Snake-handling pastor dies from snake-bite.

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Because sometimes you can't make this stuff up!

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite - The Washington Post

Mack Wolford, a flamboyant Pentecostal pastor from West Virginia whose serpent-handling talents were profiled last November in The Washington Post Magazine , hoped the outdoor service he had planned for Sunday at an isolated state park would be a “homecoming like the old days,” full of folks speaking in tongues, handling snakes and having a “great time.” But it was not the sort of homecoming he foresaw.

Instead, Wolford, who turned 44 the previous day, was bitten by a rattlesnake he owned for years. He died late Sunday.

Mark Randall “Mack” Wolford was known all over Appalachia as a daring man of conviction. He believed that the Bible mandates that Christians handle serpents to test their faith in God — and that, if they are bitten, they trust in God alone to heal them.

He and other adherents cited Mark 16:17-18 as the reason for their practice: “And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

If only other funditards could weed themselves out of the gene pool with such efficiency.

Serpent-handling pastor profiled earlier in Washington Post dies from rattlesnake bite - The Washington Post

Mack Wolford, a flamboyant Pentecostal pastor from West Virginia whose serpent-handling talents were profiled last November in The Washington Post Magazine , hoped the outdoor service he had planned for Sunday at an isolated state park would be a “homecoming like the old days,” full of folks speaking in tongues, handling snakes and having a “great time.” But it was not the sort of homecoming he foresaw.

Instead, Wolford, who turned 44 the previous day, was bitten by a rattlesnake he owned for years. He died late Sunday.

Mark Randall “Mack” Wolford was known all over Appalachia as a daring man of conviction. He believed that the Bible mandates that Christians handle serpents to test their faith in God — and that, if they are bitten, they trust in God alone to heal them.

He and other adherents cited Mark 16:17-18 as the reason for their practice: “And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

If only other funditards could weed themselves out of the gene pool with such efficiency.

Live by the snake, die by the snake. He must have had a death wish.

they prefer to be called serpent handlers...and they simply follow the bible....

mark 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

good

Awwwwwww.

they prefer to be called serpent handlers...and they simply follow the bible....

mark 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I wonder when more Christians will engage their religious liberty and take up snake handling.

That's weird, I get bit by rattle snakes all the time and I simply ask Allah to heal me and he does it.

Guess your genie in the sky is mo' bettah then the christian genie in the sky. :eusa_shhh:

(initiate paid programming sales guy voice)

He heals yours snake wounds and provides all the virgins you can bang, for 5 easy prayers a day you too can be a muslim! Sign up today!

"They will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all."

Snake-handlers are hypocrites. They handle poisonous snakes, but they don't drink deadly poison. They're not acting out of faith, they know drinking poison will kill them. They act out of hope, hope that the snakes won't bite. Maybe they're worse than hypocrites, they're probably con men who milk the snakes before putting on the show.

Last edited:
If a snake bit Limbaugh, the snake would die!

It's fun to see Rush residing in so many heads.

Personally, I like Rush. When I'm on vacation, I sometimes enjoy listening to him. He can be entertaing and occassionally insightful.

But he's a phony and a hypocrite and probably a closeted gay man. Just sayin'.

I don't like Rush..but I doubt it.

He's on trophy wife number 5..and went on a sex vacation in DR.

Forum List

Back