Job Market Starts to Favor Workers

Hah it already was explained and you know it. That is what is so special about Special Ed, can't win an argument but can ignore that fact and keep circling back to start over.

I refer you to any of the numerous threads where your simpleton attempts at arguing resulted in ass-rape.

The really fun thing is on a macro scale all this off shoring and automation has created a deficit of skilled workers and tradesmen in general.

There aren't many electricians, plumbers, printers, steamfitters, etc, around any more and the need has become dire. Add in the deficit in tech people and there is a real problem looming. And this problem was created DIRECTLY by the "forward thinking" Captains of industry that think the short term buck, they pay themselves, is much better than sustainability over the long term. Which is why they cannot be trusted to make the big decisions in terms of the overall economy.

Bottom line is the Randian/Freedman economy always leads to collapse. You can't have people continually drawing from the well and putting nothing back..and expect that it will always have water.

Speaking about upgrading skills. Unions used to have training programs and apprenticeships. Many became journeymen because of it. Unions now a dying thing thanks to Reagan and republicans. I used to see union guys with campaign stickers "Vote Reagan" or some other republican. The working class cuts it's own throat sometimes.

So best job creation year since bill Clinton means Obama has created more jobs than Clinton or Reagan? LOL. If you find that logical, you are not worth talking to. You are totally moving the goal posts. The chart in your own source even shows that Clinton created more jobs per year than Obama--even Obama's new high for this year is less than the Clinton average.

The fact remains that both Reagan and Clinton created more jobs than Obama has. Period. Your original statement was a falsehood.

So Fast Food and retail is the way to go huh? Excuse me while I go to the toilet

fbj, the job recovery has actually been pretty broad based with solid gains across well paying sectors. Don't believe me go check bls.

well tell that to the people in my family who can't find work
Okay just so I understand where you're coming from... your argument is that BLS data showing job gains have been broad based across many industries beyond fast food and retail, is invalidated because of the existence of people in your family who can't find work?

Seriously?

Okay just so I understand where you're coming from... your argument is that BLS data showing job gains have been broad based across many industries beyond fast food and retail, is invalidated because of the existence of people in your family who can't find work?

Seriously?

Not just the people in my family, tons of people in the state of PA

Okay, following along... your personal observation that "tons" of people in the state of PA are without jobs invalidates the BLS data on job gains by category across the United States, and proves your assertion that all jobs are fast food and retail?

So Fast Food and retail is the way to go huh? Excuse me while I go to the toilet
What are you talking about? The jobs created under Reagan and Clinton were not all fast food and retail.

The Job Market is not improving, the end
I was talking about the job market under Clinton and Reagan. My whole point was jobs are growing slower under Obama you twit.

It finally started to grow huh? I know I lost my job 3 times under Obama

It's rough out here, takes 7 months to get a interview
You have an amazing ability to take anecdotal personal experience and apply to the entire country.

It is easy in my view, we've lost two coworkers to poaching in the last month and have had trouble replacing either one. My linkedin account is constantly spammed by headhunters looking for software devs, hey come work for Amazon, hey come work for xyz, blah blah

See how that works? The entire world doesn't have your experience, nor does it have mine, and neither one of us is a better measure than broad based unemployment numbers.

There is very little good economic news, but there is a lot of bad economic news....

The following are 30 stats to show to anyone that does not believe the middle class is being destroyed...

1. In 2007, the average household in the top 5 percent had 16.5 times as much wealth as the average household overall. But now the average household in the top 5 percent has 24 times as much wealth as the average household overall.

2. According to a study recently discussed in the New York Times, the "typical American household" is now worth 36 percent less than it was worth a decade ago.

3. One out of every seven Americans rely on food banks at this point.

4. One out of every four military familiesneeds help putting enough food on the table.

5. 79 percent of the people that use food banks purchase "inexpensive, unhealthy food just to have enough to feed their families".

6. One out of every three adults in the United States has an unpaid debt that is "in collections".

7. Only 48 percent of all Americans can immediately come up with $400 in emergency cash without borrowing it or selling something.

8. The price of food continues to rise much faster than the paychecks of most middle class families. For example, the average price of ground beef has just hit a brand new all-time record high of $3.884 a pound.

9. According to one recent study, 40 percent of all households in the United States are experiencing financial stress right now.

10. The overall homeownership rate has fallen to the lowest level since 1995.

11. The homeownership rate for Americans under the age of 35 is at an all-time low.

12. According to one recent survey, 52 percentof all Americans cannot even afford the house that they are living in right now.

13. The average age of vehicles on America’s roads has hit an all-time high of 11.4 years.

14. Last year, one out of every four auto loans in the United States was made to someone with subprime credit.

15. Amazingly, one out of every six men in their prime working years (25 to 54) do not have a job at this point.

16. One recent study found that 47 percent of unemployed Americans have “completely given up” looking for a job.

17. 36 percent of Americans do not have a single penny saved for retirement.

18. According to one survey, 76 percent of all Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

19. More than half of all working Americansmake less than $30,000 a year in wages.

20. Only four of the twenty fastest growing occupations in America require a Bachelor’s degree or better.

21. In America today, one out of every ten jobs is filled by a temp agency.

22. Due to a lack of decent jobs, half of all college graduates are still relying on their parents financially when they are two years out of school.

23. Median household income in the United States is about 7 percent lower than it was in the year 2000 after adjusting for inflation.

24. Approximately one out of every four part-time workers in America is living below the poverty line.

25. It is hard to believe, but more than one out of every five children in the United States is living in poverty in 2014.

26. According to one study, there are 49 million Americans that are dealing with food insecurity.

27. Ten years ago, the number of women in the U.S. that had jobs outnumbered the number of women in the U.S. on food stamps by more than a 2 to 1 margin. But now the number of women in the U.S. on food stampsactually exceedsthe number of women that have jobs.

28. If the middle class was actually thriving, we wouldn’t have more than a million public school childrenthat are homeless.

29. If you can believe it, Americans received more than 2 trillion dollars in benefits from the federal government last year alone.

30. In terms of median wealth per adult, the United States is now in just 19th place in the world

blah blah economiccollapseblog doomsday spam of meaningless noncontextual statistics blah
So people actually do still reference that site. Long live capitalism, and the ability of that dude to make money from ad clicks this long after the recession.

blah blah economiccollapseblog doomsday spam of meaningless noncontextual statistics blah
So people actually do still reference that site. Long live capitalism, and the ability of that dude to make money from ad clicks this long after the recession.

All 30 stats are backed by links...many from left wing sources.

I guess you did not see that or could care less about what is true.

Forum List

Back