Joe Manchin 2016

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
As a native West Virginian I admit bias, but I genuinely like the guy. He's a Democrat who isn't afraid to go against his own party on many issues. I like Rand Paul for the same reason. Manchin/Paul 2016?

Discuss.

He strikes me the last of an otherwise extinct breed- a Democrat that isn't a full blown leftist assbag. Rand Paul will be president if he gets the nomination, no matter who he runs against. He has broad vociferous appeal. I just hope that if he gets in he doesn't go pussy. we need a president that is going to take civil liberties seriously and start dismantling agencies that run roughshod on individual liberty. That's our only hope to come back.

He strikes me the last of an otherwise extinct breed- a Democrat that isn't a full blown leftist assbag. Rand Paul will be president if he gets the nomination, no matter who he runs against. He has broad vociferous appeal. I just hope that if he gets in he doesn't go pussy. we need a president that is going to take civil liberties seriously and start dismantling agencies that run roughshod on individual liberty. That's our only hope to come back.

I disagree about Rand Paul winning the White House. While he's not as open as his father in his beliefs, I predict that many of his policies will alienate both Republicans and Democrats. As I said in an earlier topic today, I think he could easily win the GOP nomination, but him winning in the general election is a very slim chance. Voters like to be lied to, and the Pauls aren't that breed of politician.

He'd never stand a chance in the primary.

Of course he will. He's a well-spoken intelligent man who does not get ruffled when attacked. The rank and file GOP pigs will try and keep him down, but he has great appeal and like his father a lot of his appeal is from vocal and energized younger people.

I think he has a good chance at the nomination and will win if he gets it. It's all about turnout and that is driven by excitement level, something that has not been part of the right-wing presidential race since 1980.

He'd never stand a chance in the primary.

My first reaction was to disagree with you, until I remembered that he was running as a Democrat. He could win the Republican nomination, but switching to a Republican just a couple years before the election would show as a sign of inconsistency. I change my mind. Unless he runs in a later election Manchin has no chance. :lol:

I think Manchin is a decent guy who is genuinely looking out for the people he represents in West Virginia.

When Obama's policies hurt West Virginia (and many of them do) Manchin does not play the party game. He stands up for the people he represents.

Forum List

Back