John Bolton: ‘Obama Is Too Smart'

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Bolton is waving the old con flag, "Ignorance is good".
He knows his base.

John Bolton | Obama Too Nuanced | Libya Failed Policy | Mediaite

Former Ambassador to the UN John Bolton appeared with Sean Hannity last night and may have a strange problem on his hands in case he decides to run for the Republican nomination for President. Unlike most politicians who backpedal from statements that can be overly inflammatory, Bolton might regret saying something many would interpret to be a compliment to President Obama.

After watching the entire interview, it is abundantly clear that Bolton thinks the effort in Libya now represents “the failure of the Obama administration to understand what its goals are or how to get there” and even suggests “the Constitution doesn’t bar incompetence, which is what we have here.” And in case anyone doubts Bolton’s true feelings, he slams Obama for his “haphazard” decision-making, his failure to outline a clear objective, and his inability to get agreement between our allies regarding what we are supposed to achieve. Then Bolton really lays into Obama saying “the President is too smart, too sophisticated, and too nuanced to believe in victory. He believes in something else.”
<more>

And Bolton is Too Sarcastic for you to grok his meaning.

Bolton isn't fool enough to run for President. The pay cut alone would be massive.

And as we all have come to learn, all the GOP cares about is money in one's pockets. Just ask Caribou Barbie!
Some are politicos though, and value power above almost all else. That's true of people on all sides.

Bolton's not a candidate, and has no desire at all to be. I've no idea where the source in the OP is getting such nonsense.

And as we all have come to learn, all the GOP cares about is money in one's pockets. Just ask Caribou Barbie!

Although her political career is mostly done, I wouldn't count her out just yet.

She really wants to run..govern? Not so much.

Please let her garner the GOP nomination. PLEASE?:eusa_pray:

I don't think the GOPs taking this election cycle to seriously. They got what they wanted last election..and it seems it was to much even for them. They're probably going to try to calm things down a bit..

Although her political career is mostly done, I wouldn't count her out just yet.

She really wants to run..govern? Not so much.

I don't think the GOPs taking this election cycle to seriously. They got what they wanted last election..and it seems it was to much even for them. They're probably going to try to calm things down a bit..

And allow Obama to go unchallenged in '12? Since they have NO ideas and NO candidates, perhaps that is the "safe" play?

He knows his base.

Former Ambassador to the UN John Bolton appeared with Sean Hannity last night and may have a strange problem on his hands in case he decides to run for the Republican nomination for President. Unlike most politicians who backpedal from statements that can be overly inflammatory, Bolton might regret saying something many would interpret to be a compliment to President Obama.

After watching the entire interview, it is abundantly clear that Bolton thinks the effort in Libya now represents “the failure of the Obama administration to understand what its goals are or how to get there” and even suggests “the Constitution doesn’t bar incompetence, which is what we have here.” And in case anyone doubts Bolton’s true feelings, he slams Obama for his “haphazard” decision-making, his failure to outline a clear objective, and his inability to get agreement between our allies regarding what we are supposed to achieve. Then Bolton really lays into Obama saying “the President is too smart, too sophisticated, and too nuanced to believe in victory. He believes in something else.”
<more>

Whaaaa?

And allow Obama to go unchallenged in '12? Since they have NO ideas and NO candidates, perhaps that is the "safe" play?

Well it would be kind of silly to put any real quality (center right) candidates up right now. They probably want this whole "Tea Party" thing over as badly as the Democrats. For example, the HMOs actually LIKE the mandate...they just don't like what comes with it.

They are probably secretly hoping for a "Clinton" like second term where the economic messes get cleared up, Afghanistan and Iraq settle down, people are fat dumb and happy, and they can claim they were mostly responsible for everything good.

He knows his base.

<more>

Whaaaa?

I thought it was just me that noticed. ~BH

Well it would be kind of silly to put any real quality (center right) candidates up right now. They probably want this whole "Tea Party" thing over as badly as the Democrats. For example, the HMOs actually LIKE the mandate...they just don't like what comes with it.

They are probably secretly hoping for a "Clinton" like second term where the economic messes get cleared up, Afghanistan and Iraq settle down, people are fat dumb and happy, and they can claim they were mostly responsible for everything good.

I dunno about all that bro, but if they actually nominate and run Palin / Bachmann, you guys can easily pull off a miracle. ~BH

Well, as they bend over for the Teabaggers, the Teabaggers are just going to get more demanding. And are going to alienate an increasing per centage of the electorate. A great many conservative voters, as opposed to Conservative voters, are looking at Walker, LePage, and some of the other radical Teabaggers, and saying "Where the hell did this stuff come from. I didn't vote for this!".

Already we see elements in the Tea Party calling for the replacement of Boehner, even as he tries to give them as much of what they want as possible. Soon, he, and people at his place on the political spectrum will be wearing the brand of 'RINO'. And a wide swath of voters on either side of the center will be saying "Where the hell are these folks coming from. This radical crap is way too far out". And the GOP will ride the Teabaggers coattails down to a defeat that will make 2008 look minor.

I dunno about all that bro, but if they actually nominate and run Palin / Bachmann, you guys can easily pull off a miracle. ~BH

Well look at the field.

Romney? Had a chance a while back..but alot of the stuff he's been saying lately makes him seem ultra right wing. Which is a shame..because that wasn't how he governed as Governor. He "had" a real shot in the general election.
Huckabee? To much of a religious nut. And he basically alienated a whole religion with his Jesus and Devil are brothers..nonsense.
Newt? Comes with a whole lot of baggage. Smart man..but went way to far right.
Pawlenty? Well, sort of an unknown. But he's been cottoning up to the Tea Party. Bodes bad for the General.

And then there's Trump, Palin and Bachmann. Does anyone really take any of these guys seriously?

The "A" listers are sitting this one out for a reason.

Wow.

Now intelligence is a negative in the minds of conservatives.

I've heard this line before.

That was when John Kerry was supposed to be great. Then when his crack team of economic intellectuals signed onto Obama's team to really get the economy going.

How'd that one work out?

Forum List

Back