight for sponsorship like every other organization.

Yup.

Of course the problem here is that NPR and CPB get way more in federal funding than anyone inside those organizations publicly admit, which is why advocates talk about how insignificant the reliance on the government theirs is until someone suggests they compete in the marketplace like Fox.

Last edited:
the really bothersome thing about this seems to be that some private party was able to pay off a government entity to get someone he did not like canned.

There were thousands who wanted Dan Rather canned for his views. Anyone who went to CBS with an offer of $X and told them Dan goes and you get this cash would have been told to pound sand.

Soros bought off a US government agency with chicken feed.

My bet: The most that will happen to NPR is that Schiller gets in trouble for her psychiatrist comment.

Juan Williams will slide deeper and deeper to his true nature...right wing loon. FAUX will continue to enjoy a huge audience of idiots with chips on their shoulder bent on listening to shreakers tell them that nothing is THEIR fault, it is all the fault of the liberal media (which is run by the Jooos!).

"Gets in trouble" meaning what? Williams cannot sue for slander or libel; she was clearly being sarcastic and he'd never make the actual malice showing. Isn't it a tad hypocritical to declare Williams has a First Amendment right to his speech but Schiller has none to hers? She wasn't even on the air when she said it.

It was crude, but so what? We do not allow people to sue for "hurt feelings".

the really bothersome thing about this seems to be that some private party was able to pay off a government entity to get someone he did not like canned.

There were thousands who wanted Dan Rather canned for his views. Anyone who went to CBS with an offer of $X and told them Dan goes and you get this cash would have been told to pound sand.

Soros bought off a US government agency with chicken feed.

Conspiracy theorize much? IMO, Rupert Murdoch stage managed another talking head into publicity -- why not condemn at least the devil we know to have been involved?

That's not trying to shutter them, that's saying we shouldn't use taxpayers money to support a partisan outlet. Fox don't get taxpayers money, nor do CNN, MSNBC or anyone else. Why should the taxpayers fund NPR? Their CEO said they don't need taxpayers money. Great. Pull it and let them fight for sponsorship like every other organization.

Yup.

Of course the problem here is that NPR and CPB get way more in federal funding than anyone inside those organizations publicly admit, which is why advocates talk about how insignificant the reliance on the government theirs is until someone suggests they compete in the marketplace like Fox.

This is a philosophical argument about the proper role of government in our society. Should we spend any public money on art? On music? On culture of any kind? Both NPR and CPB use most of their air time for quality programming, first for kids, then for adults, with zero current events coverage.

I say we continue to fund them.

"Gets in trouble" meaning what? Williams cannot sue for slander or libel; she was clearly being sarcastic and he'd never make the actual malice showing. Isn't it a tad hypocritical to declare Williams has a First Amendment right to his speech but Schiller has none to hers? She wasn't even on the air when she said it.

Well, it's nice to see that you champion thuggery. No doubts there. Good for yer honesty.

Well, it's nice to see that you champion thuggery. No doubts there. Good for yer honesty.

"Thuggery"? "Tell it to your psychiatrist" is "thuggery" now? Jesus H. Christ, you conservatives are a bunch of pussies on this issue.

"Thuggery"? "Tell it to your psychiatrist" is "thuggery" now? Jesus H. Christ, you conservatives are a bunch of pussies on this issue.

Yes, fucking thuggery, have your henchman fire the man over the phone, do not give him a chance to defend himself, make smarmy little remarks about him seeing a psychiatrist in front of an audience and then crawl under your desk and hide. yep fucking thuggery and I'm glad you are honest enough to stand up tall and defend such tactics. I knew ya had it in ya. all along. Asswipe.

Anyone notice how Madelying said "you conservatives" she let that slip didn't she?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Juan Williams will slide deeper and deeper to his true nature...right wing loon.

OMG now I try and refrain from name calling when I can. But you are a fucking idiot honey. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Apparently you think anyone just to the right of the Extreme far left is a right wing loon. Get a grip. Juan is a moderate liberal Democrat through and through.

Last edited:
Juan Williams will slide deeper and deeper to his true nature...right wing loon.

OMG now I try and refrain from name calling when I can. But you are a fucking idiot honey. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Apparently you think anyone just to the right of the Extreme far left is a right wing loon. Get a grip. Juan is a moderate liberal Democrat through and through.

Apparently for $2 Million he's anyone's whore.

The same can be said for NPR, but they sold out for $1.8m.

Goes to show ya liberals are expert at whoring!

In my opinion, the voices of liberals have long been drowned out by the left. Those people are NOT liberals.

And you have surveyed NPR's programming such that you feel comfy making this declaration?

I suspect you are talking out of your ass here.

WTF is "leftist" about "The Prairie Home Companion", etc.?

In my opinion, the voices of liberals have long been drowned out by the left. Those people are NOT liberals.

And you have surveyed NPR's programming such that you feel comfy making this declaration?

I suspect you are talking out of your ass here.

WTF is "leftist" about "The Prairie Home Companion", etc.?

I don't waste my time picking apart the schedule of some sad assed radio organization. I don't listen to it, I don't watch Beck, I don't listen to Beck, I don't pay jack shit's worth of attention to pundits on any side.

NPR took $1.8m from Soros a week before they fired Williams. Williams said nothing offensive, inflammatory or bigoted. And, you know what..... when I travel in London during rush hour, I take cabs.

Forum List

Back