Jesus saves?

John 3:13

( Jesus was speaking )

Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but that he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

A requirement for entering God's Kingdom.

John 3:1-7

Acts 1:9-11 Close
9 After he had said this, while they were watching, he was lifted up and a cloud hid him from their sight. 10 As they were still staring into the sky while he was going, suddenly two men in white clothing stood near them 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand here looking up into the sky? This same Jesus who has been taken up from you into heaven will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven

I do wonder how the meaning of sin has changed over the years. Sin was, originally, the failure of the Jews to meet up to one of the mitzvot that we are able to live up to that are written for us in the Torah. If we do not obey G-d's laws, we commit sin. We cleanse ourselves of those sins once a year on Yom Kippur.

Would you please provide a link to a reliable source that defines sin in the manner that you mention? I'm also curious why the Jewish people do not atone with blood of animals as originally done by the earlier Jewish people as mentioned frequently in the Torah? Thanks...

Jesus saves you from the knowledge that there is no God. Imagine how terrified you'd all be if you found out you were really on your own.

It can be interperted the way you stated.

But main stream Christianity has a different interpretation as to who the 144'000 are, and their role in the end times.

Certainly there are different interpretations of this, but like any other passages in the Holy Bible it has to be taken in context with the rest of the Holy Bible. The Jehovah Witness and other interpretations are misguided and have little relevence in respect to the rest of the Holy Bible.

The Bible is clear. Jesus provides us a means to be saved from Adam's sin. A means to atone and be admitted into God's Kingdom.

It is further clear, no one has gone to heaven from earth except Jesus. at the end of times when the war is over and Judgement day occurs the 144000 will ascend to heaven and the rest of those found to have been forgiven will live on earth under God's Kingdom run by Jesus and 144000.

Until then the dead rest in the ground. They will be called forth at Judgement Day.

Those found to be evil and wicked will be permanently destroyed. Those found to be wanting but not evil or wicked will be allowed to live on Earth and taught the way.

I'm curious as to what religion of faith you belong to, if you don't mind sharing that information?

Would you please provide a link to a reliable source that defines sin in the manner that you mention? I'm also curious why the Jewish people do not atone with blood of animals as originally done by the earlier Jewish people as mentioned frequently in the Torah? Thanks...
As to your curiousity as to why the Jews dont hold animal sacrifices is that JESUS THE CHIRST WAS THE LAST and FINAL ULTIMATE SACRIFICE, and was rejected by his own people the Jews. Infact the religious Jews wanted Christ killed so bad, that they told Pilot(Roman Govenor,which didnt want to excute Jesus and washed his hands of the murder) that if he'd(Pilot) turn Jesus over to them, and let them kill him, that they would except that Jesus blood will be on their hands(Jews) and the hands of their descendants...and since then the Jews have been the targets of Genocide at least 2 times...maybe trice...
Jesus warned the apostles Matt 24:2 that after his death the temple would be destroyed so bad that not one stone would left on top of another, sometime after Christ crusificixion the Roman government came and laid utter waste to the temple just as Christ prophesied. The Book of Revelation says that the temple will be rebuilt in the last days and the sacrifice resumed.
When Solomans temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem the sacrifice(animal) will be restored most likely on one of the Feast of Tabernacles....

http://bibleprobe.com/rebuildingthetemple.htm

Last edited:
You still didn't answer the question WhiteLion

Which was "why don't the Jews still practice animal sacfifice"?

They(Jews) were scattered to the four winds of the earth for nearly 2000 years from the land of Jerusalem after the destruction of the last temple of Harod(furniture and sacrificial utinsiles were lost as well), sorry failed to mention this before. You cant very well hold sacrificial services if you have nothing or no one to sacifice with?? and the Ark of the Covanent is still missing to date. It hasnt been since the mid 1940s when the Eniac computer was built, atomic bomb was built and Isreal started returning to their homeland after being scattered to the four winds of the earth for 2000 years, is talked about and prophesied in the book of Danial Old Testament, better known as the "budding of the fig tree"(Isreals return to their homeland is nearly finished) and the restoration of the sacrifice, hope this helps you....

Last edited:
Sin, literally means, "To miss the target," from the original hebrew. This, as I learned from taking a Judaic studies class in college, which I'll never forget, and was one of the most enlightening classes I have ever taken. I think it translates today as meaning, 'distance from God.' Many Christian's have taken this way to far. For a bible that, as I believe it, preaches infinite love, acceptance, and forgiveness, many Christians sure do have a lot of hate, intolerance, and are extremely judgemental. That to me is the ultimate paradox, and is the sign that, ironicly, they really have 'missed the target.' Their message is not God's, I believe, but one of humans, which is why it is so flawed.

Just so you know, I do have faith, I just don't follow a religion. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Sin, literally means, "To miss the target," from the original hebrew. This, as I learned from taking a Judaic studies class in college, which I'll never forget, and was one of the most enlightening classes I have ever taken. I think it translates today as meaning, 'distance from God.' Many Christian's have taken this way to far. For a bible that, as I believe it, preaches infinite love, acceptance, and forgiveness, many Christians sure do have a lot of hate, intolerance, and are extremely judgemental. That to me is the ultimate paradox, and is the sign that, ironicly, they really have 'missed the target.' Their message is not God's, I believe, but one of humans, which is why it is so flawed.

Just so you know, I do have faith, I just don't follow a religion. There is a difference.
GODs word is for the sick of heart or soul(sinner) are you like a idiot? One of Christ Jesus greatest commissions was preaching against religious BIGOTS???The BIBLE says JUDGEMENT starts at the house of GOD(DONT JUDGE OTHERS ON ACCOUNTS YOU CANT KEEP). GODs WORD also says forsake not the assembling of the saints(GOTO CHURCH DONT REBEL)....GODs WORD also says religious knowledge pufith up or makes prideful(you think because you got some sort of theological degree that this puts you above the average Christian? lol you sound just like a scribe or a pharisee all puffed up with your phylactery..Your are your own worst paradox.........I can scripturally back all my claims can you???

Last edited:
GODs word is for the sick of heart or soul(sinner) are you like a idiot? One of Christ Jesus greatest commissions was preaching against religious BIGOTS???The BIBLE says JUDGEMENT starts at the house of GOD(DONT JUDGE OTHERS ON ACCOUNTS YOU CANT KEEP). GODs WORD also says forsake not the assembling of the saints(GOTO CHURCH DONT REBEL)....GODs WORD also says knowledge pufith up(you think because you got some sort of theological degree that this puts you above the average Christian lol you sound just like a scribe or a pharisee all puffed up with your phylactery..Your are your own worst paradox.........I can scripturally back all my claims can you???

Fine. Have you're own opinion. That's good. Don't fucking yell at me because you don't agree with what I say. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Right here.

All I have to say to this is, is that the bible was written, and most importantly, EDITED by humans. I believe the true message of the bible is missed. It's not about rules, it's about love, and that's all that matters. I don't care what the heck anyone says. How can you argue with that? Do you really think that God, in all of his infinite wisdom, only vouches for a very select segment of the population, and everyone else is doomed for eternity? C'mon. I think you're missing something in all of this, in my humble opinion.

What about Judiasm and Islam, all vouching for the same God, each thinking theirs is the right way to God. Maybe they are ALL the right way, the important thing being that they have FAITH.

Last edited:
Fine. Have you're own opinion. That's good. Don't fucking yell at me because you don't agree with what I say. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Right here.

All I have to say to this is, is that the bible was written, and most importantly, EDITED by humans. I believe the true message of the bible is missed. It's not about rules, it's about love, and that's all that matters. I don't care what the heck anyone says. How can you argue with that? Do you really think that God, in all of his infinite wisdom, only vouches for a very select segment of the population, and everyone else is doomed for eternity? C'mon. I think you're missing something in all of this, in my humble opinion.

What about Judiasm and Islam, all vouching for the same God, each thinking theirs is the right way to God. Maybe they are ALL the right way, the important thing being that they have FAITH.
You poor soul you do have some serious confusion issues, humble??? lol your about as humble as Hitler... The BIBLE says a tree is known by its fruit and from the looks of this quote your tree's pretty fowl(if it looks like apple, smells like apple, taste like an apple, its probably and apple tree).....Bro Peter said to put off all manner of profanity....You are fallin fruit sent here to confuse and throw off other believers, JESUS said im not the author of confusion.......are you????

Last edited:
You poor soul you do have some serious confusion issues, humble??? lol your about as humble as Hitler... The BIBLE says a tree is known by its fruit and from the looks of this quote your tree's pretty fowl(if it looks like apple, smells like apple, taste like an apple, its probably and apple tree).....Bro Peter said to put off all manner of profanity....You are fallin fruit sent here to confuse and throw off other believers, JESUS said im not the author of confusion.......are you????

The more you say, the more you prove my point. Fair enough about the 'humble' part though. I knew I was going to get slammed for that, and deservedly so.

They(Jews) were scattered to the four winds of the earth for nearly 2000 years from the land of Jerusalem after the destruction of the last temple of Harod(furniture and sacrificial utinsiles were lost as well), sorry failed to mention this before. You cant very well hold sacrificial services if you have nothing or no one to sacifice with?? and the Ark of the Covanent is still missing to date. It hasnt been since the mid 1940s when the Eniac computer was built, atomic bomb was built and Isreal started returning to their homeland after being scattered to the four winds of the earth for 2000 years, is talked about and prophesied in the book of Danial Old Testament, better known as the "budding of the fig tree"(Isreals return to their homeland is nearly finished) and the restoration of the sacrifice, hope this helps you....

I'm aware of what you say, but this tends to be the Christian perspective from which you and I are familiar with. I was curious from the Jewish perspective.

I think it translates today as meaning, 'distance from God.' Many Christian's have taken this way to far. For a bible that, as I believe it, preaches infinite love, acceptance, and forgiveness, many Christians sure do have a lot of hate, intolerance, and are extremely judgemental. That to me is the ultimate paradox, and is the sign that, ironicly, they really have 'missed the target.' Their message is not God's, I believe, but one of humans, which is why it is so flawed.

Granted many Christians show hatred, intolerance and are judgemental, but lots of people claim to be Christians but aren't Walking with Jesus. God judges the heart, not the Talk. I believe God indwells us Christians through the Holy Spirit so there is no 'distance from God' as you suggest except for non-believers.

I am a Christian, I am not following a religion, and as such this means I have a personal relationship with Him, not by following a set of rules and doctrine that is religious in nature. I believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, not edited and collated by man as many have tried to limit it.

Forum List

Back