Jesus makes one a christian

You might want to rethink your impression of just who Jesus is. He's not some hippy "prince of peace", read up on Revelations. Next time He comes this way isn't going to be very pretty.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Yeah, Jesus is coming, and boy is He pissed!!

Anyone ever think that the reason that the Jesus of Revelation wouldn't be such a nice guy is because all the Christians bastardized and twisted His teachings to suit themselves rather than actually following what He laid down?

I think His Holiness the Dali Lama said it best when asked about Jesus.....

"I like your Christ very much. Your Christians, not so much, because they are so unlike your Christ."

LOL. The Dali Lama also said "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

You might want to rethink your impression of just who Jesus is. He's not some hippy "prince of peace", read up on Revelations. Next time He comes this way isn't going to be very pretty.

Anyone ever think that the reason that the Jesus of Revelation wouldn't be such a nice guy is because all the Christians bastardized and twisted His teachings to suit themselves rather than actually following what He laid down?

"

Not all but that's part of it...He's coming for the non believers also

Yes and millions of them who are Athiest, when the SHTF they are going to suddenly accept Our Lord as their Saviour and The Messiah, it specifically says this in The Bible that this will happen.

"I like your Christ very much. Your Christians, not so much, because they are so unlike your Christ."

LOL. The Dali Lama also said "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

I've always had a great respect for the Buddhists, they're hardcore and they illustrate that sometimes you have no other option than to deal with a situation using hardcore violence. Those Buddhist monks think nothing of getting violent to deal with a situation.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Thanks for the link, but you should have posted the whole quote and the context in which he said it, because although he said it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun, he also said to not kill the person, but rather to shoot to wound rather than kill.

From your link.......................

His message resonates in an era when schools must be on guard against violent acts by gun-toting students. Included in the audience were some 35 students from Thurston High School in Springfield, Ore., where Kip Kinkel went on a May 1998 rampage in which his parents and two students were killed and 24 other students were wounded.

Students, in a question-and-answer period, asked some hard questions.

One girl wanted to know how to react to a shooter who takes aim at a classmate.

The Dalai Lama said acts of violence should be remembered, and then forgiveness should be extended to the perpetrators.

But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, he said, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

I've always had a great respect for the Buddhists, they're hardcore and they illustrate that sometimes you have no other option than to deal with a situation using hardcore violence. Those Buddhist monks think nothing of getting violent to deal with a situation.

Actually, Lucy, they carefully consider all options, and will exhaust all of them before turning to violence.

Violence is the very last option a Buddhist will use, and they will only use it if all other options are exhausted.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Buddhists are a hoot. I grew up hearing how "peaceful" Buddhists were until I saw some video of rival monks beating the crap out of each other with sticks and rocks.
:poke::argue::death::meow:

:laugh:

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Actually, Lucy, they carefully consider all options, and will exhaust all of them before turning to violence.

Violence is the very last option a Buddhist will use, and they will only use it if all other options are exhausted.

Yes I already know that, which is why I wrote what I have highlighted:

upload_2017-11-23_18-21-54.png

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

View attachment 162201

It was your "they think nothing of getting violent to deal with a situation" part of your post that prompted my response.

To say that they think nothing of it is kinda wrong, because before they get violent, they will consider every other option FIRST. They think a lot about it before they do it, which is why your "they think nothing" got me to respond.

Buddhists are peaceful people by and large, and violence is their very last resort.

Some will resort to suicide by setting themselves on fire before getting violent.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Buddhists are a hoot. I grew up hearing how "peaceful" Buddhists were until I saw some video of rival monks beating the crap out of each other with sticks and rocks.

Nuns can be violent also, some of them get off on committing random acts of violence. Some of the nuns I was taught by had a glint in their eyes, you could see they were enjoying it.

I think my love of riding crops was developed by those nuns, it affected me and I should thank them because I have a beautiful collection of riding crops most tipped with Moroccan leather :smoke:

Um but that's for another thread :eusa_whistle:

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

View attachment 162201

It was your "they think nothing of getting violent to deal with a situation" part of your post that prompted my response.

To say that they think nothing of it is kinda wrong, because before they get violent, they will consider every other option FIRST. They think a lot about it before they do it, which is why your "they think nothing" got me to respond.

Buddhists are peaceful people by and large, and violence is their very last resort.

Some will resort to suicide by setting themselves on fire before getting violent.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Thanks for the link, but you should have posted the whole quote and the context in which he said it, because although he said it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun, he also said to not kill the person, but rather to shoot to wound rather than kill.

His message resonates in an era when schools must be on guard against violent acts by gun-toting students. Included in the audience were some 35 students from Thurston High School in Springfield, Ore., where Kip Kinkel went on a May 1998 rampage in which his parents and two students were killed and 24 other students were wounded.

The Dalai Lama said acts of violence should be remembered, and then forgiveness should be extended to the perpetrators.

But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, he said, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg.

Okay. Balls.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

Nuns can be violent also, some of them get off on committing random acts of violence. Some of the nuns I was taught by had a glint in their eyes, you could see they were enjoying it.

I think my love of riding crops was developed by those nuns, it affected me and I should thank them because I have a beautiful collection of riding crops most tipped with Moroccan leather :smoke:

That must be a Catholic thing. But I will say one thing about the Catholics: Their Friday fish frys and spaghetti dinners are awesome.

All we get are some cookies after the sermon. If we're lucky, someone brings a cheese plate.

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

That must be a Catholic thing. But I will say one thing about the Catholics: Their Friday fish frys and spaghetti dinners are awesome.

All we get are some cookies after the sermon. If we're lucky, someone brings a cheese plate.

Yes and also Roman Catholic girls are the best, just look to me as a prime example :smoke:

Verified by Snopes:

Dalai Gun

For someone supposedly so smart, he's woefully ignorant about the use of firearms for self-defense. The idea of "shooting to wound" or "aiming for the leg" is not only stupid, but suicidal.

If you're lucky enough to hit a femoral artery in the leg, then the person is going to slowly bleed out and die. But not before knifing you at least a dozen or more times.

All of the firearms training I've had dictates that you shoot center mass and keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. Most training also stresses the "21 foot rule". Firearms qualification is usually done at 7 yards (21 feet) because an attacker armed with a knife can cover 21 feet in 1.5 seconds and stab the crap out of you. And trust me, knife wounds are messy. Once he's on you with the knife, you're pretty much screwed.

Forum List

Back