John Bolton: ‘Obama Is Too Smart'

“the President is too smart, too sophisticated, and too nuanced to believe in victory. He believes in something else.”
The President himself said that very thing:
Obama Muffs History Also Says We Don
"I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur,"
What a short memory some of you have.

I don't think the GOPs taking this election cycle to seriously. They got what they wanted last election..and it seems it was to much even for them. They're probably going to try to calm things down a bit..

And allow Obama to go unchallenged in '12? Since they have NO ideas and NO candidates, perhaps that is the "safe" play?

Well it would be kind of silly to put any real quality (center right) candidates up right now. They probably want this whole "Tea Party" thing over as badly as the Democrats. For example, the HMOs actually LIKE the mandate...they just don't like what comes with it.

They are probably secretly hoping for a "Clinton" like second term where the economic messes get cleared up, Afghanistan and Iraq settle down, people are fat dumb and happy, and they can claim they were mostly responsible for everything good.

Yeah because that's why they are taking on the public sector unions, just to kick the can down the road.

You really have no clue do you?

Wow.

Now intelligence is a negative in the minds of conservatives.

I've heard this line before.

That was when John Kerry was supposed to be great. Then when his crack team of economic intellectuals signed onto Obama's team to really get the economy going.

How'd that one work out?

Market on 03/24/2011; INDP:12170.56. Unemployment (a lagging indicator) is creeping down and looks like the housing market is creeping back up.

It's a slog to be sure..but it seems to be going in the right direction.

So Bolton thinks Obama is too smart to believe in what is right? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
Well, as they bend over for the Teabaggers, the Teabaggers are just going to get more demanding. And are going to alienate an increasing per centage of the electorate. A great many conservative voters, as opposed to Conservative voters, are looking at Walker, LePage, and some of the other radical Teabaggers, and saying "Where the hell did this stuff come from. I didn't vote for this!".

Already we see elements in the Tea Party calling for the replacement of Boehner, even as he tries to give them as much of what they want as possible. Soon, he, and people at his place on the political spectrum will be wearing the brand of 'RINO'. And a wide swath of voters on either side of the center will be saying "Where the hell are these folks coming from. This radical crap is way too far out". And the GOP will ride the Teabaggers coattails down to a defeat that will make 2008 look minor.

The people who put Boehner in power gave him a short leash. Of course they are looking for a replacement, they knew he wouldn't be up to the job. He's a placeholder and that's it. You progressives are about to find out how much you need Boehner and how the game has seriously changed.

Wow.

Now intelligence is a negative in the minds of conservatives.

That was when John Kerry was supposed to be great. Then when his crack team of economic intellectuals signed onto Obama's team to really get the economy going.

How'd that one work out?

Market on 03/24/2011; INDP:12170.56. Unemployment (a lagging indicator) is creeping down and looks like the housing market is creeping back up.

Smaller government, but one that is more effective. It seems you are riding the wrong train.

How'd that one work out?

Smaller government, but one that is more effective. It seems you are riding the wrong train.
This is apparently a new found concept for cons.

Well it would be kind of silly to put any real quality (center right) candidates up right now. They probably want this whole "Tea Party" thing over as badly as the Democrats. For example, the HMOs actually LIKE the mandate...they just don't like what comes with it.

They are probably secretly hoping for a "Clinton" like second term where the economic messes get cleared up, Afghanistan and Iraq settle down, people are fat dumb and happy, and they can claim they were mostly responsible for everything good.

I dunno about all that bro, but if they actually nominate and run Palin / Bachmann, you guys can easily pull off a miracle. ~BH

Well look at the field.

Romney? Had a chance a while back..but alot of the stuff he's been saying lately makes him seem ultra right wing. Which is a shame..because that wasn't how he governed as Governor. He "had" a real shot in the general election.
Huckabee? To much of a religious nut. And he basically alienated a whole religion with his Jesus and Devil are brothers..nonsense.
Newt? Comes with a whole lot of baggage. Smart man..but went way to far right.
Pawlenty? Well, sort of an unknown. But he's been cottoning up to the Tea Party. Bodes bad for the General.

And then there's Trump, Palin and Bachmann. Does anyone really take any of these guys seriously?

The "A" listers are sitting this one out for a reason.

I think if Trump ran and was nominated, he would easily win. Maybe you guys know that as well. As far as the rest of them, it's a gamble. Ron Paul in a true world should win the nomination, but you and I already know that the GOP masters will never allow a True Constitutional Conservative. But hey, Just like you guys will never nominate a true Constitutional Liberal like Kucinich eh? ~BH

And allow Obama to go unchallenged in '12? Since they have NO ideas and NO candidates, perhaps that is the "safe" play?

Yeah because that's why they are taking on the public sector unions, just to kick the can down the road.

Yeah..it's called "over-reach".

Union membership is very low..and the public unions were probably the last vestige of that.

But thanks to this rabid move to extinguish the last bastion of Unions, in general, the Tea Party has gone a long way in invigorating the Labor movement again.

I dunno about all that bro, but if they actually nominate and run Palin / Bachmann, you guys can easily pull off a miracle. ~BH

Well look at the field.

Romney? Had a chance a while back..but alot of the stuff he's been saying lately makes him seem ultra right wing. Which is a shame..because that wasn't how he governed as Governor. He "had" a real shot in the general election.
Huckabee? To much of a religious nut. And he basically alienated a whole religion with his Jesus and Devil are brothers..nonsense.
Pawlenty? Well, sort of an unknown. But he's been cottoning up to the Tea Party. Bodes bad for the General.

And then there's Trump, Palin and Bachmann. Does anyone really take any of these guys seriously?

I think if Trump ran and was nominated, he would easily win. Maybe you guys know that as well. As far as the rest of them, it's a gamble. Ron Paul in a true world should win the nomination, but you and I already know that the GOP masters will never allow a True Constitutional Conservative. But hey, Just like you guys will never nominate a true Constitutional Liberal like Kucinich eh? ~BH

You can't be serious.

Trump doesn't have a prayer. Neither would Paul or Kucinich.

Well look at the field.

You can't be serious.

I disagree about Trump, and I would not underestimate him. As far as Paul and Kucinich, is that not what I just said? Am I missing something here? ~BH

Union membership is very low..and the public unions were probably the last vestige of that.

But thanks to this rabid move to extinguish the last bastion of Unions, in general, the Tea Party has gone a long way in invigorating the Labor movement again.

We saw how things worked out the last time the labor movement was "invigorated." GM was bailed out to prevent bankruptcy and then it went bankrupt anyway. And then there's that infamous chart:

kthrp.jpg

All those "shovel ready" jobs that the stimulus was supposed to create which were then said to never have existed in the first place.

Last edited:
Well, as they bend over for the Teabaggers, the Teabaggers are just going to get more demanding. And are going to alienate an increasing per centage of the electorate. A great many conservative voters, as opposed to Conservative voters, are looking at Walker, LePage, and some of the other radical Teabaggers, and saying "Where the hell did this stuff come from. I didn't vote for this!".

Already we see elements in the Tea Party calling for the replacement of Boehner, even as he tries to give them as much of what they want as possible. Soon, he, and people at his place on the political spectrum will be wearing the brand of 'RINO'. And a wide swath of voters on either side of the center will be saying "Where the hell are these folks coming from. This radical crap is way too far out". And the GOP will ride the Teabaggers coattails down to a defeat that will make 2008 look minor.

Boy... you have REALLY got the ole ball sack dropped in your mouth on the brain don't ya... sheeezuz, you filthy fucking PERVERT.

I don't think the GOPs taking this election cycle to seriously. They got what they wanted last election..and it seems it was to much even for them. They're probably going to try to calm things down a bit..

Based on the destruction he has done in just 2 years, a second term for Obama would cripple the economy of this country and take decades to recover. They are spending more each month than was spent in entire years. EDITORIAL: Obama spending hits new records - Washington Times

With no signs of even knowing how to slow it down. This is what he wants as he was quoted to "fundamentally change America". Clinton was a politician and knew how the system worked as he moved back toward the middle and made compromises.
Unfortunately the GOP will prob not put up a real contender and with that , I feel the country is sunk.
The politicians can't even come up with what represents a 1% cut in the spending. They are OK with pushing it down the road because they want to maintain their power.

You can't be serious.

I disagree about Trump, and I would not underestimate him. As far as Paul and Kucinich, is that not what I just said? Am I missing something here? ~BH

Trump comes with an enormous amount of baggage. When I was a mover/trucker, we relocated many of the tenants of buildings he bought and turned into Coops. And he was pretty nasty about getting them out. He didn't do anything illegal, but he constantly harrassed them with legalities. That and he's been married many times. Combine that all with the pandering he's now engaged in (And believe me..it's pandering..he's no birther) and he really doesn't have a shot in the general.

We saw how things worked out the last time the labor movement was "invigorated." GM was bailed out to prevent bankruptcy and then it went bankrupt anyway. And then there's that infamous chart:

kthrp.jpg

All those "shovel ready" jobs that the stimulus was supposed to create which were then said to never have existed in the first place.

The stimulus was half of what it should have been and larded with tax cuts. Of course it's taking twice as long to work.

And that graph doesn't express reality in the slightest. What happened to Lehman was a better indication of what would have happened had GM went under. If you like that outcomes..well..

Cheers mate. Cheerio!

Forum List

Back