Joe the Plummer

its the crack I think.

Im not sure if its the crack they take or the crack of the plummers though.

umm, not really following this, just readin whats posted, but regardless of who he is, who asked the quesion isn't important...Obama's answer is the issue

and Obama answered the question. he said the guy wouldn't get taxed more if he made less than 250K a year (which the guy doesn't by his own admission) and whatever he made over the 250 up to 300K would be taxed at 39% just like it was under Clinton.

I guess I'm confused as to what way the Cons are looking at this that makes it a bad outcome for Obama or any small businesses? My sister owns a small business and trust me, she makes nowhere near 250K a year.

"Spread the wealth around!" Barack Obama 2008

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." Karl Marx 1875

26331160_400x400.gif

and Obama answered the question. he said the guy wouldn't get taxed more if he made less than 250K a year (which the guy doesn't by his own admission) and whatever he made over the 250 up to 300K would be taxed at 39% just like it was under Clinton.

I guess I'm confused as to what way the Cons are looking at this that makes it a bad outcome for Obama or any small businesses? My sister owns a small business and trust me, she makes nowhere near 250K a year.

he wasnt' quite clear about what spreading the money around meant but I think it speaks for itself really.
Vote For Joe !

Quite honestly, I don't think they understand it. Maybe there aren't many Con small business owners. It is surprising that McCain doesn't understand it, though. I understand he's not really sharp on economic issues, but you'd think his advisers would have explained it to him the first time he brought it up, which was weeks ago.

joe's going down the shitter one way or the other

Bob dresses better, always smiles and doesn't hardly blink at all

VOTE BOB

I knew the negative campaigning would start, I just didn't know it would start so soon.

Bob's a prick.

Quite honestly, I don't think they understand it. Maybe there aren't many Con small business owners. It is surprising that McCain doesn't understand it, though. I understand he's not really sharp on economic issues, but you'd think his advisers would have explained it to him the first time he brought it up, which was weeks ago.

No, YOU don't get it. Someone who makes 2 million dollars and hires maybe a dozen workers gets an increase of $700,000 in taxes.

Whatdya think he's going to do? He's FIRING HIS WORKERS.

So why don't you understand that?

No, YOU don't get it. Someone who makes 2 million dollars and hires maybe a dozen workers gets an increase of $700,000 in taxes.

Small business owners only pay taxes on their own personal income, Allie. I could make 2 million dollars through my business, but if I only take out $100,000 in salary, that is ALL I pay taxes on.

Wow just wow, you have no idea what you are talking about do you?

he wasnt' quite clear about what spreading the money around meant but I think it speaks for itself really.
Vote For Joe !

I get sick of saying this but taken in context of the entire conversation what Obama was saying is that by "joe the plumber" paying 3% more in taxes on anything over 250K a year it ultimately helps Joe out because then those people who don't make that kind of money can afford to actually hire him for his services.

I know you aren't that stupid that you don't understand the concept. :cuckoo:

The irony is that Joe the plumber has admitted that Obama's tax increase wouldn't affect him anyway. in fact he'd likely see a tax reduction under Obama's plan. I'm always amazed at people who vote against their own self interest. :eek:

If I make 2 million. I will be taxed and extra 3% on the money above 250,000.00. What is 3% of 1,750,00.00?

So my tax increase is: 52,500.00 or 700,000.00.

`Joe the Plumber,' Who Dislikes Obama Tax Plan, Owes Back Taxes

By Ryan J. Donmoyer

Oct. 16 (Bloomberg) -- ``Joe the plumber,'' the Toledo, Ohio, man whose complaints about Barack Obama's tax plan were featured in the final presidential debate, owes the state of Ohio almost $1,200 in back income taxes.

According to records on file with the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, the state filed a tax lien against Samuel J. Wurzelbacher for $1,182.98 on Jan. 26, 2007, that is still active.

Wurzelbacher was thrust into the national spotlight this week when he told Obama he worried that the Illinois senator's proposals to roll back Bush administration tax breaks for Americans earning more than $250,000 would prevent him from buying a plumbing business that would earn between $250,000 and $280,000 a year.

is this man paying his workers out of his personal income Allie? cuz that's what we're talking about!

Shit you're a fucking idiot.

Small business owners only pay taxes on their own personal income, Allie. I could make 2 million dollars through my business, but if I only take out $100,000 in salary, that is ALL I pay taxes on.

Yeah... uh huh Ravi... the rest of the company profit is just swept to the wayside and untaxed?

No ravi... that is not the case... the business, whether llp, llc, or whatever will be taxed on your individual tax return of the full income, not just the 'salary' you set aside for yourself... that is still a tax on the small business owner... and with those taxes increasing and hurting the small business owner, it will indeed be passed on to the public

Forum List

Back