Jesus saves?

Gurdari

Egaliterra
Feb 2, 2007
the West
Just throwing this out there:

If Jesus offers salvation, or if belief in him will save you - what exactly is it saving your from?

God?

I differ with you on that SNN
we ALL are God's children....(us humans) We were made in the image of Him...both male and female.

care

No argument from me about us being made in the image of Him.

Can I assume you accept the Holy Bible as the Word of God? Is so, read the words of Jesus in John 8:42-44 and the verses prior and after that.

Likewise, I John 3:8-10 and I John 4:4-8

More scripture on this subject can be found in the Holy Bible.

The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16), but that only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; John 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

No argument from me about us being made in the image of Him.

Can I assume you accept the Holy Bible as the Word of God? Is so, read the words of Jesus in John 8:42-44 and the verses prior and after that.

Likewise, I John 3:8-10 and I John 4:4-8

More scripture on this subject can be found in the Holy Bible.

The Bible is clear that all people are God’s creation (Colossians 1:16), but that only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; John 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

yes, I am a Christian....I will read the verses...

But in the meantime, was not Adam, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Exekiel, David, Job etc, not also children of God, yet they had not been "Born Again" according to the terms of Born Again in the new Testament?

also...

Christ died for ALL sins of Mankind, didn't he?

There is dispute among Christians on this subject, those that are Calvinist believe the redemption of Christ is limited to the elect....most other Christians not following Calvin's stance on this limited redemption.. believe that Christ died for us ALL...AS the Bible states. Did Christ Die For All?

care

But in the meantime, was not Adam, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, Exekiel, David, Job etc, not also children of God, yet they had not been "Born Again" according to the terms of Born Again in the new Testament?

also...

Christ died for ALL sins of Mankind, didn't he?

care

Are you familiar with the term "Bosom of Abraham"? I can't provide you a link to some good sources of commentary about this because I'm too new to this forum, but do a google search on the term, check out the referenced Holy Bible scripture. This will lead you to understanding where those such as Abraham, Moses, David, etc. were after they died and until the resurrection of Jesus. I believe they are now in Heaven.

Jesus Christ who was without sin and on the cross took upon Himself ALL of Mankind's sins, past, present and future sin. He died for ALL of mankind (that's every human). We are ALL sinners destined for eternal death, but because of the sacrifice Jesus made, we ALL can be saved and have eternal life through Salvation. It's our choice as to whether we accept this free gift of God. You can't earn your Salvation, you just have to ask for it. There are many references to Sin and Salvation in the Holy Bible and I encourage you to seek out that information. The Book of John in the New Testament is a good place to start. Bottom-line: All of mankinds sins have been forgiven by the shed blood of Christ, all mankind can seek this forgiveness. Most will not :disbelief:, most will deny the diety of Jesus, but we Christians are called to share the Good News. :eusa_angel:

Sin. Satan believes in Jesus, so salvation is not just a "belief in him".

I do wonder how the meaning of sin has changed over the years. Sin was, originally, the failure of the Jews to meet up to one of the mitzvot that we are able to live up to that are written for us in the Torah. If we do not obey G-d's laws, we commit sin. We cleanse ourselves of those sins once a year on Yom Kippur.

The Bible is clear. Jesus provides us a means to be saved from Adam's sin. A means to atone and be admitted into God's Kingdom.

It is further clear, no one has gone to heaven from earth except Jesus. at the end of times when the war is over and Judgement day occurs the 144000 will ascend to heaven and the rest of those found to have been forgiven will live on earth under God's Kingdom run by Jesus and 144000.

Until then the dead rest in the ground. They will be called forth at Judgement Day.

Those found to be evil and wicked will be permanently destroyed. Those found to be wanting but not evil or wicked will be allowed to live on Earth and taught the way.

John 3:13

( Jesus was speaking )

Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but that he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

A requirement for entering God's Kingdom.

John 3:1-7

It is further clear, no one has gone to heaven from earth except Jesus. at the end of times when the war is over and Judgement day occurs the 144000 will ascend to heaven and the rest of those found to have been forgiven will live on earth under God's Kingdom run by Jesus and 144000.
Sounds like either Jehovah Whittness or Mormon theology?

Definitely not main stream Christian theology.

Forum List

Back