Joe Montana is the best QB who has ever played

Montana was in the arena in college - the USC games - the bowl games

More pressure than in the NFL

Keep watching guys. P Manning is going to break every QB record in the book. Then your arguments will be fruitless.

Todays Quarterback records might as well be on steroids. You can't hit the QB, receivers run down the field with nobody allowed to touch them and then dance around when they make a catch, indoor stadiums. QBs used to even call their own plays

Stats mean nothing, what a QB needs to do is execute his game plan and win the big ones

Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR.

Exactly! No name future hall of famers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. :lol:

Clearly you're too ignorant on this subject to add any value to the debate. No offense.

Gotta run your mouth now huh? I thought we were giving our friendly opinions. Harrison has been gone for years, and nobody knew Wayne would be a hall of famer until lately. I am talking about all the other third wide-outs that allow that offense to function. I have been a die hard NFL fan my entire life. Where is Harrison now dumbshit? All they got as far as a big name is Wayne now. Care to prove me wrong on that? Garcon and Collie are new to the stage. I think it's you who has your head stuck up your pooptube fucko. How about you just eat a dirty cock for dinner tonight? :razz: ~BH

Easy guys...football...

Dallas Clark isn't a total waste as a receiver. I don't think either he or Wayne will be able to see the inside of Canton unless they buy a ticket however.

Exactly! No name future hall of famers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. :lol:

Clearly you're too ignorant on this subject to add any value to the debate. No offense.

Gotta run your mouth now huh? I thought we were giving our friendly opinions. Harrison has been gone for years, and nobody knew Wayne would be a hall of famer until lately. I am talking about all the other third wide-outs that allow that offense to function. I have been a die hard NFL fan my entire life. Where is Harrison now dumbshit? All they got as far as a big name is Wayne now. Care to prove me wrong on that? Garcon and Collie are new to the stage. I think it's you who has your head stuck up your pooptube fucko. How about you just eat a dirty cock for dinner tonight? :razz: ~BH

Easy guys...football...

Dallas Clark isn't a total waste as a receiver. I don't think either he or Wayne will be able to see the inside of Canton unless they buy a ticket however.

Agreed. The HOF isn't for good, or very good players. It's reserved only for the great. Period. Wayne's a good WR-there's not disputing that. But in no way is he even remotely close to the HOF.

But the whole QB arguments can go back and forth all day, based on so many things, but I really think the single most biggest aspect is the O-Line they play behind, without a question. It's not the only reason-but watch guys like Brady and Manning play today-part of the reason for their success is due to the fact that they typically get a little bit more time with the ball to make a play (which in football is huge).

Easy guys...football...

LMAO! Just giving him shit bro. ;) Yeah but I agree about Canton. Dallas Clark is a tight end, which I am sure that you already know, but I guess they do use him as a third receiver in that offense. Speaking of Tight ends, Witten is pretty good too. ~BH

Raider Nation (My Nation too) at it's recent best: Sigh...

raiders.gif

Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR.

Between Harrison and Wayne, Manning has had a marquee receiver in his prime to throw to his entire career, dude.

He also had a prime Edgerrin James as a his RB.

Easy guys...football...

Agreed. The HOF isn't for good, or very good players. It's reserved only for the great. Period. Wayne's a good WR-there's not disputing that. But in no way is he even remotely close to the HOF.

But the whole QB arguments can go back and forth all day, based on so many things, but I really think the single most biggest aspect is the O-Line they play behind, without a question. It's not the only reason-but watch guys like Brady and Manning play today-part of the reason for their success is due to the fact that they typically get a little bit more time with the ball to make a play (which in football is huge).

Exactly!

tell me im wrong

You are Wrong...

And this is from a Member of the Raider Nation...
Elway was the Best... Did more with FAR less...
Joe had Super Bowl Quality in the 2nd String...

Now you know.

:)

peace...

In claiming to be the best, Elway would have to explain that 55-10 drubbing by Montana and the 49ers

Only Superbowl they should have invoked the mercy rule

tell me im wrong

You are Wrong...

Now you know.

peace...

In claiming to be the best, Elway would have to explain that 55-10 drubbing by Montana and the 49ers

I'll respectfully disagree with you on that one; as I recall hearing the story...

"One of the coaches (might have been Walsh) asked Montana 'How many points do you think we can score against their defense?'

Montana answered, 'As many as we want.'"

Its easy to say that they should have put more than 10 points on the board but when you're down by 20-30 points, the game plan gets thrown out and they're expecting the pass on every play.

Yeah that was embarassing though. Was that the SB that was at Stanford?

tell me im wrong

You are Wrong...

Now you know.

peace...

More importantly in my mind, in claiming to be the best, Elway would have to explain not winning a SB until he had a 2000 yard rusher in T.Davis.

Between Harrison and Wayne, Manning has had a marquee receiver in his prime to throw to his entire career, dude.

He also had a prime Edgerrin James as a his RB.

A15, How yuh been bro? ;) James was overated in my opinion, and he wasn't with them when they won their Superbowl. He has never had a powerhouse RB like Dallas, Denver or Green bay had. I will give the Patriots credit for winning superbowls with 2nd rate RB's, and 2nd rate receivers as well for most of their runs.

Anyway, Find me an NFL QB of this era that didn't have atleast one marquee receiver to throw to? Or atleast most of them did, other than a few. Hell, Even the crappy Faiders had Tim Brown throughout their miserable years. Falcons had Andre Rison, but did nothing ect.
My point is that Manning makes Garcon and Collie look like Marquee receivers, which I think they are both really talented anyway, but Manning takes them to that next higher level.

Fact is bro, Manning will break every record on the books by the time he's finished. I grew up a Niner fan too. I live in the Bay Area. He's the best, plain and simple. ~BH

Keep watching guys. P Manning is going to break every QB record in the book. Then your arguments will be fruitless.

Todays Quarterback records might as well be on steroids. You can't hit the QB, receivers run down the field with nobody allowed to touch them and then dance around when they make a catch, indoor stadiums. QBs used to even call their own plays

Stats mean nothing, what a QB needs to do is execute his game plan and win the big ones

Manning has more control over the offense than the coaches do. He is a coach on the field, with a million dollar arm. I will say it again. Barring a major injury, P Manning will break every passing record in the book. He is the best to even stand behind center, in the NFL.

Manning has more control over the offense than the coaches do. He is a coach on the field, with a million dollar arm. I will say it again. Barring a major injury, P Manning will break every passing record in the book. He is the best to even stand behind center, in the NFL.

I am confident Manning will not break most records for playoff or Super Bowl passing. :eusa_whistle:

In comparing Manning to Montana it will come down to one question..

How did they perform in big games?

At both Tennesee and Indy, Peyton Manning was known for putting up big numbers in the regular season and coming up short in the big games. Florida owned him in college and New England owned him in the pros. Manning was always good for a turnover in must win games

Joe Montana was known for turning up his game when the game was high stakes. He was legendary in Notre Dame and SF for pulling out wins in the final moments of big games

Peyton Manning is still a top 5 QB but I wouldn't put him ahead of Brady or Montana

In comparing Manning to Montana it will come down to one question..

How did they perform in big games?

At both Tennesee and Indy, Peyton Manning was known for putting up big numbers in the regular season and coming up short in the big games. Florida owned him in college and New England owned him in the pros. Manning was always good for a turnover in must win games

Joe Montana was known for turning up his game when the game was high stakes. He was legendary in Notre Dame and SF for pulling out wins in the final moments of big games

Peyton Manning is still a top 5 QB but I wouldn't put him ahead of Brady or Montana

Here are the Stats for Montana.

Joe Montana's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Here are the Stats for Manning.

Peyton Manning's Career 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Montana is credited with 31 4th Quarter combacks; Manning with 35. It needs to be noted however that Manning is doing it when you can't touch receivers and that the 49ers were so dominant league-wide that there was little need to have to come back in many games. For example in the 84-86 seasons, Montana had four 4th Qtr comebacks. But it should be noted that of the 4 times where he had to bring the team back in those 3 seasons--29 wins; give that some thought--3 of those games were in either November of December. He was money! And of course remember...he personally kept Boomer from going to Disneyworld in the Super Bowl.

Still, Manning is impressive in every way. Just not in my top 4. The more you guys talk about him though....he may be inching closer to my top 5.

Forum List

Back