Jerry Brown Sworn-IN!!!

Brown is responsible for much of the fiscal mess that California faces. He allowed collective bargaining for state employee unions. Ironically he will now have to clean up his own mess.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
My brother in law moved to California 15 years ago after traveling the east coast as a drummer in a progressive rock band. Studied, graduated and works in an organic farming operation. My sister in law teaches school in California. Took less than 3 years to change her from liberal to conservative about government spending.
Unions have ruined California government. Brown answers to the unions.

Ya' don't remember the '90s, huh??

I'm convinced we're about to see a repeat!!!!

It's time to unleash our imagination & creativity.....again....and, everything (good) ALWAYS starts in California!!!

As California goes....SO GOES THE NATION!!!!!!

92.gif
92.gif
92.gif

Last edited:
Brown has a great fiscal record idiot

Yet more, but at this point, unnecessary EVADINCE that TM is a blithering idiot.

Jerry Brown signed the legislation which enabled the Public Employee Union takeover of the state. It's all been downhill since then - even including the tech bubble era. That just enabled the unions to accelerate the bleeding out of the taxpayers via huge increases in pensions.

Ya' don't remember the '90s, huh??

I'm convinced we're about to see a repeat!!!!

It's time to unleash our imagination & creativity.....again....and, everything (good) ALWAYS starts in California!!!

As California goes....SO GOES THE NATION!!!!!!

So when Ca. sinks, so goes the nation? There is no other state that I can think of that's mirroring what Ca. is doing. It's not hard to miss their deficit, and their desire for spending. But, I did ask......

Jerry Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upon taking office, Brown gained a reputation as a fiscal conservative.[10][11] The American Conservative later noted he was "much more of a fiscal conservative than Governor Reagan."[11] His fiscal restraint resulted in one of the biggest budget surpluses in state history, roughly $5 billion.[11][12][13] For his personal life, Brown refused many of the privileges and perks of the office, forgoing the newly constructed governor's residence and instead renting a modest apartment at the corner of 14th and N Streets, adjacent to Capitol Park in downtown Sacramento.[14] Instead of riding as a passenger in a chauffeured limousine as previous governors had done, Brown drove to work in a Plymouth Satellite sedan.[15][16]

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California_Proposition_13_(1978)

California Proposition 13, or the People's Initiative to Limit Property Taxation was on the June 6, 1978 statewide primary ballot in California as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was approved.
Among other provisions, Proposition 13 returned property assessments to 1975 levels and capped annual property tax increases at 2%.[1]

Proposition 13 was the brainchild of low-tax crusader Howard Jarvis. It expressed taxpayer sentiment in the state after a decade of rapidly rising property tax bills. The two main objectives of Proposition 13 were to freeze the tax-assessed value of properties at the time of purchase with a two percent cap on annual assessment increases, and to require that when legislative bodies in the state (either the state legislature or local governing boards) wanted to raise taxes, a two-thirds majority vote is required. After Proposition 13 was approved, property tax rates in the state dropped an average of 57%

Last edited:
I have a policy of neither clicking on links nor responding to posts in which the poster has neither the courtesy nor the intellect to explain why they are relevant.

I have a policy of neither clicking on links nor responding to posts in which the poster has neither the courtesy nor the intellect to explain why they are relevant.

Agreed, this'll be my last post in here. I gotta ignore the clearly trolling, retarded OP. Little other choice.

Sad to see Cali electing more of the same, MORE FISCAL SUICIDE.......

Brown has a great fiscal record idiot

Yet more, but at this point, unnecessary EVADINCE that TM is a blithering idiot.

Jerry Brown signed the legislation which enabled the Public Employee Union takeover of the state. It's all been downhill since then - even including the tech bubble era. That just enabled the unions to accelerate the bleeding out of the taxpayers via huge increases in pensions.

TM is that. A blitering idiot.

Brown is Gov again.

They are already broke.

How much broker can they get??

Jerry Brown has a great fiscal record.

Prop 13 fucked the whole budget for decades

Forum List

Back