Zone1 Jesus will not be a victim when He returns... just the opposite (Mt 21:33)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
Mt 21:33--Douay Rheims Bible (best version of all)

Comments:

The first part of this thread is for CONTEXT

The highlighted (in green) is the part most apropos of the thread title, namely how Jesus will come as "the lion of Judah" next time, not as a victim

Hear ye another parable. There was a man an householder, who planted a vineyard, and made a hedge round about it, and dug in it a press, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen; and went into a strange country.

34 And when the time of the fruits drew nigh, he sent his servants to the husbandmen that they might receive the fruits thereof.

35 And the husbandmen laying hands on his servants, beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36 Again he sent other servants more than the former; and they did to them in like manner.

37 And last of all he sent to them his son, saying: They will reverence my son.

38 But the husbandmen seeing the son, said among themselves: This is the heir: come, let us kill him, and we shall have his inheritance.

39 And taking him, they cast him forth out of the vineyard, and killed him.

40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do to those husbandmen?

41 They say to him: He will bring those evil men to an evil end; and will let out his vineyard to other husbandmen, that shall render him the fruit in due season.

42 Jesus saith to them: Have you never read in the Scriptures: The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? By the Lord this has been done; and it is wonderful in our eyes.

43 Therefore I say to you, that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and shall be given to a nation yielding the fruits thereof.

44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone, shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it shall grind him to powder.

45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they knew that he spoke of them.

46 And seeking to lay hands on him, they feared the multitudes: because they held him as a prophet.

Every attempt by Christians should deserve an answer.

Respectfully, he's not coming back.

And that deserves some explanations on how the human experiment will end, and when?
Jesus is not coming back

So say the wishful - thinking liberals

OK, we should listen to them instead of Jesus

:rolleyes:

Revelation 5​

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition​

5 And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne, a book written within and without, sealed with seven seals.
2 And I saw a strong angel, proclaiming with a loud voice: Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
3 And no man was able, neither in Heaven, nor on earth, nor under the earth, to open the book, nor to look on it.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open the book, nor to see it.
5 And one of the ancients said to me: Weep not; behold the lion of the tribe of Juda, the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

[emphasis mine]

Comments

Jesus is descended, on the human side, from King David, who was the one who first thought of building a "House of God" for the Ark of the Covenant to reside in (the Ark of the C was where God descended to speak to the people, first through Moses..).

Today, that "House of God" is called Christ's Church, the Catholic Church.

Jesus is not coming back

So say the wishful - thinking liberals

OK, we should listen to them instead of Jesus

:rolleyes:
The biggest factor that is leading the charge away from Christianity in America is the Catholic church that has accepted Darwinian evolution. There can't possibly be any greater sin to the literally believing faithful and none of the attempts to reconcile that with creation have worked.

It's not a liberal or conservative political issue and politics won't solve the problem.

possible temporary solution: Create a new catholic religion for Americans?

The biggest factor that is leading the charge away from Christianity in America is the Catholic church that has accepted Darwinian evolution.
For one thing, I haven't heard anything from the Vatican (partly bc I am not paying much attention to "them" anymore) about the Church OFFICIALLY accepting Darwinism, so there's that

(for starters)

I see how Donald H has not gotten back to me with info or alleged info RE the Catholic Church accepting Darwinism.

Look like same old same old: just another LIE to further a liberal agenda..

Gee... how shocking... I can't believe a LIBERAL would make up stuff!

sarcasm alert

I see how Donald H has not gotten back to me with info or alleged info RE the Catholic Church accepting Darwinism.

Look like same old same old: just another LIE to further a liberal agenda..

Gee... how shocking... I can't believe a LIBERAL would make up stuff!

sarcasm alert
Only an American would need to prove the point.

As a Canadian, I don't need to prove it, and so that gives me the advantage of only needing to say

Go away now with the question stickin in yer craw!

Only an American would need to prove the point.

As a Canadian, I don't need to prove it, and so that gives me the advantage of only needing to say

Go away now with the question stickin in yer craw!

:auiqs.jpg:

Thanks for confirming my point!

These liberals really think they get to us Christians!

Why would LIES get to us? All we have to do is swat them away

like the pesky flies they are

Judean-Christian eschatology never did come true because it is the prophecy of the pizzed-off wanting revenge.

You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content

Nah... I haven't heard of Buffoon-glow repenting of his liberalism

so I won't click on Show ignored content

Liberals, to me, appear to be a waste of time. But hey... I hear God loves everyone. I hope Buffooner turns to Him.... and If God loves him, so do I... so I pray he finds that best of all "things"

Jesus (his Church)

Anything and everything mentioned in the Catholic bibles that isn't consistent with Darwinian evolution, is on hold as to it being literally true or otherwise.

This naturally includes any mention of a man living in the belly of a big fish for three days, for example. The reason for the hold on the contents of the bibles.

Christians are widely divided in their opinions on what in the bibles is to be considered to be the literal word of god.

This is a necessary cleansing process that could take years in finding any agreement among Christians.

Mt 21:33--Douay Rheims Bible (best version of all)

Comments:

The first part of this thread is for CONTEXT

The highlighted (in green) is the part most apropos of the thread title, namely how Jesus will come as "the lion of Judah" next time, not as a victim

Hear ye another parable. There was a man an householder, who planted a vineyard, and made a hedge round about it, and dug in it a press, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen; and went into a strange country.

34 And when the time of the fruits drew nigh, he sent his servants to the husbandmen that they might receive the fruits thereof.

35 And the husbandmen laying hands on his servants, beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.

36 Again he sent other servants more than the former; and they did to them in like manner.

37 And last of all he sent to them his son, saying: They will reverence my son.

38 But the husbandmen seeing the son, said among themselves: This is the heir: come, let us kill him, and we shall have his inheritance.

39 And taking him, they cast him forth out of the vineyard, and killed him.

40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do to those husbandmen?

41 They say to him: He will bring those evil men to an evil end; and will let out his vineyard to other husbandmen, that shall render him the fruit in due season.

42 Jesus saith to them: Have you never read in the Scriptures: The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner? By the Lord this has been done; and it is wonderful in our eyes.

43 Therefore I say to you, that the kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and shall be given to a nation yielding the fruits thereof.

44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone, shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it shall grind him to powder.

45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they knew that he spoke of them.

46 And seeking to lay hands on him, they feared the multitudes: because they held him as a prophet.
Jesus was dead when they took him off the cross. He will not return.

Quote: First, there is no inherent opposition between faith and the scientific evidence that life evolved from lower forms to higher forms over many millions of years.

Anything and everything mentioned in the Catholic bibles that isn't consistent with Darwinian evolution, is on hold as to it being literally true or otherwise.

This naturally includes any mention of a man living in the belly of a big fish for three days, for example. The reason for the hold on the contents of the bibles.

Christians are widely divided in their opinions on what in the bibles is to be considered to be the literal word of god.

This is a necessary cleansing process that could take years in finding any agreement among Christians.
interesting how libs never POST any evidence or purported evidence for what they are saying.

We're just supposed to... ha ha... :auiqs.jpg:

believe them!!

Yep, true story. They think we will just accept it because THEY said it!

Oh my.... clueless

Quote: First, there is no inherent opposition between faith and the scientific evidence that life evolved from lower forms to higher forms over many millions of years.
I don't have time to read all that but read through several paragraphs.

I already knew most of that. After all, I've been Catholic all my life.

I've also been logical nearly all my life... (I say "nearly" because: there were times in my youth... sigh)

Forum List

Back