Joe the Plummer

Um, that is dishonest. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it certainly is scamming the system.

Its not dishonest, your accountant will have you write off as much as possible within the law, thats not dishonest. It keeps small businesses from paying a boat load of taxes at the end of the year, if you lie and get caught then your up shits creek but thats another topic.

He will. A business that makes $2 mill that has to pay $700,000+ in taxes is a death knell for small business, and for the middle class and lower class people they hire.

A business that has a net of 2mil is not a small business, what the hell is wrong with you. Do you mean 2 mill gross or net?, if they netted 2mill they probably made almost 2 times that in gross.

Last edited:
It's official. Allie is a troll. Or a retard.

:eusa_eh:

Why not both?

Least McCain will help her get some services then since he wants to help the special needs children.

Oh wait, he can't if he freezes spending across the board. :eusa_whistle:

I feel so sorry for peopel who feel compelled out of habit (or what ever it is) to defend this current republican party.

It has nothing but contempt for the average voter and works in the favor or the 1% wealthiest people in this country.

You just know they get together adn just laugh at people like Allie who defend and vote for their own ownership.

Why not both?

Least McCain will help her get some services then since he wants to help the special needs children.

Oh wait, he can't if he freezes spending across the board. :eusa_whistle:

How the hell is her rep 61, who the fuck is repping Allie babble. Show yourself now.

Um, that is dishonest. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it certainly is scamming the system.

That's why it's a joke that the GOP keep saying we need to further cut taxes on corporations so they can be competitive. They keep putting more and more of the tax burden on us, the middle class, or they just keep racking up the debt, which is ours to pay off. Or our grandkids, or their grandkids.

Wall Street's biggest banks cooked up elaborate "derivatives gimmicks" over the past decade to help their best foreign clients dodge the tax man, U.S. Senate investigators allege, the Wall Street Journal reports this morning. The racket cost the country $100 billion a year in unpaid taxes, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations charges. The yearlong investigation, the newspaper says, "concludes that Wall Street firms actively competed with one another in dreaming up complex transactions that allowed hedge funds to avoid withholding taxes imposed on dividends paid by U.S. companies." The Financial Times says the biggest banks on the Street have been named in the tax-dodge probe, including Lehman Brothers, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, UBS, and Merrill Lynch. They will testify today, along with a variety of hedge funds, the newspaper adds.

Wall Street's $100 billion tax dodge. - By Bernhard Warner - Slate Magazine

Most Companies Pay No Federal Income Tax
Most Companies Pay No Federal Income Tax, GAO Study Also Finds 68% Of Foreign Companies In U.S. Avoid Corporate Taxes - CBS News

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes
Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | U.S. | Reuters

ABC News: Most Companies in US Avoid Federal Income Taxes

Between fiscal years 1998 and 2005, two out of every three U.S. corporations paid no federal income taxes.

According to the General Accounting Office and Chris Edwards of the libertarian Cato Institute more than 38,000 foreign companies and 1,200,000 U.S. companies paid no income taxes yet combined had $2,500,000,000,000 in sales.

About 25% of the U.S. companies were considered "large corporations" having at least $50,000,000 in receipts or $250,000,000 in corporate assets.

Its not dishonest, your accountant will have you write off as much as possible within the law, thats not dishonest. It keeps small businesses from paying a boat load of taxes at the end of the year, if you lie and get caught then your up shits creek but thats another topic.
I was assuming they were doing it illegally.

And if those small business owners get audited by the IRS, they're screwed. Dumb to do stuff like that.

Somehow I think it is all legit. From my previous post, you'll see a lot of shady tax laws were passed in the last 8 years to help business owners.

But I doubt Bush passed something to help my buddy, because he's just a small business owner. And even they aren't voting for McCain. That's how you know the GOP is cooked. If small business' aren't even voting for them?

And my brother makes $400k a year and he isn't voting for McCain either! He was always a Democrat but since he's made his way up to VP at his corporation, I've seen republican tendencies for the last couple years. We even got into a couple of arguments. But now he's voting Obama. He said, "If the GOP stay in charge, my company will move overseas and I won't have a job".

A business that has a net of 2mil is not a small business, what the hell is wrong with you. Do you mean 2 mill gross or net?, if they netted 2mill they probably made almost 2 times that in gross.

Isn't the definition based on how many employees they have and not how much they make?

Somehow I think it is all legit. From my previous post, you'll see a lot of shady tax laws were passed in the last 8 years to help business owners.

But I doubt Bush passed something to help my buddy, because he's just a small business owner. And even they aren't voting for McCain. That's how you know the GOP is cooked. If small business' aren't even voting for them?

And my brother makes $400k a year and he isn't voting for McCain either! He was always a Democrat but since he's made his way up to VP at his corporation, I've seen republican tendencies for the last couple years. We even got into a couple of arguments. But now he's voting Obama. He said, "If the GOP stay in charge, my company will move overseas and I won't have a job".

one of the surest ways to get audited is to take any part of your home expenses as a deduction.

I was assuming they were doing it illegally.

Well, You would be nuts to do that and you would have to do it yourself because I doubt you would find an accountant to flat out lie about your returns. There are certain thresholds that you can take deductions to before it flags at the IRS. My accountant is in New Jersey and he was an auditor for the IRS for 25 years. He's been awesome. I think there are 2 sides to this. The small guy and the large corp and they are getting bundled into one during this tax debate. The small guy is usually paying some taxes unless his business is in distress but like Sealy said, you have major corps not paying a dime so the loopholes are the issue and thats something Obama talks about and Mccain doesnt

Republicans who agree with her but never say it out loud because they realize how crazy it sounds. :lol:

Sort of like people don't agree with me because I'm seen as too extreme? :(

I don't want to be the liberal version of Allie :eusa_shifty:

But I know sometimes I am. :(

So I'll try to :eusa_silenced: my mouth when you guys tell me I'm getting bad. I'm like the Biden of these boards. LOL.

one of the surest ways to get audited is to take any part of your home expenses as a deduction.

I have for years Jillian. Never been audited but if I do my Accountant will represent me for free and he has never lost a case. He was an auditor for 25 years, you just need a good accountant and who better than someone who knows all the tricks of the trade. I can give you his info if you want.

http://carptaxservices.com/info/about.htm

Last edited:

Ok so maybe he treats it as a rental. He has more than one home.

I don't know all that he does. I just know he's got a great big home for the company he owns.

It's a UPS Store. Sometimes I think he may be doing some shady shit like mailing drugs or god knows what.

But he's smart enough that if he is doing something shady, not even I know about it.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Joe. I doubt he asked for all this world of shit. It's too damn bad McCain made such a big lie out of a simple question.

Does it matter? The fact is, Obama wants to spread the wealth of small business owners, who are anything but rich. He wants to zap them with higher taxes.

Sorry Allie ... but it does matter. If he was a plant ... it matters. He is a disgrace to every plummer in the country! :doubt:

Kudo's to Truthmatters for pointing these facts out! :clap2:

I am sick of the mudslinging and McCain/Palin seem to have made the act of slinging "shit" their platform - "if you have nothing to contribute to the country .... just throw out more mud/and or shit!" Shame on them! :eusa_eh:

I'm starting to feel sorry for Joe. I doubt he asked for all this world of shit. It's too damn bad McCain made such a big lie out of a simple question.

Joe will be OK. All you have to do is vote for him and send you large checks to Dillo, campaign manager.

Sort of like people don't agree with me because I'm seen as too extreme? :(

I don't want to be the liberal version of Allie :eusa_shifty:

But I know sometimes I am. :(

So I'll try to :eusa_silenced: my mouth when you guys tell me I'm getting bad. I'm like the Biden of these boards. LOL.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I repped Allie once, I think, to thank her for her passion on something.... Mighta just been a pm, but I think it was a pos rep.

I try to pos rep lots of people, if I haven't floated one by you (all 6 measly points I have) lmk and I will.

Forum List

Back