Jesus makes one a christian

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Consider that this thanksgiving and before you keep voting republican....Jesus is what makes one christian! What did Jesus believe?
1. Compassion and love for your neighbor.
2. Hated the idea of war and believed one should turn the other cheek. Believe me, Jesus could have defended himself and could have easily asked his followers to do so also but asked them not to. He was a man of peace.
3. Believed that one should help everyone no matter if they committed a crime or was seen as scum by the rest of society.
4. Believed that you should break bread with your follow man.
5. Believed that you shouldn't judge unless you were pure. Meaning that humanity couldn't judge as we simply weren't God. God is the only one that can judge! Think of that the next time you're abusing or thinking about using Christianity to kill LBGT people. Jesus doesn't approve.
6. Thought money and people that thrive on it were less likely to enter heaven and that they should instead think of their follow man.

If you believe that killing other tribes, enslaving people, think I am wrong and pretty much being a dick then you believe in the old testament and aren't a christian.

Jesus came to earth to make up for all the nasty shit God did in the old testament and to tell his children to be kinder to each other. Don't be screaming how godly you're if you threaten to kill and beat people for choosing to live differently in life. You my friend supporting greed and so full of hate are probably the last thing Jesus wants to allow into the doors of heaven.

• Banned
If you believe such people should be judged by your own hand and don't believe in the above become a jew.

That is what you're. Simply put the message of Jesus is that I was wrong in the first place and that I forgive you.

Last edited:
this is funny....a guy who thinks religion is bullshit now telling us what Jesus is all about?....did the wind change direction again matt?....

You might want to rethink your impression of just who Jesus is. He's not some hippy "prince of peace", read up on Revelations. Next time He comes this way isn't going to be very pretty.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Consider that this thanksgiving and before you keep voting republican....Jesus is what makes one christian! What did Jesus believe?
2. Hated the idea of war and believed one should turn the other cheek. Believe me, Jesus could have defended himself and could have easily asked his followers to do so also but asked them not to. He was a man of peace.
3. Believed that one should help everyone no matter if they committed a crime or was seen as scum by the rest of society.
5. Believed that you shouldn't judge unless you were pure. Meaning that humanity couldn't judge as we simply weren't God. God is the only one that can judge! Think of that the next time you're abusing or thinking about using Christianity to kill LBGT people. Jesus doesn't approve.
6. Thought money and people that thrive on it were less likely to enter heaven and that they should instead think of their follow man.

If you believe that killing other tribes, enslaving people, think I am wrong and pretty much being a dick then you believe in the old testament and aren't a christian.

Jesus came to earth to make up for all the nasty shit God did in the old testament and to tell his children to be kinder to each other. Don't be screaming how godly you're if you threaten to kill and beat people for choosing to live differently in life. You my friend supporting greed and so full of hate are probably the last thing Jesus wants to allow into the doors of heaven.
Jesus left Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans.

You might want to rethink your impression of just who Jesus is. He's not some hippy "prince of peace", read up on Revelations. Next time He comes this way isn't going to be very pretty.

Well Jesus wasn't a Hippy and there are frequent sections of The Bible where He instructs His followers to prepare to defend themselves, the below is just one example:

Luke 22:36

"He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."

Jesus left Chicago and he's bound for New Orleans.

If you believe such people should be judged by your own hand and don't believe in the above become a jew.

That is what you're. Simply put the message of Jesus is that I was wrong in the first place and that I forgive you.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Jesus rejected all forms of sin, and never compromised with evil.

"1. Compassion and love for your neighbor."

What if they are a paedophile or a terrorist? I don't think He would want us to have compassion for and love them.

"3. Believed that one should help everyone no matter if they committed a crime or was seen as scum by the rest of society."

Again I don't think this is applicable to paedophiles and terrorists.

Yeah, Jesus is coming, and boy is He pissed!!

Anyone ever think that the reason that the Jesus of Revelation wouldn't be such a nice guy is because all the Christians bastardized and twisted His teachings to suit themselves rather than actually following what He laid down?

I think His Holiness the Dali Lama said it best when asked about Jesus.....

"I like your Christ very much. Your Christians, not so much, because they are so unlike your Christ."

Yes, exactly. God 1.0 of the Old Testament was not cutting it so Christianity got the 2.0 patch

In America we now have the Jimmy Swaggart version 3.0 and it is about nothing but abortion, made by sexual perverts and their enablers. We even made one of them president in 2016.

"1. Compassion and love for your neighbor."

What if they are a paedophile or a terrorist? I don't think He would want us to have compassion for and love them.

"3. Believed that one should help everyone no matter if they committed a crime or was seen as scum by the rest of society."

Again I don't think this is applicable to paedophiles and terrorists.

Yeah, pretty much that. It's pretty hard to turn the other cheek when someone wants to chop your head off. I quit giving a flying flip after 9/11, those shithead terrorists just need to be deaded. God can sort them out later.

Yeah, Jesus is coming, and boy is He pissed!!

Anyone ever think that the reason that the Jesus of Revelation wouldn't be such a nice guy is because all the Christians bastardized and twisted His teachings to suit themselves rather than actually following what He laid down?

"

Not all but that's part of it...He's coming for the non believers also

New Topics

Forum List

Back