Jobs Saved or Created Update

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Depending on the day he was speaking and what was on the Teleprompter, Obama's Teleprompter promised that the Stimulus (ACORN Funding) Bill would "Save or create" oh, I dunno 2, 3, 4 million jobs.

Anyone have a tally?

Depending on the day he was speaking and what was on the Teleprompter, Obama's Teleprompter promised that the Stimulus (ACORN Funding) Bill would "Save or create" oh, I dunno 2, 3, 4 million jobs.

Anyone have a tally?

My poor next door neighbors do. A retired couple moved in last year into a smaller 3 bedroom home--today they have their adult kids & grandkids living with them because they lost their jobs & homes.

Hmm--so no jobs saved or created for them----:cuckoo:

$promised-jobs.jpg

Obama best hope his jobs creation lies work out for him because he's going to need a new job come the next Presidential election.

Job Creation comes from job market creation. Without new business, technologies, and industries there will be no job creation. Additionally, taking jobs from one industry and shoving them over to another does not count either.

Job Creation comes from job market creation. Without new business, technologies, and industries there will be no job creation. Additionally, taking jobs from one industry and shoving them over to another does not count either.

They'll try to count it though--:lol::lol:

Anyone have a tally?

Well he liquidated the Big Three car inventory's, now car sales are in the tank again.....:clap2: but our inventory taxes will not affect the bottom line, that's if they ever find the bottom......:redface:

i've asked this a bunch of times, but no one has ever been able to answer it

just HOW does one quantify a "saved job"?

That's just it as the statement was phrased there is no way to falsify the statement or to quantify it or to test it or evaluate. It was the usual leftist pie in the sky promise that said essentaiily nothing and meant even less.

Anyone have a tally?

Well he liquidated the Big Three car inventory's, now car sales are in the tank again.....:clap2: but our inventory taxes will not affect the bottom line, that's if they ever find the bottom......:redface:

Who knows where bottom is? I think the economy has gotten worse--not better. Many economists are calling for a "jobless" recovery--& don't expect to see "real" gains in employment for many years to come.

Wonder when the Obamalongs will finally realise that massive government spending does not equate to private sector job growth? The only thing that is expanding in leaps & bounds is the federal government.

$economic-bottom.jpg

Last edited:

Anyone have a tally?

Who knows where bottom is? I think the economy has gotten worse--not better. Many economists are calling for a "jobless" recovery--& don't expect to see "real" gains in employment for many years to come.

View attachment 8296

Carter Two and Dejavaux, and you didn't think we could make the same mistake twice, and look where we are with information technology......:disbelief:

Unemployment rate to rise, could hit 10 percent

Oct 2, 7:16 AM (ET)

By CHRISTOPHER S. RUGABER and MARTIN CRUTSINGER

(AP) In this Sept. 25, 2009 photo, Khaliha Adger, from left, Gregory King, and Fred Jenkins fill out...

WASHINGTON (AP) - The unemployment rate hasn't topped 10 percent since June 1983, but it could return to that painful level soon - possibly as early as Friday, when the Labor Department issues its monthly jobs report.

Even as the economy shows signs of life, some employers are still cutting jobs, and many more are reluctant to hire after enduring the worst recession since the 1930s.

A return to 10 percent unemployment could pose political problems for President Barack Obama, who pushed through an ambitious $787 billion stimulus package in February intended to "save or create" 3.5 million jobs by the end of 2010. The administration said earlier this month about 1 million jobs have been saved so far.

ePiC fAiL Mr President!!!!

Your liberal economic policies are an abject failure!!!!!!

print-obama-giclee-1.jpg

enjoy the polling #'s next week s0n!!!!:lol:

I think I heard that the tally was 2500 government bureaucrat jobs created; other jobs created = 0 and depending upon with whom you speak to the figure is anywhere between 450 million and 500 million jobs saved. ;)

Immie

PS, I hate to break the news to those who mention the number of jobs saved that there are only roughly 300 million Americans and that includes children and the aged. I wonder if they were including outsourced jobs?

PPS I'm only joking and very much exaggerating those numbers except for the "other jobs created" number in order to make the point that the jobs saved figure cannot truly be discovered and were nothing more than figures pulled out of their asses in order to sell the "ACORN funding" bill.

Well, you look at the number of jobs in existence when he took office in January. If any of those jobs are still in existence then obviously it is because of his policies. So he "saved" those jobs.
We are dealing with the most mendacious presidency in history, and that includes Nixon. Just as he said anything to get elected (and the press gave him a pass on it) so now he will say anything to make it look like he's doing a bang up job. The first task was to talk down the economy. Because if it was "the worst since the great depression" then anything better than that would rank as a great achievement. And on and on.
The amazing part is that some suckers are still falling for this garbage. It is like the woman who goes back to her cheating boyfriend again and again.

American business needs to adopt the Obama Saved or Created Standard.

"Boss, you know how you're stuck in the antique notion of compensating me for performance? Well, from here on out I'd like my bonus to be based on business "saved or created" -- it's a new metric."

Obama pledges to take $65 billion from the domestic petroleum industry in his quest to "move away from a carbon based economy". This money will be diverted to creating "green" jobs.

Give it time to work, folks.

Exactly. I'm in a unique position where I'm actually growing a department despite the economy. I need 21 highly skilled regulatory/quality engineers and managers within the next 8-10 weeks, and half of them could have started two weeks ago. That doesn't include potential staffing on multiple long-term proposals (2-3 years) that are currently awaiting PO's and have yet to be assigned a resource curve.

Are any of these "saved jobs"? Absolutely not. They were created by making a determined effort to grow a business and to work contacts in the field who have business needs/requirements. There is zero connection to stimulus dollars. But I can promise you that in my region, every new hire within my organization will show up on some stat chart or other to prove that the stimulus bill is working.

I'm working on another initiative that we decided to pursue after the stimulus bill was passed, but that as yet to evolve into even a single dime of revenue or new hires. Our business development team - who are very practical and are therefore against government intervention in business - decided that once the stimulus bill was passed, it would be foolish to simply remain angry about it and not try to use some of the funding to grow new jobs. We're workoing with several funded organizations to develop new industries out of companies who are facing bankruptcy and lay-offs if they can't emerge into new markets.

Over the last 5 months since we began, every dime we've spent on the initiative has come from our own pockets, including hiring expert industry leadership who can assist in guiding target companies into new business fields. But so far, we're finding that in order for companies to get funded to make a transition, most of them need to put up 50% of the cost. Those that are interested in funding can't afford that 50% because they're already failing. And those who aren't failing aren't interested in making a transition.

So... there may be funding dollars going into short term infrastructure projects like transportation and utilities, but those don't grow the economy, although infrastructure is certainly vital. But the funding programs that I've worked with to help existing businesses include a caveat that forces companies who are already at the brink of failure to close shop or look for other alternatives - they can't match the funding dollars.

I'm watching a company right now who needs my help and is currently down from 300 employees 18 months ago to a skeleton crew of 25. They've applied for every type of funding to help transition their business into new industries (they have an awesome manufacturing capacity in metals) and they're prepared to do what it takes to make it work, but stimulus dollars are sitting unused while his emplyees go on unemployment because he doesn't have the 50% needed to get stimulus dollars.

To me, the reality of the funding program is that it's purpose isn't really to create jobs. It's nothing more than a PR stunt by the finance corporations who control our federal government. The dollars that could REALLY go into helping companies and into keeping our economy moving are languishing while the businesses that need them are failing. I'm watching it on a daily basis, and I'm meeting with the folks who are struggling to access the funds in order to keep their doors open and keep their employees fed. In reality, the funding program was just another excuse to hit us while we're down, and justify taking even more of our tax dollars for a program that will have to be repaid at interest.

The only beneficiary is the banks who have taken control of our government, who earn that interest from our remaining paychecks. Shame on them, and on the White House and Congress who take care of them.

Last edited:

Obama pledges to take $65 billion from the domestic petroleum industry in his quest to "move away from a carbon based economy". This money will be diverted to creating "green" jobs.

Give it time to work, folks.

So trying to assert or assume power by monetary control... not to mention having government, yet again, stick it's nose where it has no constitutional business being...

He wants to create job... cut corporate tax rates... don't hurt small business with his BS health care proposals.. and flat out just stop being a leftist douche

Forum List

Back