What do you wish they'd say?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Silence, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    As I sat there watching the debate last night it struck me that there are things I wish Obama would say that he never says.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what we, if given the opportunity, would advise our chosen candidate to say.

For me, here is what I wish Obama would've said:

Re Palin's qualification to be President:

"well, as much as I think McCain is like Bush, Palin is even more like Cheney. She was just found to have abused her power as gov of Alaska and she refused to cooperate with the investigation too, she asked for and received per capita more earmarks for Alaska than any other state, she hired a lobbying firm for the first time as mayor of Wasila and she left that town in debt"

Re meeting in Bill Ayers home:

"well let's be clear here, I was at that meeting at the invitation of Alice Palmer, a sitting IL State legislature to announce her intention to run for the US Senate. I did not set up the meeting and I did not chose the location"

on McCain's repudiation of statements:

"well John, you claim that you've repudiated every negative comment made by a Republican against me, yet your own running mate continues to incite the crowds with negative rhetoric and mistatements which only serve to inflame the discourse in this election, so why haven't you repudiated your own running mate?"

those are just a few things I wish Obama would say.

2. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    "well john, youve been in the senate a long time, and you keep claiming that you know how to solve all our problems. you know how to get osama, how to win in iraq and afganistan, you know how to balance the budget, how to keep people from losing their homes, how to get the economy on track, how to eliminate the debt. why havent you done any of this? youve had plenty of time to do so, and your party even had control of the white house and congress, but we still have these problems. why havent you been fixing them john?"

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    I would like to hear Palin address her pastor's calims that I am going to hell for voting against Bush.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I wish McCain would have apologized for endorsing the ad in which he suggested that Obama called Palin a pig. Didn’t McCain say that he was going to take the high road?

5. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    :clap2: yeah I'd like to hear him say that too

6. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    There are a lot of things I wish they would not say. I wish they would stop stretching the truth with each other's voting records and know whether what they are saying is accurate or not. They have to know in this day and age of internet and articles like this....

Warped facts in last presidential debate - Yahoo! News

that it is pretty easy to find out what's BS and what isn't. And as you can see neither side is exempt.

I wish McCain would have got a little more into Obama's raising taxes. Obama is been quite clear as to what hsi plan would entail and who taxes would be raised on. But it begs the question, which McCain only hinted at once, why does Obama feel it neccessary to raise taxes on the 250k and up crowd? Why does he feel a group of people that shoulder the brunt of the tax burden should take on even more of it? That ties into I wish McCain would have said more about limited government and how Obama would most likely grow it which is why he feels it neccessary to raise taxes on the rich to compensate for his tax cuts on everyone else.

7. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    uh, because congress is made up of more than one person, would be the most obvious answer.

8. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    Senator Obama, you keep making the same claim that we only have 3% of the world's oil, when you well darn well know we have the largest reserves in the world. it is estimated that the entire middle east has approximately 380 billion barrels of oil left, in the states of Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming we have an estimated 900 billion - 1.3 trillion barrels of oil just in Oil Shale. We have the technology to process it, however the shale is on Federal lands which the government refuses to give out to oil companies who have already spent billions in research. Then we still have ANWR and the OCS.

What I wish Palin said was when Biden said the following:

Make no mistake, if there is a chance to eliminate terrorist threats and the government of that nation is unwilling or unable to act, Obama as President will.

Palin should have said:

You know, I got a lot of flack about the Bush Doctrine the past week or so, I think Joe just explained it to me.

9. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    oh.. you mean like the congress that was made up of a majority republicans since the early 90s up until two years ago? THAT congress that is made up of more than one person? The point still stands. If Mccain was such a wonderjoint then we'd have smoked him long ago.

10. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    yeah, and mccain isnt allowed to get anybody to support any proposal he might make