Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

A woman is brutally raped and you want to force her to have the child of her rapist? This is one position Republicans and ethical Americans will never agree on.

Should her rapist get "visitation" rights? After all, he IS the father.

Their have been some studies that suggest if a woman has the child as the result of a rape, she recovers quicker than if she has an abortion (that would make two crimes, instead of one, holding an unborn child responsible for the father's actions). That said, I believe the abortion should be discouraged, not prohibited.

As for the "sperm donor", he should be killed.
His behavior showed he has no respect for human life or dignity. To prevent him from doing the same crime to others, his right to life should be taken.

'Some studies'?

Did these imaginary studies include women who were forced by law to carry a rape pregnancy to term?

So logical4u thinks abortion is murder, but killing the person who rapes someone OK?

:confused:

Their have been some studies that suggest if a woman has the child as the result of a rape, she recovers quicker than if she has an abortion (that would make two crimes, instead of one, holding an unborn child responsible for the father's actions). That said, I believe the abortion should be discouraged, not prohibited.

As for the "sperm donor", he should be killed.
His behavior showed he has no respect for human life or dignity. To prevent him from doing the same crime to others, his right to life should be taken.

'Some studies'?

Did these imaginary studies include women who were forced by law to carry a rape pregnancy to term?

So logical4u thinks abortion is murder, but killing the person who rapes someone OK?

Not confusing really. The unborn child is innocent - it has committed no crime. Someone who rapes another person has committed a crime and is, therefore, guilty. Not overly complicated. I am pro-life - although I support the right of other women to choose differently - and I am pro the death penalty.

'Some studies'?

Not confusing really. The unborn child is innocent - it has committed no crime. Someone who rapes another person has committed a crime and is, therefore, guilty. Not overly complicated. I am pro-life - although I support the right of other women to choose differently - and I am pro the death penalty.

I am too, but I don't see how saying you don't want to kill one human, but you do another is any different.

Some of you folks crack me up.

I teach with a handful of teachers that are gay, they are wonderful teachers and the students don't know they are gay, just like they don't know what the single teachers do in their private life.
It's not like the teachers are going to come into class Monday morning and share with their students,

"Hey, I got so buzzed Saturday night! I made out with another girl and then smoked a little one hit, then I had sex with my boyfriend. Now, get out you math book and turn to page 37."

:cuckoo:

Calm down people.

I would have probably paid more attention in High School if they DID start out the lessons that way...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XLKcMoXRE]YouTube - Van Halen - Hot For Teacher[/ame]

I explain it this way. You were older when you finally got "the news" and you have a good heart. Hate just doesn't suit you; it is not your normal condition. But across time and across Planet Earth, about 10% of all adults are not heterosexual, mudwhistle. You really think there were no GLBT people in Mayberry RFD?

BTW, no one is suggesting we require half of all new teaching positions be filled by GLBT people...where do you get these notions, dahlin'?

The notion comes from this diversity requirement I keep seeing.

I know now that it existed but I also know that when I went to a public restroom when I was a kid I didn't have to worry about gazers. It just never happened. I go into the service and spent an evening in downtown San Diego and my first visit to a public restroom gave me an education on it.

I am thinking that the root of the problem is that fear is rampant among us. We tend to fear that which we do not know. You seem to be the exception to that rule. The allowing of different types of people to teach would eliminate the fear or at least reduce it in that the exposure it self would provide a bit of inoculation to that which is feared. Pregnancy is not to be feared nor is homosexuality, THEY ARE FACTS OF LIFE plain and simple. if the child has a problem with it then the parents have the duty of teaching the kidlets about those things. The protection of the children often has negative longer lasting consequences than an earlier exposure. Different people with different values do exist, unless we are willing to eliminate everyone how does not think like you or dress like you or looks like you or have the same values as you, wouldn't the prudent path be to educate? Wouldn't the prudent path be to discuss and foster critical thinking in the spawn? A common mistake in parenting is the use of the phrase "because I said so".

Everyone....this is what is the problem. These people constantly want to teach values to our kids that the parents don't want them to learn.

Keep this post in mind because this is exactly the reason why homeschooling exists.

Last edited:
Sen. Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

In addition to reiterating anti-choice talking points on abortion and backing "traditional marriage," according to the Spartanburg Herald-Journal, the senator went further and "said if someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend -- she shouldn't be in the classroom."

Controversy over DeMint's position on this issue first arose in 2004 during a Senate debate, when he was asked whether he agreed with the state party's platform that said openly gay teachers should be barred from teaching public school. DeMint said he agreed with that position because government shouldn't be endorsing certain behaviors.
"(When I said those things,) no one came to my defense," DeMint said on Friday in Spartanburg. "But everyone would come to me and whisper that I shouldn't back down. They don't want government purging their rights and their freedom to religion."
There are so many things wrong with his statements that I don't even know where to begin criticizing them.
Is he okay with unmarried men that sleep with their girlfriends? How about unmarried fathers?

All teachers , male and female, should be virgins. And then if they get married and want to start a family, they need to quit because teachers can't teach and raise their children at the same time.

Geez Ravi! :cuckoo:

Sen. Jim DeMint: Gays And Unmarried, Pregnant Women Should Not Teach Public School

There are so many things wrong with his statements that I don't even know where to begin criticizing them.
Is he okay with unmarried men that sleep with their girlfriends? How about unmarried fathers?

All teachers , male and female, should be virgins. And then if they get married and want to start a family, they need to quit because teachers can't teach and raise their children at the same time.

Geez Ravi! :cuckoo:
But he is only concerned with women and gays. Why could that possibly be?

I teach with a handful of teachers that are gay, they are wonderful teachers and the students don't know they are gay, just like they don't know what the single teachers do in their private life.
It's not like the teachers are going to come into class Monday morning and share with their students,

"Hey, I got so buzzed Saturday night! I made out with another girl and then smoked a little one hit, then I had sex with my boyfriend. Now, get out you math book and turn to page 37."

Calm down people.

You just proved my point. Telling kids about your sex-life is going over the line. It doesn't matter what it is. Kids don't need to be taught about that sort of thing regardless how much the Gay-rights community wants it.

Another thing to take into consideration. The unwed mothers issue. How do you explain to kids when you start showing? They're gonna ask. Kids are curious.

Mebbe we could start storing unwed moms in Mammoth Cave, along with their kiddies?

Is the calendar at your house reading 1951, mudwhistle? Did you think "Pleasantville" was a documentary?

Sorry if I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to kids. Kids rely on us to protect them...not expose them to the evils and confusion of the world.

I believe what I believe. I don't force my beliefs down anyone's throat. I accept other viewpoints....but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

Maybe that is because you are "comfortably numb". Teachers are role models. If they want to display behaviors that are against the taxpayers' (parents') beliefs or morals, they should not be supported by tax dollars. If they want to run their own schools and display those behaviors, go for it! Use free enterprise to push your beliefs, not my tax dollars.

So what about the parents who support gay rights? Should the teachers who agree with DeMint be barred from teaching in public schools?

Are those parents going to be given class time to "push" their agenda? Are the teachers that agree with DeMint going to "push" that agenda?

So where, exactly, are unmarried parents, who teach, given time to 'push their agenda', whatever that means?

You just proved my point. Telling kids about your sex-life is going over the line. It doesn't matter what it is. Kids don't need to be taught about that sort of thing regardless how much the Gay-rights community wants it.

Another thing to take into consideration. The unwed mothers issue. How do you explain to kids when you start showing? They're gonna ask. Kids are curious.

Mebbe we could start storing unwed moms in Mammoth Cave, along with their kiddies?

Is the calendar at your house reading 1951, mudwhistle? Did you think "Pleasantville" was a documentary?

Sorry if I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to kids. Kids rely on us to protect them...not expose them to the evils and confusion of the world.

I believe what I believe. I don't force my beliefs down anyone's throat. I accept other viewpoints....but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

That is an excellent POV for a parent who send his children to a public school, mudwhistle.

Yes, I know they want to run "public" schools. That might explain why more people are home-schooling their children. They don't want their children being taught "immorality" and atheism religion at school.

The only time atheism is taught in public schools is in a comparative religion elective, alongside other religions. Teaching students that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old--not 6,000--is not teaching atheism.

Morality is relative. There are 164,000 posts in the Religion and Ethics forum for a reason.

logical4u is almost as ironic a username as Truthmatters.

Calm down people.

your density rivals that of a black hole.

Yes, I know they want to run "public" schools. That might explain why more people are home-schooling their children. They don't want their children being taught "immorality" and atheism religion at school.

The only time atheism is taught in public schools is in a comparative religion elective, alongside other religions. Teaching students that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old--not 6,000--is not teaching atheism.

Morality is relative. There are 164,000 posts in the Religion and Ethics forum for a reason.

Should we tell unlogical4U that my daughter is taking a Bible Lit class right now in her public school, or will that make her head explode? :confused:

Should we tell unlogical4U that my daughter is taking a Bible Lit class right now in her public school, or will that make her head explode? :confused:

Only if that Bible Lit is taught by a single mom. Then that would be a golden opportunity her illogical4u to play the "halp, I'm a persecuted Christian" card. If it worked under Nero, it can work under Obama.

Got to love the Republicans of today...

Health Insurance is an intrusion on our personal lives but they can't stay out of our bedrooms

mudwhistle wrote:

So how do you explain my lack of prejudice against Gays? I didn't find out about that stuff till I was in my late teens. I didn't hear about it much at all till I joined the military.

I don't want to keep Gays out of the classroom but I'm also not gonna make sure there is equal representation by Gays and heteros ether.

I explain it this way. You were older when you finally got "the news" and you have a good heart. Hate just doesn't suit you; it is not your normal condition. But across time and across Planet Earth, about 10% of all adults are not heterosexual, mudwhistle. You really think there were no GLBT people in Mayberry RFD?

BTW, no one is suggesting we require half of all new teaching positions be filled by GLBT people...where do you get these notions, dahlin'?

The notion comes from this diversity requirement I keep seeing.

I know now that it existed but I also know that when I went to a public restroom when I was a kid I didn't have to worry about gazers. It just never happened. I go into the service and spent an evening in downtown San Diego and my first visit to a public restroom gave me an education on it.

Maybe it was your slightly too tight leather hot pants that attracted the attention.

The larger question for DeMint...

Should unmarried men who get women pregnant be allowed to teach public school??

I wouldn't be very happy if an unmarried teacher of my daughter came up pregnant. As far as Gays, I don't care, as long as they don't flaunt it.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I don't want a knocked up teacher teaching my daughter.

Forum List

Back