Jesse Jackson, Jr. resigned

This district has a history of "colorful" Congressmen. His predecessor, Mel Reynolds, was convicted of having sex with an underage girl, followed by pilfering campaign funds for personal expenses. (Reynolds is one of those planning to run for Jackson's seat when a special election is called.)
Reynolds is actually planning on running....with a closet full of skeletons like that?

another 'legend' is born....:rolleyes:

Jesse Jackson Jr. resigns from House, citing health

By James B. Kelleher

CHICAGO | Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:14pm EST

(Reuters) - Jesse Jackson Jr. is the namesake son of one of the most prominent black men in the United States, a progressive-minded activist whose ascent into public life prompted talk of a new era of African-American political power.

In the early years, speculation swirled around the Democratic representative to the U.S. House and his appetite and ambition, almost all of it positive. Would he be the next mayor of Chicago? The next U.S. senator from Illinois?

Two years after he was elected to Congress, Newsweek magazine asked if the then 32-year-old Democrat would one day capture the prize that eluded his father, civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, and become the first black president.

The sky's-the-limit speculation didn't appear to unnerve Jackson. "I grew up in a house with great expectations," he told the Chicago Tribune in 1995.

more dribble at-
Jesse Jackson Jr., promising political scion, resigns | Reuters

I am glad he is out of Congress, along with Walsh and West. More of the knuckleheads of both parties have to leave it.

Now Budweiser needs to tell the Feds how the Jacksons shook them down for that and money, since it looks like he is going down for other crimes.

They threatend to use their RACE card on Budweiser and cause them hell around Chicago if they didn't give the Jacksons stuff.....so hopefully this opens a can of worms getting daddy in jail too.

A crook, yes...

Simple. Maybe not so much.

My theory about Jesse Junior was that he was being made to live his father's dream. I don't think the guy ever really wanted to be a Congressman. He always seemed annoyed at doing the Congressman thing, from town hall meeting to calling in to talk radio to do interviews. (Yes, our Democratic Congressmen do call in to talk radio and talk to the RW Radio hosts.)

Even his involvement in the whole "Trying to Buy Obama's Seat from Blago" scandal seems to have been instigated by others more than him.

Not defending the guy, he's leaving congress in disgrace and deserves to.

I believe he has a Budweiser Distributorship, he'll be wealthy till he dies.

Jesse Jackson just grabbed ahold of Chicago politics and gave it a race card. He used it against many companies, that either fell in line with his 'demands' or would have the negative press Jackson was sure to garner.

On the Budweiser extortion, both his sons got distributorships:

Bud Man Jackson Slipping? | NBC Chicago

Now Budweiser needs to tell the Feds how the Jacksons shook them down for that and money, since it looks like he is going down for other crimes.

They threatend to use their RACE card on Budweiser and cause them hell around Chicago if they didn't give the Jacksons stuff.....so hopefully this opens a can of worms getting daddy in jail too.

I believe he has a Budweiser Distributorship, he'll be wealthy till he dies.

Jesse Jackson just grabbed ahold of Chicago politics and gave it a race card. He used it against many companies, that either fell in line with his 'demands' or would have the negative press Jackson was sure to garner.

And once again, we have a conservative feeling bad for a big corporation that markets an unhealthy product to working people... those poor put upon fat cats.

And you guys wonder why you lose elections.

I guess Jackson must have been running against Satan himself. I mean, if your Congressman abandons his post for four weeks without so much as a how-do-you-do, that is pretty negligent behavior.

And then he is investigated for corruption, including using campaign funds to buy some chick a $40,000 watch. The guy is married. I wonder what his wife thought about that. I guess so long as she got to be a Congressman's wife, it was okay.

But now that he's out, I would not want to be Mr. Jackson when Mrs. Jackson hears the news.

Even after all that incredible mess hanging over the guy, he wins re-election with 63% of the vote! :eek::eek::eek:

Who did the Republicans put up against him...Newt Gingrich's mutant spawn?

Was his opponent filmed throwing puppies into rush hour traffic on The Loop? Did he get caught in bed with a dead boy?

WTF?!?!

I guess they just hate Republicans that much on the South Side.

No, like you they are just racist to their core.

Nothing he said was racist, so shut up
Jackson is a absolute DIGRACE I don't Care what color his skin is

Last edited:
The ironic thing about the entire JJ JR situation was never brought up in this thread... People re-elected a guy under two federal investigations and a guy diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. I guess it's not surprising though, since the same people voted in a loser president twice who never ran a lemonade stand.

The ironic thing about the entire JJ JR situation was never brought up in this thread... People re-elected a guy under two federal investigations and a guy diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. I guess it's not surprising though, since the same people voted in a loser president twice who never ran a lemonade stand.

that's a digrace too..this country is doomed

And once again, we have a conservative feeling bad for a big corporation that markets an unhealthy product to working people... those poor put upon fat cats.

And you guys wonder why you lose elections.

LOL! The Jacksons are enriched by delivering that unhealthy product.

The country is not doomed.

You conspiratorial nuts are cracked. He said, "cracked nuts." Heh Heh "cracked nuts" Heh Heh.

Son, you fruitcakes cost us, the real Republicans, the election with your stupidity.

Forum List

Back