Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

Some of you folks crack me up.

I teach with a handful of teachers that are gay, they are wonderful teachers and the students don't know they are gay, just like they don't know what the single teachers do in their private life.
It's not like the teachers are going to come into class Monday morning and share with their students,

"Hey, I got so buzzed Saturday night! I made out with another girl and then smoked a little one hit, then I had sex with my boyfriend. Now, get out you math book and turn to page 37."

:cuckoo:

Calm down people.

You just proved my point. Telling kids about your sex-life is going over the line. It doesn't matter what it is. Kids don't need to be taught about that sort of thing regardless how much the Gay-rights community wants it.

Another thing to take into consideration. The unwed mothers issue. How do you explain to kids when you start showing? They're gonna ask. Kids are curious.

your density rivals that of a black hole.

Perfect example of bigotry. We don't all have your low standards so you feel superior.

I suppose knowing how kids are is being dense?

My suggestion is for some paid maternity leave after the 2rd trimester till she has her baby. She'd probably appreciate the time off.

I know that's not all progressive and cool to think that way but tough.

Last edited:
You just proved my point. Telling kids about your sex-life is going over the line. It doesn't matter what it is. Kids don't need to be taught about that sort of thing regardless how much the Gay-rights community wants it.

Another thing to take into consideration. The unwed mothers issue. How do you explain to kids when you start showing? They're gonna ask. Kids are curious.

Perfect example of bigotry. We don't all have your low standards so you feel superior.

My suggestion is for some paid maternity leave after the 2rd trimester till she has her baby. She'd probably appreciate the time off.

That post was a fail before you edited it. Now you've made it an epic fail that further proves your density.

You're beating up your own strawman. Nobody is saying that teachers should be discussing their sex lives with their students. EZ was using hyperbole to mock that strawman. You're dense because this has to be explained to you.

The larger question for DeMint...

Should unmarried men who get women pregnant be allowed to teach public school??

Silly question but I'll bite.

Only up until they start showing.

junior-1994-02-g.jpg

That post was a fail before you edited it. Now you've made it an epic fail that further proves your density.

You're beating up your own strawman. Nobody is saying that teachers should be discussing their sex lives with their students. EZ was using hyperbole to mock that strawman. You're dense because this has to be explained to you.

You're the one that's too dense to realize kids are gonna be asking teacher why she swallowed a beach-ball.

Stupid fuck.

Sen. Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

In addition to reiterating anti-choice talking points on abortion and backing "traditional marriage," according to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, the senator went further and "said if someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend -- she shouldn't be in the classroom."

Controversy over DeMint's position on this issue first arose in 2004 during a Senate debate, when he was asked whether he agreed with the state party's platform that said openly gay teachers should be barred from teaching public school. DeMint said he agreed with that position because government shouldn't be endorsing certain behaviors.

"(When I said those things,) no one came to my defense," DeMint said on Friday in Spartanburg. "But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion."

There are so many things wrong with his statements that I don't even know where to begin criticizing them.

Maybe that is because you are "comfortably numb". Teachers are role models. If they want to display behaviors that are against the taxpayers' (parents') beliefs or morals, they should not be supported by tax dollars. If they want to run their own schools and display those behaviors, go for it! Use free enterprise to push your beliefs, not my tax dollars.

I think they are teaching kids how to read and write and spell. Are you saying that straight teachers display their sexual preferences in front of the kids?? And you don't want the gay teachers to do the same?? I never knew any teachers that discussed their sexual preferences. So I don't understand your problem.

an observation of your stupidity is not bigotry.

You're the one that's too dense to realize kids are gonna be asking teacher why she swallowed a beach-ball.

Stupid fuck.

you're the one that's too dense to realize that the teacher doesn't have to answer, and even if she does, her marital status won't be a part of the answer.

keep swinging, corky :thup:

I wouldn't be very happy if an unmarried teacher of my daughter came up pregnant. As far as Gays, I don't care, as long as they don't flaunt it.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I don't want a knocked up teacher teaching my daughter.

Should unmarried teachers have to be virgins too?

Would you let your daughter be taught by the man who got her pregnant?

Personally, I don't have a problem with gays teaching. And single pregnant women. I especially want them to continue to teach that way they stay off of WIC.

The notion comes from this diversity requirement I keep seeing.

I know now that it existed but I also know that when I went to a public restroom when I was a kid I didn't have to worry about gazers. It just never happened. I go into the service and spent an evening in downtown San Diego and my first visit to a public restroom gave me an education on it.

I am thinking that the root of the problem is that fear is rampant among us. We tend to fear that which we do not know. You seem to be the exception to that rule. The allowing of different types of people to teach would eliminate the fear or at least reduce it in that the exposure it self would provide a bit of inoculation to that which is feared. Pregnancy is not to be feared nor is homosexuality, THEY ARE FACTS OF LIFE plain and simple. if the child has a problem with it then the parents have the duty of teaching the kidlets about those things. The protection of the children often has negative longer lasting consequences than an earlier exposure. Different people with different values do exist, unless we are willing to eliminate everyone how does not think like you or dress like you or looks like you or have the same values as you, wouldn't the prudent path be to educate? Wouldn't the prudent path be to discuss and foster critical thinking in the spawn? A common mistake in parenting is the use of the phrase "because I said so".

Everyone....this is what is the problem. These people constantly want to teach values to our kids that the parents don't want them to learn.

Keep this post in mind because this is exactly the reason why homeschooling exists.

There is a difference between exposure to different lives and teaching values.

I find it very offensive that a middle school evangelical Christian is spouting off about God in the classroom to my middle school son. It might lead to some painful discussions between me and my son ..... Oh wait a sec it does not as he and I are on the same page as far as beliefs go, because he and I have discussions about many many things and some of them are hard topics.

So when is it appropriate to expose your kidlets to the harsh realities in life? From someone as a product of the sheltered life until life kicked my ass, I rather my kidlets know that life is not simple nor easy from an early age rather than one day waking up in the gutter wonder WTF happened.

Teaching a kidlet how to think for themselves is the number one priority in my book and protecting them from different things is not conducive to that goal. My kidlets know that if there is a difference between what I have taught them and what they experience in any environment it is totally ok for them to come to me and talk about it, they also know that they will get a real answer to their questions/concerns.

Does DeMint want to encourage unmarried pregnant teachers to get abortions so that they don't get fired?

Sounds so anti-Conservative of him

Stupid fuck.

you're the one that's too dense to realize that the teacher doesn't have to answer, and even if she does, her marital status won't be a part of the answer.

So....you feel it's okay to tell kids to shut the fuck up and don't ask questions? The Elephant in the room must be ignored at all costs, right?

How about lying to them...would that work?

Not much of a stretch because if the teacher is teaching progressive doctrine they're lying to them already.

Stupid fuck.

So....you feel it's okay to tell kids to shut the fuck up and don't ask questions? The Elephant in the room must be ignored at all costs, right?

Not much of a stretch because if the teacher is teaching progressive doctrine they're lying to them already.

strawman.jpg

keep swinging, corky

I am thinking that the root of the problem is that fear is rampant among us. We tend to fear that which we do not know. You seem to be the exception to that rule. The allowing of different types of people to teach would eliminate the fear or at least reduce it in that the exposure it self would provide a bit of inoculation to that which is feared. Pregnancy is not to be feared nor is homosexuality, THEY ARE FACTS OF LIFE plain and simple. if the child has a problem with it then the parents have the duty of teaching the kidlets about those things. The protection of the children often has negative longer lasting consequences than an earlier exposure. Different people with different values do exist, unless we are willing to eliminate everyone how does not think like you or dress like you or looks like you or have the same values as you, wouldn't the prudent path be to educate? Wouldn't the prudent path be to discuss and foster critical thinking in the spawn? A common mistake in parenting is the use of the phrase "because I said so".

Everyone....this is what is the problem. These people constantly want to teach values to our kids that the parents don't want them to learn.

Keep this post in mind because this is exactly the reason why homeschooling exists.

There is a difference between exposure to different lives and teaching values.

I find it very offensive that a middle school evangelical Christian is spouting off about God in the classroom to my middle school son. It might lead to some painful discussions between me and my son ..... Oh wait a sec it does not as he and I are on the same page as far as beliefs go, because he and I have discussions about many many things and some of them are hard topics.

So when is it appropriate to expose your kidlets to the harsh realities in life? From someone as a product of the sheltered life until life kicked my ass, I rather my kidlets know that life is not simple nor easy from an early age rather than one day waking up in the gutter wonder WTF happened.

Teaching a kidlet how to think for themselves is the number one priority in my book and protecting them from different things is not conducive to that goal. My kidlets know that if there is a difference between what I have taught them and what they experience in any environment it is totally ok for them to come to me and talk about it, they also know that they will get a real answer to their questions/concerns.

Right....don't want to expose them to lessons like "Love Thy Neighbor", "Turn The Other Cheek", "Forgive Your Enemies" ....that would be a bad example for sure.

But you would rather discuss sucking penis or getting laid. Maybe talk about how Whites are evil and capitalism is evil. Remember the Polar Bears.

Stupid fuck.

Why are you calling pregnant women elephants?

See how ridiculous your "style" of debate is? No, probably not. Because you're dense.

See how ridiculous your "style" of debate is? No, probably not. Because you're dense.

the closest this fuckwhistle comes to debate is when he puts da worm on da hook.

keep swinging, corky
What the fuck ever.

loservill-pop-you.jpg

Last edited:

You can't be serious.

You just joined del in Loserville.

Forum List

Back