Jesus on Marriage...

John 8:1-11

Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.

^ like wolves in sheep's clothing ^

But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Cast The First Stone - Cast The First Stone Bible - Cast the First Stone Bible verse study on Cast the first stone Bible verse warning, Cast the first stone Bible verse explained, Cast the first stone Bible verse dangers and how the Cast the first st

Link to that being Mary Magdalene?

Right. That's what I wound up finding out.

Because we consider the source, and you are a hateful bigot.

:)

Peace ...

Yes, and a liar:

Faiths Allowing Same-Sex Marriages

United Church of Christ: The United Church of Christ was the first mainstream Christian church to fully support same-sex marriage and perform marriage ceremonies.
Jewish: Reform Judaism embraces same-sex marriage and rabbis can perform ceremonies.
Quaker: The willingness to perform gay marriages varies by meetinghouse, but there is some acceptance and performance of same-sex marriages among Quakers.
Metropolitan Community Church
Unitarian Universalist

Faiths Allowing Limited Same-Sex Marriage

Episcopal: In the Episcopal Church, priests are authorized to bless same-sex wedding ceremonies but not declare the marriage official or sign the marriage license. Episcopal priests in Eastern Massachusetts can fully marry same-sex couples without conditions.

Which Churches Allow Gay Marriage?

Thanks. I think he's melting. He is definitely projecting.
He's certainly hysterical. Each day that passes is one day closer to the day that gay marriage will be legal throughout the country, and one day closer to mal choosing to be gay.

Yes, and a liar:

United Church of Christ: The United Church of Christ was the first mainstream Christian church to fully support same-sex marriage and perform marriage ceremonies.
Jewish: Reform Judaism embraces same-sex marriage and rabbis can perform ceremonies.
Quaker: The willingness to perform gay marriages varies by meetinghouse, but there is some acceptance and performance of same-sex marriages among Quakers.
Unitarian Universalist

Episcopal: In the Episcopal Church, priests are authorized to bless same-sex wedding ceremonies but not declare the marriage official or sign the marriage license. Episcopal priests in Eastern Massachusetts can fully marry same-sex couples without conditions.

He's certainly hysterical. Each day that passes is one day closer to the day that gay marriage will be legal throughout the country, and one day closer to mal choosing to be gay.

I don't think they're gonna be able to get him out of that closet with four crowbars and a vat of Vaseline®.

I am not a Christian

Therefore Jesus is no more than a philosopher--too bad half his philosophy are "orders" and the other are in "Parables" with varied interpretations--some of which is not applicable for this life.

Yes, and a liar:

Unitarian Universalist

Ridicule doesn't strengthen your position, but only weakens it.

The way i see it............

Christians KNOW what is in the Bible and they know what God / Jesus has to say about homosexuals. With all the proof, it really surprises me when non-believers just keep saying it's a lie. But in another way...they may be right about some of this.

Being a Christian, i cannot morally say to go ahead and let the gays marry, no problem. I can't say that because of my beliefs.

Non-Christians have the same problem. They are not going to say it's a sin to be gay. I understand why...it's the same problem i have.

We're to love our neighbors as ourselves. Our neighbors means EVERYONE...not just the people in the houses next to you. This is what we should all be doing. It would be hard because all of us are different. And we all have skeletons in our closets and sins we need to have forgiven. My sin could be that i drink too much (this is ONLY an example! Lol!) and my neighbors sin could be that they're gay. Which sin do you think would be worse in God's eyes?

There's no right answer...because they are both the same to God. My drinking sin will be judged by God the same way the gays will be judged. So why do we even fight about this issue? Like i said....being christian i will not back down on my beliefs. Just as i don't expect non-believers to back down on theirs. Let's leave the judgement of our sins up to God.

Either way, either sin will ONLY be forgiven if you wholly believe in God and accept the fact that Jesus came to earth and died for all our sins. So, a believer that prays to God to forgive their sin, they actually try to quit the sin (although most of us relapse quite often - we're human too), God will forgive them. So...........non-believing gays will not be forgiven.......believing gays will be forgiven IF they discontinue with their lifestyle. That doesn't mean having to STOP being gay, it means they will not live or continue the gay lifestyle (men with men, women with women).

My take on most gays is....they would NEVER give it up. That's their choice.

Hmmm. So I'm not gay. I'm a Christian, albeit a rather unconventional one. I can easily forgive gays for simply being who they are.
Thus, I am more loving, tolerant, compassionate, understanding and forgiving than God.

Well, at least the interpretation of God I've read about from some of the people here.
Interesting.

Provide one Quote from the Old or New Testaments that has God or Jesus even Tolerant of Homosexuality...
I'll be here. :thup:
peace...

Jesus was silent before Pontius Pilate. He knew when it was a waste of time. Thus it is with you. It's not like you have an open mind. You remind me of Muslims who use the Qu'Ran to kill people. You have a religion based on seperation, judgmentalism and hatred.
Oh well. It's not like you're alone or even unusual.
For centuries, prophets have brought messages of love and peace.
And always, The Message has been ignored and worship of the Messenger has been used as justification for petty judgmentalism, violence, elitism etc...

From my book The Las Vegas Times Dictionary (available on Amazon, shameless plug time!)

Bible: n A holy tome which tells people four things:
1. There is one God and He is not found in a church.
2. Don’t judge others, focus on your own path.
3. Love and tolerate everyone. Especially those you might be tempted to look down upon or call your enemies.
4. Don’t go around hurting or murdering each other. Really, it’s not very nice and God doesn’t like it.
The result of man’s interpretation of this book has been:
1. The belief that God can only be found in a church – and it must be the right one.
2. The condemnation by members of one church, of others who do not go to the same church.
3. A self-righteousness and judgmental intolerance of anyone deemed “sinful” by those who consider their own sins to be of superior quality and
4. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, KKK, bombing of planned parenthood centers, and the election of Conservative politicians.

So yes, don't worry about that plank in your eye. Tell us how wrong and sinful and what an abomination other people are. Throw the first stone. Judge thy neighbor. Those whom you consider the lowest, will be uh... the lowest. Hate thy enemy. Got it.

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you judge worthy of your personal approval and are comfortable with. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

Last edited:
Hmmm. So I'm not gay. I'm a Christian, albeit a rather unconventional one. I can easily forgive gays for simply being who they are.
Thus, I am more loving, tolerant, compassionate, understanding and forgiving than God.

Well, at least the interpretation of God I've read about from some of the people here.
Interesting.

Provide one Quote from the Old or New Testaments that has God or Jesus even Tolerant of Homosexuality...
peace...

Jesus was silent before Pontius Pilate. He knew when it was a waste of time. Thus it is with you. It's not like you have an open mind. You remind me of Muslims who use the Qu'Ran to kill people. You have a religion based on seperation, judgmentalism and hatred.
And always, The Message has been ignored and worship of the Messenger has been used as justification for petty judgmentalism, violence, elitism etc...

From my book The Las Vegas Times Dictionary (available on Amazon, shameless plug time!)

3. Love and tolerate everyone. Especially those you might be tempted to look down upon or call your enemies.
4. Don’t go around hurting or murdering each other. Really, it’s not very nice and God doesn’t like it.
1. The belief that God can only be found in a church – and it must be the right one.
2. The condemnation by members of one church, of others who do not go to the same church.
3. A self-righteousness and judgmental intolerance of anyone deemed “sinful” by those who consider their own sins to be of superior quality and
4. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, KKK, bombing of planned parenthood centers, and the election of Conservative politicians.

So yes, don't worry about that plank in your eye. Tell us how wrong and sinful and what an abomination other people are. Throw the first stone. Judge thy neighbor. Those whom you consider the lowest, will be uh... the lowest. Hate thy enemy. Got it.

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you personally approve. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

I have no personal problem with gay people or even gay marriage. In fact I'm glad my state allows gay couples to marry.

That being said you failed to show where the bible accepts homosexuality but instead deflected by attacking mal as an individual instead of attacking his question as a challenge.

peace...

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you personally approve. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

I have no personal problem with gay people or even gay marriage. In fact I'm glad my state allows gay couples to marry.

That being said you failed to show where the bible accepts homosexuality but instead deflected by attacking mal as an individual instead of attacking his question as a challenge.

Yeah, that's what usually happens after somebody indicates repeatedly that LALALALALALLAAAAA!! They can't HEAR YOU!

Yeah, that's what usually happens after somebody indicates repeatedly that LALALALALALLAAAAA!! They can't HEAR YOU!

I've been reading the thread all along waiting for someone to show where that religous text accepts homosexuality as being "Ok" instead of being a "sin". I have yet to see anyone post something that does so.

Again, you are deflecting away from that question by doing the easy thing...attacking the messanger.

I've been reading the thread all along waiting for someone to show where that religous text accepts homosexuality as being "Ok" instead of being a "sin". I have yet to see anyone post something that does so.

Again, you are deflecting away from that question by doing the easy thing...attacking the messanger.

And this thread is the only place we've had to fight that fight. Right?

And this thread is the only place we've had to fight that fight. Right?

There have been many threads about it that i've read but no one has provided a passage that says homosexuality is ok instead of being a sin.

Do you have a section, from the bible, that is acceptable of homosexuality?

Mind you this is NOT about if I accept it, you accept it, Mal accepts it, or anyone else for that matter...it is only about what the bible does and does not say. That was the whole premise. As far as I have read the bible does not condone nor accept homosexual behavior but classifies it as a sin.

The way i see it............

Christians KNOW what is in the Bible and they know what God / Jesus has to say about homosexuals. With all the proof, it really surprises me when non-believers just keep saying it's a lie. But in another way...they may be right about some of this.

Being a Christian, i cannot morally say to go ahead and let the gays marry, no problem. I can't say that because of my beliefs.

Non-Christians have the same problem. They are not going to say it's a sin to be gay. I understand why...it's the same problem i have.

We're to love our neighbors as ourselves. Our neighbors means EVERYONE...not just the people in the houses next to you. This is what we should all be doing. It would be hard because all of us are different. And we all have skeletons in our closets and sins we need to have forgiven. My sin could be that i drink too much (this is ONLY an example! Lol!) and my neighbors sin could be that they're gay. Which sin do you think would be worse in God's eyes?

There's no right answer...because they are both the same to God. My drinking sin will be judged by God the same way the gays will be judged. So why do we even fight about this issue? Like i said....being christian i will not back down on my beliefs. Just as i don't expect non-believers to back down on theirs. Let's leave the judgement of our sins up to God.

Either way, either sin will ONLY be forgiven if you wholly believe in God and accept the fact that Jesus came to earth and died for all our sins. So, a believer that prays to God to forgive their sin, they actually try to quit the sin (although most of us relapse quite often - we're human too), God will forgive them. So...........non-believing gays will not be forgiven.......believing gays will be forgiven IF they discontinue with their lifestyle. That doesn't mean having to STOP being gay, it means they will not live or continue the gay lifestyle (men with men, women with women).

My take on most gays is....they would NEVER give it up. That's their choice.

Interesting.

peace...

peace...

Actually, Mal deflected my challenge first. I stated tht according to his post, I am more forgiving than God. He deflected.
So if he is going to use the Bible to sit in judgment of others, then neither he nor you should whine when the tables are turned.
And really, I did not attack him personally but I did comment on his brand of religion and his use of it, to justify judgmentalism.

Interesting.

peace...

So basically, you have the ability to love and accept those of whom you judge worthy of your personal approval and are comfortable with. Impressive brand of religion ya got there...

So, you think a Christian church should ignore the sin part of Jesus's teachings? I think you are missing the point. Yes, Jesus said to love one another and not judge, but he also said that you were to live a Godly life and reject sin. There are two clearly defined paths. You are either trying to live a Godly life and walking towards a relationship with Christ, or you are not. A Christian church is not going to advocate the second, and that is not the same thing as 'judging' or 'condemning'. We all sin, this is a truth, but openly following the path of sin or openly living in sin, is not following the path of Christ, therefore the Christian church can neither embrace nor accept that as a valid thing to teach. To be an active Christian you are rejecting sin, an openly practicing homosexual is not following that path according to the Bible. We all face temptations, why is the temptation of attraction to the same sex any different for a homosexual than attraction to someone other then a spouse would be to a married heterosexual? We all are supposed to reject temptations, so homosexuals are not exclusive in that regard. To me it doesn't matter if you're homo or hetero, if you're following the path of Christ and rejecting sin and temptation, believing in the salvation of Christ, then you're a Christian.

Mal's point is that you can't expect the Christian church to accept that a practicing homosexual is not sinning, and he's absolutely right. And if you're openly and knowingly following the path of sin, you are not following the path of Christ. It's that simple.

Interesting.

peace...

Actually, Mal deflected my challenge first. I stated tht according to his post, I am more forgiving than God. He deflected.
So if he is going to use the Bible to sit in judgment of others, then neither he nor you should whine when the tables are turned.
And really, I did not attack him personally but I did comment on his brand of religion and his use of it, to justify judgmentalism.

I'm not whining at all. I'm merely pointing out that no one, including yourself, has shown the bible to be accepting of homosexuality instead of considering it a sin.

That was the challenge presented in the very first post of the thread so there is no way he could have deflected you first here ;).

No one is saying Jesus called homosexual sex "OK" or not a "sin", so why would a "messenger" pose such a strawman as an OP... AS IF anyone could ever provide evidence of such...that Jesus was "pro-gay marriage"?

It's the only kind of OP this dishonest coward named mal can post on and feel "right" while he pounds his fist on the table over and over for proof which does not exist.

Still, the gospel provides all sorts of verses and parables and lessons for how to treat each other. Nowhere does God say he wants people to slam the door of Christianity in the face of "sinners"; Jesus' message was in fact quite to the contrary...

Mal's "sin" du jour happens to be be gay sex but married people who are heterosexual are also "sinners" in other ways. You could literally go on and on ad infinitum.

I didn't see anyone claim Jesus would be "pro-gay marriage" as the OP cleverly poised himself to defend that strawman, but so what? Fact is, there are several Christian denominations which recognize and respect gay people in their community, so not all Christians are into demonizing gay people and condemning them from the Church community. IMO Christians who do that are an embarrassment to Christianity...

As far as civil Marriage, we are a Constitutional Republic which preserves the proper separation of Church and State and which defends the civil liberties of ALL Citizens, even the "sinners". :thup:

Last edited:
peace...

So, you think a Christian church should ignore the sin part of Jesus's teachings? I think you are missing the point. Yes, Jesus said to love one another and not judge, but he also said that you were to live a Godly life and reject sin. There are two clearly defined paths. You are either trying to live a Godly life and walking towards a relationship with Christ, or you are not. A Christian church is not going to advocate the second, and that is not the same thing as 'judging' or 'condemning'. We all sin, this is a truth, but openly following the path of sin or openly living in sin, is not following the path of Christ, therefore the Christian church can neither embrace nor accept that as a valid thing to teach. To be an active Christian you are rejecting sin, an openly practicing homosexual is not following that path according to the Bible. We all face temptations, why is the temptation of attraction to the same sex any different for a homosexual than attraction to someone other then a spouse would be to a married heterosexual? We all are supposed to reject temptations, so homosexuals are not exclusive in that regard. To me it doesn't matter if you're homo or hetero, if you're following the path of Christ and rejecting sin and temptation, believing in the salvation of Christ, then you're a Christian.

Mal's point is that you can't expect the Christian church to accept that a practicing homosexual is not sinning, and he's absolutely right. And if you're openly and knowingly following the path of sin, you are not following the path of Christ. It's that simple.

Amen.

peace...

No one is saying Jesus called homosexual sex "OK" or not a "sin", so why would a "messenger" pose such a strawman as an OP... AS IF anyone could ever provide evidence of such...that Jesus was "pro-gay marriage"?

It's the only kind of OP this dishonest coward named mal can post on and feel "right" while he pounds his fist on the table over and over for proof which does not exist.

Still, the gospel provides all sorts of verses and parables and lessons for how to treat each other. Nowhere does God say he wants people to slam the door of Christianity in the face of "sinners"; Jesus' message was in fact quite to the contrary...

Mal's "sin" du jour happens to be be gay sex but married people who are heterosexual are also "sinners" in other ways. You could literally go on and on ad infinitum.

I didn't see anyone claim Jesus would be "pro-gay marriage" as the OP cleverly poised himself to defend that strawman, but so what? Fact is, there are several Christian denominations which recognize and respect gay people in their community, so not all Christians are into demonizing gay people and condemning them from the Church community. IMO Christians who do that are an embarrassment to Christianity...

As far as civil Marriage, we are a Constitutional Republic which preserves the proper separation of Church and State and which defends the civil liberties of ALL Citizens, even the "sinners". :thup:

You get REALLY Angry when you are so Obviously Wrong. :thup:

Homosexuality and Christianity are not Compatible.

That is a Fact based on the Books that Christianity gets it's Basis from.

It's not a Debatable Issue.

This Thread was a Sidebar from another and I didn't Request your Trolling but I knew it would come.

peace...

I've always been devastated that Jesus does not say that eating cupcakes is acceptable. Especially the chocolate frosted ones.

I've always been devastated that Jesus does not say that eating cupcakes is acceptable. Especially the chocolate frosted ones.

:lol: Well, those chocolate frosted ones are so tempting that it only feels sinful!!

6511100-large-group-of-chocolate-frosted-cupcakes-on-a-plate-closeup-tight-crop.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's a verse which allows for at least seven times seventy seven, so...

Forum List

Back