Jerry Brown Sworn-IN!!!

Im a Californian and it honestly didnt matter who was gonna be governor, Brown or Whitman, the
re wasnt a good choice. Whitman was an idiot and had no government experience. She also buried herself with the whole illegal housekeeper scandal and forgetting to vote all those year. she also dug a deeper hole when it came out that she laid off thousands of workers at Ebay and gave herself a huge bonus. Brown caused a lot of the problems that we are now experiencing, but he had experience and was the democrat. after 8 years of a republican, i think we wanted to democrat again. thats where to vote stood. Brown won a huge majority of the vote, not necessarily because he was the best candidate, but in order to keep Whitman out of the governors mansion.

You don't need government experience to run a state - you need business sense. And that Whitman had. And, as for that ridiculous crap about the illegal housekeeper, that was just shit created by the left wing media to discredit her - she did nothing wrong. If you would exercise 'Common Sense' instead of just using it as a snappy screenname, perhaps you would be more intelligent.

Brown is a fool. He was a fool last time and he will be a fool this time. However, generally speaking, Californians are not very smart.

since CA is over 50% hispanic now, it is a big deal. she said she wanted to crack down on immigration and deport illegals. all the while she employed an illegal for over 9 years. thats not a made up story, its a fact, and Whitman even admitted it, as soon as she fired the housekeeper. in essence, she was promoting the very thing she was running against. prove me wrong, prove that she didnt employ an illegal for 9 years! not just a few months, but 9 years! you call it a talking point, i call it a fact. (Meg Whitman’s Illegal Housekeeper Threatens Race For California Governor - Caroline Howard - Social Medea - Forbes) (Meg Whitman knowingly employed illegal immigrant as maid, Gloria Allred charges | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times)

you say she did nothing wrong, well california & federal law says she did.

"Fines Increased for Knowingly Hiring Illegal Immigrants
Most employers are already aware that they must verify that their employees are eligible to work in the United States, and that they may be fined if they knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Currently, those fines vary from $250 to $11,000, depending on the offense. The United States Attorney General and Homeland Security Secretary recently announced that these fines will be increased by twenty-five percent, the first such increase in nearly ten years. The government also announced that it is working on a plan to increase criminal penalties for the most egregious of employer-offenders." California Labor & Employment Law Blog: Fines Increased for Knowingly Hiring Illegal Immigrants

no matter what you want to think, she broke the law. prove me wrong on any of this.... ohhh that right.... you cant because its already been determined to be factual.

They come because WE DEMAND THEM.
I argue this all the time and most deny or ignore it.
If we did not HIRE THEM AND PUT THEM TO WORK 95% of them would never come.

Im a Californian and it honestly didnt matter who was gonna be governor, Brown or Whitman, the
re wasnt a good choice. Whitman was an idiot and had no government experience. She also buried herself with the whole illegal housekeeper scandal and forgetting to vote all those year. she also dug a deeper hole when it came out that she laid off thousands of workers at Ebay and gave herself a huge bonus. Brown caused a lot of the problems that we are now experiencing, but he had experience and was the democrat. after 8 years of a republican, i think we wanted to democrat again. thats where to vote stood. Brown won a huge majority of the vote, not necessarily because he was the best candidate, but in order to keep Whitman out of the governors mansion.

You don't need government experience to run a state - you need business sense. And that Whitman had. And, as for that ridiculous crap about the illegal housekeeper, that was just shit created by the left wing media to discredit her - she did nothing wrong. If you would exercise 'Common Sense' instead of just using it as a snappy screenname, perhaps you would be more intelligent.

Brown is a fool. He was a fool last time and he will be a fool this time. However, generally speaking, Californians are not very smart.

since CA is over 50% hispanic now, it is a big deal. she said she wanted to crack down on immigration and deport illegals. all the while she employed an illegal for over 9 years. thats not a made up story, its a fact, and Whitman even admitted it, as soon as she fired the housekeeper. in essence, she was promoting the very thing she was running against. prove me wrong, prove that she didnt employ an illegal for 9 years! not just a few months, but 9 years! you call it a talking point, i call it a fact. (Meg Whitman’s Illegal Housekeeper Threatens Race For California Governor - Caroline Howard - Social Medea - Forbes) (Meg Whitman knowingly employed illegal immigrant as maid, Gloria Allred charges | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times)

Most employers are already aware that they must verify that their employees are eligible to work in the United States, and that they may be fined if they knowingly hire illegal immigrants. Currently, those fines vary from $250 to $11,000, depending on the offense. The United States Attorney General and Homeland Security Secretary recently announced that these fines will be increased by twenty-five percent, the first such increase in nearly ten years. The government also announced that it is working on a plan to increase criminal penalties for the most egregious of employer-offenders." California Labor & Employment Law Blog: Fines Increased for Knowingly Hiring Illegal Immigrants

no matter what you want to think, she broke the law. prove me wrong on any of this.... ohhh that right.... you cant because its already been determined to be factual.
The burden of proof is upon you. We are innocent until proven guilty in this country. If she was guilty of a crime, why weren't any charges brought? Oh that's right, the state can't prove it and neither can you.

In CA, to be convicted of hiring an illegal, it must be proven that you did so knowingly. This cleaning lady lied to both the employment agency and Whitman, thereby eliminating the "knowingly" element.

this still doesnt detract from that fact that she employed an illegal. the loophole of the code allowed for her to skate free.

The burden of proof is upon you. We are innocent until proven guilty in this country. If she was guilty of a crime, why weren't any charges brought? Oh that's right, the state can't prove it and neither can you.

Whitman received a red flag no match SSN letter 3 years after the housekeeper was hired.
She knew.
No one is ever prosecuted on domestic servant cases.

California's a basketcase because of several factors..one being "Direct Democracy". The people voted for no tax increases and that's what they got. They wanted to get "tough on crime" and did the "three strikes law". So now they have their prisons filled to the brim. It's expensive...and there's no revenue coming in to pay for it.

Another fine example of wanting services for nothing.

California's a basketcase because of several factors..one being "Direct Democracy". The people voted for no tax increases and that's what they got. They wanted to get "tough on crime" and did the "three strikes law". So now they have their prisons filled to the brim. It's expensive...and there's no revenue coming in to pay for it.

The "Wal Mart" society.
I get calls daily "I need a reduced rate".

Yup.

Boils down to who can stop the jail break of private businesses leaving the state.
And why they are leaving the state.
And how to pass laws to keep them from leaving the state.
CUT SPENDING AND FIRE UNIONS.

I'm wondering if Brown will push to legalize marijuana and to empty his state's prisons of non-violent, non minor-related pot offenses as one very good way to reduce spending and raise money via big tax input.

It costs an average of $50k to house one prison inmate per annum and there are more than two thousand marijuana "offenders" in California's prisons. There are even more on parole and probation. And the cost of processing and prosecuting everyone arrested for simple possession, even if they are released with minor penalties, is considerable.

I'm wondering if Brown will push to legalize marijuana and to empty his state's prisons of non-violent, non minor-related pot offenses as one very good way to reduce spending and raise money via big tax input.

It costs an average of $50k to house one prison inmate per annum and there are more than two thousand marijuana "offenders" in California's prisons. There are even more on parole and probation. And the cost of processing and prosecuting everyone arrested for simple possession, even if they are released with minor penalties, is considerable.

i could be in favor of that. itll be interesting to see if he tries something like this.

Well said.
Times 50.
And add in the societal costs to take care of the families.

i could be in favor of that. itll be interesting to see if he tries something like this.

Whoa..a brand spanking new revenue stream in terms of taxation...and savings from not having to expend resources to chase after marijuana "criminals" or take care of them when they are in the clink!

Sounds like a good idea all around.

Expect stiff resistance.:lol:

In CA, to be convicted of hiring an illegal, it must be proven that you did so knowingly. This cleaning lady lied to both the employment agency and Whitman, thereby eliminating the "knowingly" element.

this still doesnt detract from that fact that she employed an illegal. the loophole of the code allowed for her to skate free.

Here's an idea - stop blaming Whitman and blame the person who lied. :cuckoo:

the burden rests with the employer, not the employee in this case. so it is meg whitmans faults for not doing her due diligence with her background investigation, or not caring to do one. :cuckoo:

and i never said it wasnt the housekeepers fault either. but when youre running for public office everything you have ever done is now under a microscope.

Whoa..a brand spanking new revenue stream in terms of taxation...and savings from not having to expend resources to chase after marijuana "criminals" or take care of them when they are in the clink!

Sounds like a good idea all around.

Expect stiff resistance.:lol:

I don't know. If it was couched properly and sold as a "budget cure" it could probably muster the support. Of course it would only push the problem down the road - too much spending is too much spending.....

the burden rests with the employer, not the employee in this case. so it is meg whitmans faults for not doing her due diligence with her background investigation, or not caring to do one. :cuckoo:

and i never said it wasnt the housekeepers fault either. but when youre running for public office everything you have ever done is now under a microscope.

I disagree (and I am no fan of Meg Whitman). She hired the person through a house keeping service. She paid the service to check her background and ensure that she was legal. She did her due diligence. It is the same as you having a person come to your house and service your appliances - you don't ask for an I-9 form when they arrive - you trust the service you hired to do that shit for you.

Last edited:

People don't hire domestics out of the want ads. The Whitmans used an employment service, which claimed that their screening process weeded out illegals.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I perform due diligence background investigations for status for less than $200.
Whitman can make all the excuses she wants but a lost fumble is a lost fumble.
She never did her due diligence.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I perform due diligence background investigations for status for less than $200.
Whitman can make all the excuses she wants but a lost fumble is a lost fumble.
She never did her due diligence.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3159352-post58.html

Forum List

Back