Joe Montana is the best QB who has ever played

Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick!

I would find room for Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning....wow; I would feel very comfortable with him as my quarterback any day of the week. I think if Mount Rushmore had 5 heads, Peyton's may well be there....but let me ask you this; is he better than Brady? I don't think so--just my personal opinion. If you're not the best QB in the league when you played; I don't think your mug goes up there. Just a subjective choice on my part.

I think Manning's better than Brady.He's able to adapt and react to plays/games better than Brady. But you certainly can make the argument either way. They're both the top 2 QBs in the game right now-I think it just depends on who you prefer.

That is pretty much the argument I'm making. One thing I will say about Tom Brady is that he obviously wasn't blessed with Mannings' genes and, if you're looking past the results into the intangibles; theres something to be said, I think for being drafted in the 6th round, coming in as a back-up and then making everybody forget about Drew Bledsoe who was thought of, at the time, as the prototype QB.

Like I said, if Mt. Rushmore had 5 faces on it, I'd feel comfortable with Manning's mug being up there because he is arguably the best QB of his time at his peak. That is my first hurdle; when you're at your peak, you have to be the best QB in the game to be considered one of the best of all time. I do feel that Elway, Montana, Marino, and Brady fit that bill; I'm not sure Manning does. Maybe; its arguable.

Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR.

Exactly! No name future hall of famers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. :lol:

Clearly you're too ignorant on this subject to add any value to the debate. No offense.

Wayne is going to have to kick it up a notch to get considered for the HOF. Harrison is a shoe-in.

Peyton Manning....wow; I would feel very comfortable with him as my quarterback any day of the week. I think if Mount Rushmore had 5 heads, Peyton's may well be there....but let me ask you this; is he better than Brady? I don't think so--just my personal opinion. If you're not the best QB in the league when you played; I don't think your mug goes up there. Just a subjective choice on my part.

I think Manning's better than Brady.He's able to adapt and react to plays/games better than Brady. But you certainly can make the argument either way. They're both the top 2 QBs in the game right now-I think it just depends on who you prefer.

Yep, Manning's stats bury Brady's. Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR. Without a doubt recently. I will give credit to Brady for the Superbowls under his belt, Montana as well who I think is top 3, even though he had the best WR ever. However, I think when it's all said and done, Manning will go down as the best ever. Anyone who understands the game of Football and that position understands this fact. ~BH

I doubt that. Curious....Favre has the most yards ever...why isn't he the GOAT in your mind?

While many people point out that Montana had Jerry Rice, they forget that John Taylor was his go to receiver. It was the west coast offense that made Montana great. Roger Craig coming out of the backfield kept the drives going
Montana was not the most skilled QB, but he had the heart and cool head of a winner. You saw it at Notre Dame and you saw it emerge at San Fran. Even with KC at the end of his career you could see the Montana spark

While many people point out that Montana had Jerry Rice, they forget that John Taylor was his go to receiver. It was the west coast offense that made Montana great. Roger Craig coming out of the backfield kept the drives going
Montana was not the most skilled QB, but he had the heart and cool head of a winner. You saw it at Notre Dame and you saw it emerge at San Fran. Even with KC at the end of his career you could see the Montana spark

Montana was the greatest modern day quarterback because there was nobody better at being cool under pressure.When he started out in san fran,he had no running game.Roger Craig hadnt arrived yet and his best receiver was Dwight Clark.Yeah he still had his magic even in the twilight of his career with K.C.Because of him,they went to their first AFC title game in 24 years and they did it because of his cool presence in the pocket.I was at that wild card game against the steelers.Another quarterback might have panicked being fourth down and five with just a few seconds left in the game to tie it up to send it to overtime.But not cool Joe.I'll never forget his touchdown pass to Keith Cash that tied it up and went into overtime which allaoed them to then got on and beat the oilers the next week and finally make it back to the AFC title game after 24 years.

Montana made his presence in Kc felt immediately.cash and his fellow recievers were not all that good but Montana is one of those players who makes everybody around them better than what they really are.after Montana left,Cash and his other receivers Birden and davis,their talents faded away and you never heard anything about them again.

Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick! Vick!

what a great society we are where a murderer gets to come back and play football again.the NFL is such a joke I hope we do have a strike this year.

Rivers will get his chances. SD is still a strong team in a weak division

Just needs to step it up in the playoffs. He has been a noshow so far

Losing to the Jets at home?

which AGAIN is the the fault of Nate "the choker" Kaeting. cant even make an easy chip shot filed goal which was like an extra point attempt which would given the chargers the victory? Missing THREE field goals,two of them being easy chip shots? whats up with that? I cant believe those idiots in the front office brought back that choker.:cuckoo:

Like i said,he cost Brees and the chargers a chance to go further in the playoffs years ago against the jets as well when Brees was with the chargers.cant win playoff games when your field goal kicker is choking on easy chip shot filed goals.Just ask Rivers and Brees.

100% absolutely correct.

Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR.

Exactly! No name future hall of famers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. :lol:

Clearly you're too ignorant on this subject to add any value to the debate. No offense.

Gotta run your mouth now huh? I thought we were giving our friendly opinions. Harrison has been gone for years, and nobody knew Wayne would be a hall of famer until lately. I am talking about all the other third wide-outs that allow that offense to function. I have been a die hard NFL fan my entire life. Where is Harrison now dumbshit? All they got as far as a big name is Wayne now. Care to prove me wrong on that? Garcon and Collie are new to the stage. I think it's you who has your head stuck up your pooptube fucko. How about you just eat a dirty cock for dinner tonight? :razz: ~BH

That's a good point about Taylor bro. ~BH

Yep, Manning's stats bury Brady's. Manning has done so much without a decent running game, and with no name guys at WR. Without a doubt recently. I will give credit to Brady for the Superbowls under his belt, Montana as well who I think is top 3, even though he had the best WR ever. However, I think when it's all said and done, Manning will go down as the best ever. Anyone who understands the game of Football and that position understands this fact. ~BH

I doubt that. Curious....Favre has the most yards ever...why isn't he the GOAT in your mind?

Because he leads the league in interceptions. Who's 3rd on that list bro? = Manning. Favre is 41 years old, and Manning is 34. Do the fucking math dumb shit. Oh and uh, Goats are not on my mind. You might want to get some help with that sick and twisted disorder. :eusa_shhh:

When it's all said and done, Manning best QB of all time. ~BH

I can't understand gridiron at all...but Joe Montana is an incredibly cool name.
It sounds like a Spaghetti Western character.
So...on that basis alone...he has to be the best QB ever.

Keep watching guys. P Manning is going to break every QB record in the book. Then your arguments will be fruitless.

When Joe Montana was laughing with teamateate after punkining USC 49-19 - made it look easy

everything was in slo mo ......................

best-ever.....................

John Taylor was an excellent #2 receiver, but he was definitely not Montana's 'go to' guy. That's ridiculous. He not only never equaled Rice's receptions in a season (and Rice was the clear #1, which meant more coverage) he never really came close.

I'll accept the argument that the West Coast offense made Montana great as possible, but to say Taylor was the go to guy on the same team as Rice in his prime makes it hard to take the rest of your post seriously.

Forum List

Back