I love this guy!

Years ago we had a little Mom & Pop hole-in-the-wall pizza joint the next town over and it was just great. You could go in, order a beer and a couple large slices and it was pizza heaven.

Nothing like that around now that even compares.

And what is up with that burned-up NY-style pizza everyone raves about....What, is the charring supposed to add something?

Years ago we had a little Mom & Pop hole-in-the-wall pizza joint the next town over and it was just great. You could go in, order a beer and a couple large slices and it was pizza heaven.

Nothing like that around now that even compares.

And what is up with that burned-up NY-style pizza everyone raves about....What, is the charring supposed to add something?
I personally don't care for thin crust. I'm good with a decent breading. A few years back there was an old Italian guy here in town who ran a small pizza shop like forever who had a butter-basil crust that was so good you could just enjoy eating the crust with nothing on it!

He only used imported cheeses... A three blend of Mozz, Asiago and NY cheddar ( I assume the cheddar was domestic)....OHHHHH man!
He retired and I have been unhappy with all pizza products since. Lol.

There was a mom and pop pizza joint just outside the back gate at Ft Drum in Upstate NY that had Calzones that where unbelievably good. That was 20 years ago and I still haven't had one from anywhere else that could compare.

Yep... years ago we had several small pizza places that made great pizza.
But first came a Pizza Hut... then a Little Ceasers...then a Dominoes, Papa Johns.
Every single independent pizza shop here is gone.

Forum List

Back