Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel

Only in the Israel discussion can you say the country's leader made a wrong discussion and have that interpretted as you hating Hanukah.

why do you keep saying things like that? no one has said you "hate hanukah" or anything like that.

it is clear, however, that when terrorists are the only group in history who lost land because they were aggressors in war, and you and your bretheran think they should get a pass and a free do-over... then something is operating other than normal assessments.

i'm sorry if you think that's unfair. but it's pretty clear to most of us who care about the issue.

The Palestinians went to Europe and attacked Israel? The Palestinians were driven out of their homes. How can you attack from your home?

Chris Whitman, a US citizens studying at Hebrew University, was filming mass protests that take place every Friday in opposition to illegal Israeli land confiscations. Last Friday's demonstration were larger than normal due to annual remembrances of the 1948 Palestinian exodus, al Nakba.

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus (Arabic: الهجرة الفلسطينية*, al-Hijra al-Filasṭīnīya), also known as Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah), meaning the 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or "cataclysm",[1] occurred when approximately 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the Civil War that preceded it.[2]

"The exact number of actual refugees is a matter of dispute, depending upon the source. [3]

"Although some authors, such as Ilan Pappé, describe this exodus a forced deportation or ethnic cleansing,[4][3] others see it from a different perspective. Mark Tessler, in his History of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, says, 'The reasons for this mass exodus....were and to some extent remain the subject of fundamental disagreement between Arabs and Israelis.'

"He uses the words of UN mediator Bernadotte, who said that the Palestinians became refugees 'in response to 'the hazards and strategy of the armed conflict' swirling around them.'"[5]"

Israeli Troops Shoot U.S. Student in Head with High-Velocity Tear Gas Canister

This so-called "Nakba" or "mass exodus" of 700,000 arabs which is falsely depicted as "ethnic cleansing" or with other derogatory propaganda terms today.....was simply the result of a year-long war between the Arabs and the Israelis....a war started by the Arabs....and won by the Israelis....

In 1947, the British government withdrew from the Mandate of Palestine, stating it was unable to arrive at a solution acceptable to both Arabs and Jews.[68] The newly created United Nations approved the Partition Plan for Palestine (United Nations General Assembly Resolution 181) on November 29, 1947, which sought to divide the country into two states—one Arab and one Jewish. Jerusalem was to be designated an international city—a corpus separatum—administered by the UN.[69]

The Jewish community accepted the plan,[70] but the Arab League and Arab Higher Committee rejected it.[71] On December 1, 1947, the Arab Higher Committee proclaimed a three-day strike, and Arab bands began attacking Jewish targets.[72] Jews were initially on the defensive as civil war broke out, but they gradually moved onto the offensive.[73] The Palestinian Arab economy collapsed and 250,000 Palestinian-Arabs fled or were expelled.[74]

On May 14, 1948, the day before the expiration of the British Mandate, the Jewish Agency proclaimed independence, naming the country Israel.[75] The following day, the armies of four Arab countries—Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq—attacked Israel, launching the 1948 Arab–Israeli War;[76][77] Saudi Arabia sent a military contingent to operate under Egyptian command; Yemen declared war but did not take military action.[78] After a year of fighting, a ceasefire was declared and temporary borders, known as the Green Line, were established.[79] Jordan annexed what became known as the West Bank and East Jerusalem, and Egypt took control of the Gaza Strip. About 700,000 Palestinian refugees were expelled or fled the country during the conflict.

Israel was accepted as a member of the United Nations by majority vote on May 11, 1949.[

Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Al Nakba was a culmination of a settler process whose original aim has not changed in over a hundred years, namely to transfer the indigenous Arabs of Palestine and replace them with Zionist Jews from other countries.

In December of 1947, Palestinians comprised two-thirds of the population (down from 90% at the beginning of the British Mandate in 1923)

"At the beginning of the cleansing operations, Palestinians (also) owned about 97% of the land. As a result of the ethnic cleansing operations, 531 Palestinian villages were erased; more than 86% of the indigenous Palestinian population was destroyed, expelled, or became displaced.

"Thus only 14-15% of the indigenous Palestinian population (about 130,000 * 150,000) remained in their homeland, while the rest became displaced and homeless refugees."

Khalil Nakhleh: Al Nakba of 1948

At the very least you should ask what moral authority the British or the UN had to impose a Jewish state upon a people that was two-thirds non-Jewish in 1947.

But its' true.
No one gets their panties in a wad over Indonesia. No one campaigns for cutting funding to Indonesia. No one protests Indonesian speakers at universities. No one is concerned with how Indonesians treat ethnic minorities in the country.
So why is Israel different?
Anti-semitism is the ugly reason.

Good point, because Indonesia and Israel get equal coverage in american news, yet for some reason people speak against the Israeli government more.

I can't turn on the news without hearing some Indonesia story, where are all the threads?!?!?!?! People aren't starting Indonesia threads cuz they're Jew haters!!!!!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

So whether a country gets news coverage or not should determine whether people are in favor of it? WHo's the crazy one here?
Indonesia is a major country. It has a population far larger than Israel. It has the largest Muslim population in the world.
And yet no one gets worked up over Indonesia or aid to them?
Ditto with the Philippines. Even though the Philippines was a U.S. territory and we had a military base there for almost 100 years. But no one gets worked up over aid to the Philippines.
Gee, why is that?
What is it about a tiny country in the middle east with no oil that causes some people to become apoplectic at their very name? Which other country was referred to by a Euro diplomat as "that shitty little country"?
Hmm, I think I'm on the right track here.
The divide and conquer track?

"Sir Ronald Storrs, the first Governor of Jerusalem, certainly had no illusions about what a 'Jewish homeland' in Palestine meant for the British Empire: 'It will form for England,” he said, 'a little loyal Jewish Ulster in a sea of potentially hostile Arabism.'

"Storrs’ analogy was no accident. Ireland was where the English invented the tactic of divide and conquer, and where the devastating effectiveness of using foreign settlers to drive a wedge between the colonial rulers and the colonized made it a template for worldwide imperial rule."

Divide and Conquer as Imperial Rules | FPIF

I haven't looked it up, but didn't Israel announce an extension to the settlement building process mere days before a state visit from the US?
Knowing the US stance on that subject, and still accepting 2-3 billion dollars a year in aid, how damned arrogant can you be?

And then they complain about a perceived 'snub' from the Whitehouse during the reciprocal visit which just shows the Israeli inability to relate cause and effect.

If they can't show any respect to their greatest friend and benefactor, how are they ever going to relate to their neighbours?

Plans to build a building in your own damn capital is not arrogant.

What was arrogant was that mother fucker Obama who made such a major stink about it and treated Israel so poorly during their visit, while bowing to his arab leaders.

The most critical region in the world. We are fighting 2 wars in that region and folks want us not to defend the only ally we have in that region.
Scary.

Our only ally? Incorrect

And why is Israeli security my responsibility as a US taxpayer?

Wouldn't that be the responsibility, of say, and i know this sounds crazy, the Israeli taxpayer?

Who else is our ally over there?
The Saudis? The nation where the majority of the 911 terrorists came from. The nation that funds the terrorist groups.
How many Isrealis strap bombs on, walk into kindergartens and hospitals and kill folks?
The Israelis are the ONLY allies we have in the middle east.
Wake up. Why else do we fund Isreal? Because they are Jewish?:cuckoo:

It's only right...they've got to make it a fair fight.

are you kidding or just plain damn stupid? Israel has a population of what? now campare that to the muslim population that surrounds them with hatred and bullshit.

Yeah, see, that's what I can't understand.
If I were surrounded by crowds of pissed off natives, the last thing I would be doing would be poking my tongue at them and giving them the finger.

the israelis are natives, too. the fact that you lie and imply they aren't is pretty goofy.

now how about looking at it APPROPRIATELY... which is if you were surrounded by groups of people who want to murder your children, you'd do everything possible to blow them off the face of the planet.

israel has shown beyond unusual restraint under the circumstances.

The most critical region in the world. We are fighting 2 wars in that region and folks want us not to defend the only ally we have in that region.
Scary.
What exactly does this so called Ally do for us ??

Intelligence.
Ever heard of the Cold War? What side funded all of the Arabs there. Begins with a R. What country was fighting the Soviet Bloc. Begins with The United States of America. What country wanted to disrupt the oil supply to the west and strand Cadillacs in Detroit? Begins with a R.
A little history lesson on intelligence and what the Isrealis have done for us as an ally for over 50 years:
The 1967 war the Isrealis kicked the shit out of your invading buddies and captured many Soviet Bloc weapons. Take a guess who ended up with those weapons and who gave them to us. The US and Isreal. That is what allies do.
The Isrealis captured a damn ENTIRE squadron of captured MIG-21s and gave them to us and you claim with a straight face they are not our ally?
Along with SAM missles and capabilities both tracking and deployment from captured SAM2s and 12s. Soviet modern T-54 battle tanks captured and turned over to us. Brand new as the Arabs parked them and ran.
Since 1967 Isreal has turned over captured Soviet Bloc weapons, and many others, from wars in 1967, 1979, 1973, 1982, 1990 and 2006.
Isreal uses many US technologies in their wars that were proven effective BY THEM in live combat. What better way to test weapons?
The President of General Dynamics stated that our alliance with Isreal and the Isreali Air Force was responsible for over 600 improvements in the F-16 fighter.
It was best said by an assistant to Henry Kissinger, (ever heard of him?), Joe Sisco asst. Secretary of State in the 70s to Isreali author and military historian for a book about the Isreali/US alliance "I want to assure you and all Isrealis and everyone that if the United States was not getting full value for our money, Isreal would not get a red cent from us."
Intelligence. Who do you think gets us the best intel in that region. The Arabs?
Who gives us the best training on terrorism and fighting terrosim in the world? The Arabs?
Isreal and Isreal. The best and only ally we have in that region. None of the others are to be trusted now.
I see change. I see Arabs being our allies and if they do and Isreal balks at that then I will be the first to condemn Isreal for it.

Last edited:
You can't argue with SunniMan. ANy evidence that doesnt support his position is just a Zionist plot.
He is a paranoid schizophrenic with a low IQ. Best to ignore.

are you kidding or just plain damn stupid? Israel has a population of what? now campare that to the muslim population that surrounds them with hatred and bullshit.

Yeah, see, that's what I can't understand.
If I were surrounded by crowds of pissed off natives, the last thing I would be doing would be poking my tongue at them and giving them the finger.

the israelis are natives, too. the fact that you lie and imply they aren't is pretty goofy.

now how about looking at it APPROPRIATELY... which is if you were surrounded by groups of people who want to murder your children, you'd do everything possible to blow them off the face of the planet.

israel has shown beyond unusual restraint under the circumstances.

It is true that Palestinian natives consisted of Muslims, Christians, and Jews. However, all of them, including the Jews, were opposed to the Zionist takeover of Palestine.

BTW, there was an amicable relationship among the different religions in Palestine.

Last edited:
I haven't looked it up, but didn't Israel announce an extension to the settlement building process mere days before a state visit from the US?
Knowing the US stance on that subject, and still accepting 2-3 billion dollars a year in aid, how damned arrogant can you be?

And then they complain about a perceived 'snub' from the Whitehouse during the reciprocal visit which just shows the Israeli inability to relate cause and effect.

If they can't show any respect to their greatest friend and benefactor, how are they ever going to relate to their neighbours?

What was arrogant was that mother fucker Obama who made such a major stink about it and treated Israel so poorly during their visit, while bowing to his arab leaders.

It wasn't in the capital though, they were building new settlements.
Despite that...to annoy your bestest mate by embarrassing them like that is hard to understand.
Or am I being too sensitive.

UN resolution 181 called for Jerusalem to be a UN run city. Did Israel win Jerusalem from the UN in a defensive war?

Scary.

Our only ally? Incorrect

Wouldn't that be the responsibility, of say, and i know this sounds crazy, the Israeli taxpayer?

The Saudis? The nation where the majority of the 911 terrorists came from. The nation that funds the terrorist groups.
How many Isrealis strap bombs on, walk into kindergartens and hospitals and kill folks?

How many Palestinians have done that?

Please provide links.

Lol some of you kids are really cute.

I could provide a thousand links showing videos of Israeli soldiers using human shields, Israeli soldiers admittiing to using human shields, and human rights groups claiming they do and you'd all still cover your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and start shouting "LALALALALALLA" and claim it as a lie.

And no Jillian I'm not siding with terrorists by pointing out that the IDF ALSO (meaning them and the terrorists, not just them) kill innocent civilians.

I repeat, AGAIN, BOTH sides are wrong. I can't help that so many people have this crazy Disney type of mythological view of Israel in their brains.

Scary.

Our only ally? Incorrect

I see, another man who's proud that we're taxed more in order to give money to foreign countries.

"Hooray taxes! Hooray debt! We have so much money and such a big surplus here let's throw millions and billions and kagillions of dollars to other countries! We don't need it!"

Our only ally? Incorrect

I see, another man who's proud that we're taxed more in order to give money to foreign countries.

"Hooray taxes! Hooray debt! We have so much money and such a big surplus here let's throw millions and billions and kagillions of dollars to other countries! We don't need it!"

$3B to help attain our goals in the world is an investment. It would also run this government for about 20 minutes.
Red herring argument.

Lol some of you kids are really cute.

I could provide a thousand links showing videos of Israeli soldiers using human shields, Israeli soldiers admittiing to using human shields, and human rights groups claiming they do and you'd all still cover your eyes, put your fingers in your ears and start shouting "LALALALALALLA" and claim it as a lie.

And no Jillian I'm not siding with terrorists by pointing out that the IDF ALSO (meaning them and the terrorists, not just them) kill innocent civilians.

I repeat, AGAIN, BOTH sides are wrong. I can't help that so many people have this crazy Disney type of mythological view of Israel in their brains.

israelis don't use innocents as shields. that is an outright lie. and if you have evidence of that which doesn't come from terrorist supporters, feel free to bring it.

again... you didn't say "kill" innocents. you said israelis use innocents as SHIELDS.

and yes, innocent people get killed when hamas puts their weaponry over civilians. sad fact of life. but they could always avoid it by not firing missiles into israel.

even white rats learn.

Our only ally? Incorrect

How many Palestinians have done that?

Please provide links.

How many Isrealis do it?
Are you stupid or something? Palestenian militants USE THEIR OWN children to strap on suicide bombs to attack military and civilian targets.
If you do not know that you are Lost In Space.
Ever heard of Hamas and Hezbollah?
Most suicide bombers chosen by the Palestinians are 18-21 and younger.

Forum List

Back