Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel

May 12, 2011
SoCal
By LAURA MECKLER
Jewish donors and fund-raisers are warning the Obama re-election campaign that the president is at risk of losing financial support because of concerns about his handling of Israel.

The complaints began early in President Barack Obama's term, centered on a perception that Mr. Obama has been too tough on Israel.

Some Jewish donors say Mr. Obama has pushed Israeli leaders too hard to halt construction of housing settlements in disputed territory, a longstanding element of U.S. policy. Some also worry that Mr. Obama is putting more pressure on the Israelis than the Palestinians to enter peace negotiations, and say they are disappointed Mr. Obama has not visited Israel yet.

One top Democratic fund-raiser, Miami developer Michael Adler, said he urged Obama campaign manager Jim Messina to be "extremely proactive" in countering the perception in the Jewish community that Mr. Obama is too critical of Israel.

Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel - WSJ.com

Last edited by a moderator:
By LAURA MECKLER
Jewish donors and fund-raisers are warning the Obama re-election campaign that the president is at risk of losing financial support because of concerns about his handling of Israel.

The complaints began early in President Barack Obama's term, centered on a perception that Mr. Obama has been too tough on Israel.

Some Jewish donors say Mr. Obama has pushed Israeli leaders too hard to halt construction of housing settlements in disputed territory, a longstanding element of U.S. policy. Some also worry that Mr. Obama is putting more pressure on the Israelis than the Palestinians to enter peace negotiations, and say they are disappointed Mr. Obama has not visited Israel yet.

One top Democratic fund-raiser, Miami developer Michael Adler, said he urged Obama campaign manager Jim Messina to be "extremely proactive" in countering the perception in the Jewish community that Mr. Obama is too critical of Israel.

Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel - WSJ.com

Umm, how much does the US give to Israel each year?
And with f&^k all strings attached too as far as I can see.

Attachments

• $simpsons-israel.jpg
    $simpsons-israel.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:

How much does the Government give to all those Muslim Terrorist countries?

Unfortunately for those Muslim Terrorist countries, much of what your Government spends on them is distributed in the form of high explosive.

"Israeli Troops Shoot U.S. Student in Head with High-Velocity Tear Gas Canister

"I was shot at close range with a high-velocity metal tear gas canister... When it hit me, it tore off a part of my scalp," says Christopher Whitman, a 25-year-old American student and activist who was seriously injured when he was shot by Israeli forces while attending a West Bank protest on Friday.

"At the time of the shooting, Whitman was recording video of the weekly nonviolent protest against the Israeli separation wall in the West Bank. Several Palestinians were also injured during the protest."

Not that Obama or any other Republican or Democrat occupying the White House will ever hold Israel accountable for its occupation of Palestine.

Israeli Troops Shoot U.S. Student in Head with High-Velocity Tear Gas Canister

Powerful lobby, without doubt.

Hey, that's what we get when the SCOTUS decides that money = FREE SPEECH.

and how much do we give the saudies? and the pals? and egypt?

but the anti-israel types only whine about israel.

I'd say that you get more in return from the Saudis and such.
The Israelis take your money and tell you piss off.

and how much do we give the saudies? and the pals? and egypt?

but the anti-israel types only whine about israel.

Most of the money we give to the "Palestinians" is for our militias who arrest innocent Palestinians.

We should not give the terrorist state of Israel one single penny.

Israel is not our 51st State.

But many Americans and our government act like it is.

In reality they are not our friend but our worst enemy. :evil:

I wouldn't call Israel an enemy, it's more like a whore John relationship. She wants the money up front and refuses to kiss us.

I wouldn't call Israel an enemy, it's more like a whore John relationship. She wants the money up front and refuses to kiss us.

At least you're discussing something you know something about. For a change.
The US sends about 2B a year. Most of that is spent in the U.S. on supplies, some of it comes with that very stipulation. That pales in comparison to the money the US sends Egypt (2nd largest recipient), the Palestinians, and other freaks of nature.
Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and therefore a natural ally.
Israel funnels lots of intel back to the US on mid-east happenings. It also provides a test ground for many of our weapons systems.
Those calling fr cutting off aid are motivated by jew-hatred. There is no other rational reason.

The US sends about 2B a year. Most of that is spent in the U.S. on supplies, some of it comes with that very stipulation. That pales in comparison to the money the US sends Egypt (2nd largest recipient), the Palestinians, and other freaks of nature.
Israel funnels lots of intel back to the US on mid-east happenings. It also provides a test ground for many of our weapons systems.
Those calling fr cutting off aid are motivated by jew-hatred. There is no other rational reason.

We give a lot of money in the ME. The money we give to Egypt is to benefit Israel. The money we give to Jordan is to benefit Israel. The money we give to Lebanon is to benefit Israel. The money we give to the Palestinians is to benefit Israel.

All that money is welfare to Israel.

only to jew-haters.

but no worries.

and if you want to talk whore/john relationships, it's the pals who want money for screwing us. so your analogy, like your brain, is a fail.

Last edited:

What topic have I been wrong about? I'm all for aid but against military aid for any country. And I disagree cutting funding is motivated by hate.

We give a lot of money in the ME. The money we give to Egypt is to benefit Israel. The money we give to Jordan is to benefit Israel. The money we give to Lebanon is to benefit Israel. The money we give to the Palestinians is to benefit Israel.

All that money is welfare to Israel.

Gee Jillian you give me a negative rep on this post and it is the absolute truth.

Why do you hate the truth?

Israel is not an ally. Allies fight alongside you in time of war. When's the last time Israel did that?

Israel is a net detriment to American interests. Our dependence on Mideast oil and the influence of the Israel lobby are the dual roots of all of our tragic entanglements in that region.

Forum List

Back