Jesus makes one a christian

So you don't believe the Bible. Okay. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm here to post my thoughts and discuss things. Hopefully, some seeds will be planted.

I'm a cradle RC and one has to take the bible according to time and history of the people and areas involved.

Do you know anything of the history of the first century??
The history of the first century has nothing to do with the virgin birth, Jesus being God in the flesh, and the resurrection. I'm here to discuss the Bible. Good luck.

It has everything to do with it. That is like reading a book about a culture and not having a clue about the era or continent your reading about. Yet you believe in a Jesus but have no idea what his life must of been like.
I bet you don't even know there were two Jesus's in the NT.
There is only one Jesus, the Son of God. There is only one Jesus that died for me and cleansed me from sin. There are many people with the name "Jesus", but only one that created the universe, the Living Word.

Jesus Barabbas and Jesus the Christ , and who did the Jews let go, Jesus Barabbas. No according to the Jewish faith , sons of God were friends of God, and even according to Jesus we are his brothers and sisters, equal.
According to the Jewish faith, who is the "Son of Man"?

Don't forget to welcome that homeless guy down the street into your home this thanksgiven!

Does having Thanksgiving the night before so you can stand all day and serve "Thanksgiven" to the homeless, and then spend hours cleaning up after, count?
Stop opening your mouth and removing all doubt...

Hey, that is kinda how I spent my Thanksgiving. There is a barbecue place here in Amarillo, and they feed the homeless once a month. I decided to help out on Thanksgiving, because it meant a free meal for a couple hours of work, with one to take home with me. Because the food from Shy-Lee's is so good, it seemed like a bargain to swap a couple hours work for dinner.

Not only did my roomie and I have a good time helping out and meeting people, but both of us agreed it was one of the best ones we'd had in a long time.

They even made deep fried turkey!

How Jesus of you, AB. :eusa_angel:

don't hit me. don't hit me. don't hit me...

I'm a cradle RC and one has to take the bible according to time and history of the people and areas involved.

Do you know anything of the history of the first century??
The history of the first century has nothing to do with the virgin birth, Jesus being God in the flesh, and the resurrection. I'm here to discuss the Bible. Good luck.

It has everything to do with it. That is like reading a book about a culture and not having a clue about the era or continent your reading about. Yet you believe in a Jesus but have no idea what his life must of been like.
There is only one Jesus, the Son of God. There is only one Jesus that died for me and cleansed me from sin. There are many people with the name "Jesus", but only one that created the universe, the Living Word.

Jesus Barabbas and Jesus the Christ , and who did the Jews let go, Jesus Barabbas. No according to the Jewish faith , sons of God were friends of God, and even according to Jesus we are his brothers and sisters, equal.
Psalm 82:6New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

6 I declare: “Gods though you be,[a]
offspring of the Most High all of you,

Hosea 1:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

John 10

3 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
The above are sons of God
----------------------------------------------------
Below is the son of man, son of Emperor Vespasian.

The son of man is Emperor Titus.

Don't forget to welcome that homeless guy down the street into your home this thanksgiven!

Does having Thanksgiving the night before so you can stand all day and serve "Thanksgiven" to the homeless, and then spend hours cleaning up after, count?
Stop opening your mouth and removing all doubt...

Hey, that is kinda how I spent my Thanksgiving. There is a barbecue place here in Amarillo, and they feed the homeless once a month. I decided to help out on Thanksgiving, because it meant a free meal for a couple hours of work, with one to take home with me. Because the food from Shy-Lee's is so good, it seemed like a bargain to swap a couple hours work for dinner.

Not only did my roomie and I have a good time helping out and meeting people, but both of us agreed it was one of the best ones we'd had in a long time.

They even made deep fried turkey!

How Jesus of you, AB. :eusa_angel:

don't hit me. don't hit me. don't hit me...

Actually, it wasn't exactly for totally altruistic reasons. I had an interest in the game because I got to have brisket, fried turkey, sausage, mashed potatoes and a whole bunch of other stuff, and all I had to do was work a couple of hours.

But, like I said, I met some nice people and had a good time as well. Gonna find out when the next time they do that (Christmas they handed out toys), and I'm thinking about becoming a regular volunteer.

Psalm 82:6New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

6 I declare: “Gods though you be,[a]
offspring of the Most High all of you,

Hosea 1:10King James Version (KJV)

10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

John 10

3 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
The above are sons of God
----------------------------------------------------
Below is the son of man, son of Emperor Vespasian.

The son of man is Emperor Titus.
Nope, never mind. We're not going to go down your rabbit trail. There is only one begotten Son of God. The Son of Man in the Old Testament is the Messiah in the Jewish faith.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back