Job Market Starts to Favor Workers

blah blah economiccollapseblog doomsday spam of meaningless noncontextual statistics blah
So people actually do still reference that site. Long live capitalism, and the ability of that dude to make money from ad clicks this long after the recession.

All 30 stats are backed by links...many from left wing sources.

I guess you did not see that or could care less about what is true.
Not all of them are quite true, and many are taken out of context. Lists like this are useless because they are simply cherry picked numbers of no consistent time frame that have no direct relationship to each other. Someone else could just as easily come up with 30 reasons why everything is hunky-dory, and that would be equally as useless.

Lists like that are not how proper analysis is done.

Someone else could just as easily come up with 30 reasons why everything is hunky-dory, and that would be equally as useless.
Exactly.

I could easily scour the internet and come up with a bunch equally useless shit to make a point either way.

^^^so then there is no right or wrong...all economic stats are just plain BS. How can this be?

The stats mentioned in my post above, are from supposedly accurate media sources, many of whom are from liberal media sources. Are they all wrong?

^^^so then there is no right or wrong...all economic stats are just plain BS. How can this be?
Where are you getting that from?

The stats mentioned in my post above, are from supposedly accurate media sources, many of whom are from liberal media sources. Are they all wrong?
It's not a question of whether the individual claims are right or wrong (and some of them are wrong*). The question is whether putting them together makes sense and tells a coherent story. The answer is no...putting them together in the list is just an arbitrary listing of claims from different years that only includes negative connotations. One could put together a similar arbitrary list of good news statistics. Both would be true, but tell completely opposite stories. Therefore either list is useless.

*For example: "21. In America today, one out of every ten jobs is filled by a temp agency."
But reading the link, it says nothing of the sort. It says "Overall, 2.2 percent of private-sector workers were temps in 2012." That's one out of every 45.5

Unemployment for those 25 and younger, though slooooowly improving is still the worst since the 1940's.
It is called perspective.
Unemployment is not the real problem today. UNDERemployment is. And has been an increasing problem for over 15 years now.
There is a plethora of crappy, low paying jobs to be had. They are abundant.
The lack of real opportunity for the population as a whole is the REAL problem. One that has been diminishing long before Obama. And will continue to decrease.

Unemployment for those 25 and younger, though slooooowly improving is still the worst since the 1940's.
No it's not.
fredgraph.png

Unemployment is not the real problem today. UNDERemployment is. And has been an increasing problem for over 15 years now.
How are you defining and measuring Underemployment?

No it's not.
fredgraph.png

My bad, it is the worst in non recessionary years. If this graph is true...then the 70's were worse...but Jesus that is not a positive thing.

No it's not.

My bad, it is the worst in non recessionary years. If this graph is true...then the 70's were worse...but Jesus that is not a positive thing.
Meh. Youth unemployment always has been and always will be worse than 25+. Less education, fewer skills, time constraints for those in school, etc.
fredgraph.png

The lack of real opportunity for the population as a whole is the REAL problem. One that has been diminishing long before Obama. And will continue to decrease.

Which is not true. Additionally there are areas that now are in trouble because of outsourcing, namely technology.

The economies in places like India and China have gotten so much better, wages are going up, making it less attractive to outsource. So, lo and behold, many companies are starting to look domestically again. What are they finding? That the techies moved on.

Which is not true.... .
What is not true?
Underemployment is a problem?
There is a lot of low paying/low benefit jobs available?
There is a shortage of "living wage" jobs?

What graph are you looking at?

Graph shows was worse than current rate in 1983 and 1993, and 2004.

fredgraph.png

Which is not true.... .
What is not true?
Underemployment is a problem?
There is a lot of low paying/low benefit jobs available?
There is a shortage of "living wage" jobs?

The majority of new hires are being paid over 20 bucks an hour. So it's not only minimum wages hires.

As for "under" employed? That generally means you are making less now then you did at your previous job. If that's the case? I'm under employed.

And there are ALOT of jobs available..both high and low paying. What's your point? That's a bad thing?

Funny thing, when I was looking for work? Most of the conservatives on this site (Warrior102 being a very notable exception) were telling me I should just work at McDonalds.

Man..you folks are great!

The following are 30 stats to show to anyone that does not believe the middle class is being destroyed...
middle class is being destroyed by liberal attack on American family and schools plus liberal unions and liberal corporate taxes. A liberal will lack the IQ to understand the above.

Forum List

Back