Jesus on Marriage...

Do you acknowledge the NT condemns homosexuality, murder, drunkeness, gluttony, etc?

Well... Except that Homosexuality doesn't really count... God didn't really mean that one...

It's Idiocy or Dishonesty.

With del, Ravi and her Sock... It's Dishonesty.

TdM?... Idiocy.

:)

peace...

Yes, it's dishonesty. Nothing new. Jesus told us about wolves in sheep's clothing.

you have yet to prove that the Bible was written by God, or that there is a God.

You aren't God, mal... YOU don't get to quantify your neighbors sins and judge them as disqualified from a relationship with Christ. Condemnation of your neighbor for their sins is in fact an anathema to Christianity... Did you take the short bus to Sunday School too?

Also, since you know I am not Ravi and you continue with that lie, it just makes your self righteous act that much more hypocritical and your thread even more pathetic. Lies are sins too mal, so go find a new religion, huh?

Do you acknowledge the NT condemns homosexuality, murder, drunkeness, gluttony, etc?

I've already acknowledged that sins are mentioned in the Bible. So what?

Do you acknowledge that Mary Magdalene was one who was condemned by her neighbors for her sexual "sins" yet Jesus embraced her and used her to teach a certain specific lesson...?

Actually, and I know I'm just asking for half the board to fall in on my head and possibly sodomize me *I have a video cam, don't go there*;

Sodom & Gomorrah were destroyed for inhospitality. In other words, pretty much what the Republicans are attempting today. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Ezekiel 16:49-60

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. 51 Samaria did not commit half the sins you did. You have done more detestable things than they, and have made your sisters seem righteous by all these things you have done. 52 Bear your disgrace, for you have furnished some justification for your sisters. Because your sins were more vile than theirs, they appear more righteous than you. So then, be ashamed and bear your disgrace, for you have made your sisters appear righteous.

53 “‘However, I will restore the fortunes of Sodom and her daughters and of Samaria and her daughters, and your fortunes along with them, 54 so that you may bear your disgrace and be ashamed of all you have done in giving them comfort. 55 And your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to what they were before; and you and your daughters will return to what you were before. 56 You would not even mention your sister Sodom in the day of your pride, 57 before your wickedness was uncovered. Even so, you are now scorned by the daughters of Edom[e] and all her neighbors and the daughters of the Philistines—all those around you who despise you. 58 You will bear the consequences of your lewdness and your detestable practices, declares the Lord.

59 “‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant. 60 Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you.

Oh, but who is he talking to, about abominations and lewd practices? Not Sodom; he's talking about Sodom. Apparently what the Sodomites did is not addressed in the verse I bolded - and it's still not what you think. No, he accuses JERUSALEM.

He also says the sins of Jerusalem were more vile than those of the Sodomites. Now I know in somebody's mind, I belong over in the Middle East folder. But what happened in Sodom is addressed in verse 49. That was their sin. They were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Gee, does that sound familiar. I should go meditate, see if I can put 2 + 2 together.

Well... Except that Homosexuality doesn't really count... God didn't really mean that one...

TdM?... Idiocy.

peace...

Yes, it's dishonesty. Nothing new. Jesus told us about wolves in sheep's clothing.

you have yet to prove that the Bible was written by God, or that there is a God.

And you have yet to prove you have a brain.

You aren't God, mal... YOU don't get to quantify your neighbors sins and judge them as disqualified from a relationship with Christ. Condemnation of your neighbor for their sins is in fact an anathema to Christianity... Did you take the short bus to Sunday School too?

Also, since you know I am not Ravi and you continue with that lie, it just makes your self righteous act that much more hypocritical and your thread even more pathetic. Lies are sins too mal, so go find a new religion, huh?

Do you acknowledge that Mary Magdalene was one who was condemned by her neighbors for her sexual "sins" yet Jesus embraced her and used her to teach a certain specific lesson...?

They aren't just "mentioned". Scripture says those who practice such things will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Yes, I acknowledge Mary Magdalene was a sinner, but did she continue in her sin?

He also says the sins of Jerusalem were more vile than those of the Sodomites. Now I know in somebody's mind, I belong over in the Middle East folder. But what happened in Sodom is addressed in verse 49. That was their sin. They were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Gee, does that sound familiar. I should go meditate, see if I can put 2 + 2 together.

Why was Sodom destroyed?

TdM?... Idiocy.

peace...

^Don't waste Bandwidth with this Asshat any longer. :thup:

peace...

Every single time that Homosexuality is mentioned in the Old and New Testament it is called Sin and Abomination.

End of List. :thup:

peace...

Every single time that Homosexuality is mentioned in the Old and New Testament it is called Sin and Abomination.

peace...

But you asked about Jesus, so I addressed that.

I'll do it again for the slow readers. That'd be YOU. ;)

stutter.jpg

peace...

stutter.jpg

Yes, it figures you would come up with fake quotes.

Lying made the top ten, mal. How sad for you...

When you call me Ravi, you are lying 100% of the time. :thup:

Notice how the OP is NOT Jesus on Sexuality or Jesus on Homosexuality or Jesus on Sin.

The OP is using God for his political agenda to rationalize discrimination against his fellow Citizens and their committed life partnerships. Notice I get no response to my point that American Citizens are not bound to live up to Christian moral standards.

The OP assertion is that homosexuality is "inconsistent with Christianity" and therefore Christian Americans can not abide civil marriage for homosexual couples. He asserts those who see it differently are being "dishonest" and should "find a new religion".

I mean really mal, WHO do you think you are...?

The OP uses the word Marriage in his title because he is an extremely dishonest poster acting AS IF he was interesting in a rational "discussion" when he really was only interested in thumping certain Bible verses to condemn his fellow Citizens.

Last edited:

peace...

stutter.jpg

Not at the top - and that's what matters. That's what He said. The rest is just noise to prove a point.

stutter.jpg

Not at the top - and that's what matters. That's what He said. The rest is just noise to prove a point.

And from what edition of the Bible did you get that quote?

What you quoted is false through and through. It is pretty pathetic to make up quotes, particularly when concerning Christ's teachings.

And from what edition of the Bible did you get that quote?

What you quoted is false through and through. It is pretty pathetic to make up quotes, particularly when concerning Christ's teachings.

Feed, Clothe, Shelter...the basic "Layman Lessons" from Isaiah 58, Matthew 25, Luke 14, and the book of James. Blessings are guaranteed for those who "get it".

Street Ministry

From Matthew 25.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”

Need more?

Link?

Link?

Yeah, ignore me. I went out and got educated between when I posted, and now.

http://thebiblemeans.blogspot.com/2008/01/where-in-bible-is-mary-magdalene.html

Last edited:
From Matthew 25.

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life. ”

Need more?

So are you saying that Denying Homosexuals Marriage is the same as not giving them food if they are Hungry?...

The Church Assists Homosexuals ALL of the time...

They simply are not going to Condone Homosexuality, say it's not Sin, or give in Sanction in Marriage.

Why are some of you Refusing to get this?

peace...

Forum List

Back