Jimmy Carter's Op-Ed On Gaza War

Are these the questions? I've said this a bunch of times dude!

No, they're not targeting civilians. *You know* I've said the deaths are unintentional many times!

And Yes, they're attacking civilians. They may not intend to do so, but they are. The question is, is it justified? Clearly we disagree!

can one attack without targeting? if one is targeting an enemy is it even honest and fair to say they are attacking everyone who is in their way?

then there is this...

Israel has the right to attack those who've attacked them. They do not have the right to attack those who have not attacked them. That is my point of view.

They were elected to the parliament. They took control of Gaza in a violent coup. Fatah was in control of Gaza after the elections of Hamas.

Edit to add:

Fatah–Hamas conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Final edit: I'm not racist.

I don't think you are a racist and I can see where others think you make racist statements.

now, on my Birthday...

On June 13, Hamas took control of the north of Gaza strip (north of Gaza City), declaring it a "closed military area" and demanding that everyone, including the Fatah military forces, hand over their weapons by 4 P.M. (GMT) Friday, the 15th.

..bya few days later they had taken m-i-l-i-t-a-r-y control of the whole of GAZA. M-I-L-I-T-A-R-Y C-O-N-T-R-O-L.

Hamas also launched attacks on the south of Gaza Strip.[16] An explosion wrecked the Khan Younis headquarters of the Fatah-linked Preventive Security force, killing 13 people. By the end of the fourth day of fighting Khan Younis, Rafah and most of Gaza City were under Hamas control. On June 14 Hamas overran the last two Fatah outposts in Gaza City finally taking full control of the city,[17] and establishing a separate government.

HAMAS, was the civil representative of the people of GAZA within the government before the m-i-l-i-t-a-r-y coup. So HAMAS is responsible for all the military decisions and the people who support HAMAS are responsible.

The military wing of HAMAS is a terrorist organization. The people of the GAZA support a terrorist organization.
Palestinian Terrorism Should Not Be Rewarded

One of the foremost principles of international law is ex inuria ius non oritur - one may not profit from one's lawbreaking.

law...which you seem to like::::

One of the foremost principles of international law is ex inuria ius non oritur - one may not profit from one's lawbreaking.

If the Palestinians within GAZA support the actions of HAMAS how does the above apply?

They were elected to the parliament. They took control of Gaza in a violent coup. Fatah was in control of Gaza after the elections of Hamas.\

Edit to add:

Fatah–Hamas conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Final edit: I'm not racist.
Hamas was elected and then threw out Fatah, killing Palestinians in the process. So Israel set up the blockade. And then Hamas started launching rockets.

And yet some here and elsewhere champion hamas and pretend that Israelis are terrorists.

Israel is targeting the rockets. Hamas is embedding them in civilian sites. Civilians are being targeted because they are being placed in harms way by Hamas.

It's a clever way for Hamas to continue using inhumane war tactics that and make Israel look like the bully.

Hard-line rhetoric in Israel doesn't help. It feeds the flames.

I wonder what they thought of Reagan's making them wait to be released until after he was inaugerated.

Israel is targeting the rockets. Hamas is embedding them in civilian sites. Civilians are being targeted because they are being placed in harms way by Hamas.
Israel is NOT targeting civilians.

It's a clever way for Hamas to continue using inhumane war tactics that and make Israel look like the bully.

It's only clever if one lacks critical thinking skills.

an d hard line rhetoric from some in Israel is what? Saying they want HAMAS to be unable to be rearmed? with friends like you Israel needs no more enemies

I'm sure they liked it better than when Carter's rescue helicopters got stuck in the mud.

what a fukin' idiotic statement!

There were American service people injured and killed in that action. It had NOTHING to do with Carter as a person. It was a military exercise that went bad you moron.

and they got suck in mud in the dessert?

How about the UN school?

How about the building that the Current Israeli government ordered civilains into a building and told them to stay there and then bombed it the next day.

Where is the Proof they are put in harms way by Hamas?

Ive heard it stated but I havent seen any real evidence other than the Current Israeli government sayin it.

dear doosh...known as swing dope. wikipedia has what you need.

where is mud mentioned? Operation Eagle CLaw and you blamed Carter.

hello?

An unexpected low-level intense sandstorm of the kind known as a haboob contributed to the loss of three of the eight RH-53D helicopters by the time the helicopter squadron reached Desert One, behind schedule. The first helicopter was grounded and abandoned in the desert with equipment indicating a cracked rotor blade, and its crew picked up by another helicopter that continued the flight. The second helicopter abandoned the flight and returned to the Nimitz with reported erratic instrumentation blamed on the highly elevated temperatures inside the haboob. The third helicopter arrived at Desert One with a malfunctioning primary hydraulics system and insufficient confidence in the secondary (backup) hydraulics system to continue. The first and third helicopters, which were abandoned,

With only five helicopters remaining for transporting the men and equipment to Desert Two, and needing a predetermined minimum of six helicopters at that stage (Col. Beckwith's plans anticipated losing additional helicopters at later stages, especially as they were notorious for failing on cold starts and they were to be shut down for almost 24 hours at Desert Two), Col. Beckwith recommended that President Carter abort the mission, and Carter did just that on April 25, 1980. While maneuvering the helicopters from refuelling positions directly behind the C-130 Hercules fuel aircraft so the C-130s could taxi out and take off, one of the helicopter pilots attempted to hop over its C-130 and became disoriented in the dust cloud raised by its rotors and crashed onto the C-130.

In the ensuing explosion and fire, eight US servicemen died: five USAF aircrew in the C-130, and three USMC aircrew in the RH-53D, with only the helicopter pilot surviving. During the following frantic evacuation of the scene by the C-130s, with many of the helicopter aircrews believing they were under attack due to munitions cooking off in the fire, five RH-53D helicopters were left behind mostly intact, some damaged by shrapnel, with the sixth helicopter on top of the C-130 where it crashed and was being consumed by the fire. Iranian gains from the failed operation total between four and six RH-53D helicopters. In their haste to evacuate the helicopters, the Marine aircrews inadvertently left behind classified plans that identified the Tehran CIA agents.

The C-130s carried the remaining forces back to the intermediate airfield at Masirah Island where two C-141 medical evacuation aircraft from the rear staging base at Wadi Kena, Egypt picked up the injured personnel, helicopter crews, Rangers and Delta Force members and returned to Wadi Kena. The injured personnel were then transported to Ramstein Air Base, Germany. The Tehran CIA team exfiltrated Iran, unaware that their presence had been compromised.
only a pathetic fool would blame Carter

Is this much force necessary to stop the missiles? I guess I don't know 100% certainly, and I would contend that none of us probably do know certainly, but it sure seems like overkill (literally) to me. Now I understand this is obviously not in the jurisdiction of criminal law, but my pov is that the principle is applicable.

Before Israel started bombing Gaza, there were up to 200 rocket attacks on Israel every day. Last week that number was reduced to about 70 per day, and now on Monday, January 12th, there were about 15 rockets fired.

Since rockets are still being fired at Israel, your "overkill" theory doesnt hold water. For those of you who want to paint Israel as the bad guys for going into Gaza, i think the numbers of rockets attacks being fired now compared to 2 weeks ago, only proves that Israel is doing a good job of halting these attacks, and it also proves that going into Gaza was the right thing to do. The numbers dont lie.

When there are zero rocket attacks on Israel each day and they continue to kill Palestinians, you will know that its overkill, until then, it is not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back