Jett Travolta Dies at age 16

it is very sad that travolta put his religion...scientology before medical care and openess about what was wrong with the boy....he and his wife preferred the boy stagnate rather than go against their religious beliefs

it is always a cruel trick of nature when you outlive your child

What a sad, sad tragedy. My heart goes out to his parents and family.

it is very sad that travolta put his religion...scientology before medical care and openess about what was wrong with the boy....he and his wife preferred the boy stagnate rather than go against their religious beliefs

You know this how?

This situation is quite sad, makes it worse considering how nice of a person John is.

Only helps you realize that money can't always solve all of life's problems or always buy you happiness. I'm sure he'd give everything up to have his son back.

Kawasaki disease. Didn't a USMB poster recently mention that his grandson had that?

This will be a wound that will never heal. Prayers.

Yes, roomy's grandson has Kawasaki Disease. He's better last I heard roomy say, thank God.

You know this how?

good question Allie!

People who make judgements about celebrities lives, thinking they know the inner secrets based on what they read in some rag are pathetic to say the least.

I'm quite certain that his parents would've done everything possible to help this young man. Sometimes tragedies happen....

I'm quite certain that his parents would've done everything possible to help this young man. Sometimes tragedies happen....

Wrong. Scientologists are known for rejecting certain medical treatments because it goes against their religion. Anti-seizure medicines affect the brain, and thus, scientology does not allow it. Pretty much all they allow is treatment for infections (antibiotics and antivirals). Everything else is treated by the giant alien floating in the third dimension, or whatever the fuck those idiots believe.

NASSAU, Bahamas – John Travolta's teenage son, Jett, died in the Bahamas after apparently suffering a seizure and hitting his head at his family's vacation home, authorities said Friday. A house caretaker found Jett, 16, unconscious in a bathroom late Friday morning. He was taken by ambulance to a Freeport hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Police Superintendent Basil Rahming said in a statement.

The teenager had last been seen entering the bathroom on Thursday and had a history of seizures, according to the statement. An autopsy is planned.

Family attorney Michael Ossi said in a statement that Jett died suddenly on Friday. Publicists Samantha Mast and Paul Block released the statement but could not be reached for additional comment.

A local police source said Jett apparently hit his head on the bathtub.

Jett was the oldest child of Travolta, 54, and his wife, actress Kelly Preston, 46, who also have an 8-year-old daughter, Ella Bleu.

Preston has said that Jett became very sick when he was 2 years old and was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease, an illness that leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young children. She blamed household cleaners and fertilizers, and said that a detoxification program based on teachings from the Church of Scientology helped improve his health, according to People magazine.

It is unclear whether Jett was taking any medications for his seizures.

John Travolta's 16-year-old son dies in Bahamas - Yahoo! News

Its very sad for sure.

it is always a cruel trick of nature when you outlive your child

Please don't jump to conclusions. You have no idea what happened. You can only surmize.

What has happened happened and cannot and was not meant to happen any other way.

Now if he were a "religious" freak, like , say a Jehovah Witness, you all would not be claiming his religion had nothing to do with it. Sad indeed, but I suspect Allie is right, these people believe what they do and do not change their belief because a child is sick.

Which by the way, is their right to do. The difference being, of course when God is involved you all demand some one be charged with the death.

Now if he were a "religious" freak, like , say a Jehovah Witness, you all would not be claiming his religion had nothing to do with it. Sad indeed, but I suspect Allie is right, these people believe what they do and do not change their belief because a child is sick.

Which by the way, is their right to do. The difference being, of course when God is involved you all demand some one be charged with the death.

Wrong. I don't care what religion you are. If someone is having seizures, there are medicines proven to help treat them. It is negligence to not provide your children with proper medical care, regardless of your reasons for such. If the kid died of starvation because the parents couldn't afford to feed it, the entire country would be in an uproar. There is no difference, in my eyes. Food treats starvation. Medicine treats seizures.

Wrong. I don't care what religion you are. If someone is having seizures, there are medicines proven to help treat them. It is negligence to not provide your children with proper medical care, regardless of your reasons for such. If the kid died of starvation because the parents couldn't afford to feed it, the entire country would be in an uproar. There is no difference, in my eyes. Food treats starvation. Medicine treats seizures.
The kid should have been something like depakote! When your child has something like this who do whatever you have to do to make sure they stay alive. No religion would ever stop me from getting whatever medical care they need!

And yet, Travolta's religion forbids that medicine and no one seems to care.

witnesses seek medical treatment ..they do not accept blood...that religion has been prominent in research that produces non blood products for medical treatments...jw's do this due to a verse of the bible about not exchanging blood..but they do not ignore their child's illness for scientology like treatments or cleansings...bone marrow transplants are up to the individual person....it all depends on what the old men in new york decide.

Forum List

Back