Zone1 Jeremiah 7:23 describes the USA today (rebellion against God)

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
From the Douay Rheims Bible (emphasis mine)

(This is also a Holy Mass reading in Catholic Churches worldwide, for some day in either February or March, 2024)

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel:

Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat ye the flesh. 22For I spoke not to your fathers, and I commanded them not, in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning the matter of burnt offerings and sacrifices. 23But this thing I commanded them, saying: Hearken to my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people: and walk ye in all the way that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.

24But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear: but walked in their own will, and in the perversity of their wicked heart: and went backward and not forward, 25From the day that their fathers came out of the land of Egypt, even to this day. And I have sent to you all my servants the prophets, from day to day, rising up early and sending. 26And they have not hearkened to me: nor inclined their ear: but have hardened their neck, and have done worse than their fathers.

27And thou [Jeremiah] shalt speak to them all these words, but they will not hearken to thee: and thou shalt call them, but they will not answer thee. 28And thou shalt say to them: This is a nation which hath not hearkened to the voice of the Lord their God, nor received instruction: faith is lost, and is taken away out of their mouth.

From the Douay Rheims Bible (emphasis mine)

(This is also a Holy Mass reading in Catholic Churches worldwide, for some day in either February or March, 2024)

Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel:

Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat ye the flesh. 22For I spoke not to your fathers, and I commanded them not, in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning the matter of burnt offerings and sacrifices. 23But this thing I commanded them, saying: Hearken to my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people: and walk ye in all the way that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.

24But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear: but walked in their own will, and in the perversity of their wicked heart: and went backward and not forward, 25From the day that their fathers came out of the land of Egypt, even to this day. And I have sent to you all my servants the prophets, from day to day, rising up early and sending. 26And they have not hearkened to me: nor inclined their ear: but have hardened their neck, and have done worse than their fathers.

27And thou [Jeremiah] shalt speak to them all these words, but they will not hearken to thee: and thou shalt call them, but they will not answer thee. 28And thou shalt say to them: This is a nation which hath not hearkened to the voice of the Lord their God, nor received instruction: faith is lost, and is taken away out of their mouth.
They weren't in Egypt exactly. Egypt controlled Canaan.

The work is supposedly a letter sent by Jeremiah to Jews exiled to Babylon by King Nebuchadrezzar in 597 bc, but it is not a letter, nor was it written by Jeremiah.

It is a polemic against the worship of idols, developed around a verse in The Book of Jeremiah (10:11), stating that false gods shall perish.

We’re pretty much Babylon at this point.

We celebrate two deadly sins (Lust and Pride) for an entire month. Our government promotes mutilating children in the name of “transgenderism”, which itself is a lie and an affront to God.
Our foreign policy foments war all over the globe. Then of course there is abortion which is widespread in our country.

The work is supposedly a letter sent by Jeremiah to Jews exiled to Babylon by King Nebuchadrezzar in 597 bc, but it is not a letter, nor was it written by Jeremiah.

It is a polemic against the worship of idols, developed around a verse in The Book of Jeremiah (10:11), stating that false gods shall perish.
This has nothing to do with the OP.

We celebrate two deadly sins (Lust and Pride) for an entire month. Our government promotes mutilating children in the name of “transgenderism”, which itself is a lie and an affront to God.
Our foreign policy foments war all over the globe. Then of course there is abortion which is widespread in our country.
a good summary

And then we expect God to bless us? You know... by giving us a non-dementia, border-securing president?

typical liberal BS

change the topic because you don't like the original one

They should maybe have a lib section here where all the libs can... Oh wait, that's segregation, isn't it?

lol

oh well... I can dream, can't I?

Jesus will crush every mortal govt off of Gods earth at Armageddon-Daniel 2:44) Why? Even though God allows them, Not 1 does Gods will, they may do a little but are standing direct opposition on many matters.

In Jeremiah 7, the prophet delivers a message to the wayward nation of Judah, who, like Israel, had turned from genuine, wholehearted devotion to God to empty rituals and reckless idolatry.

Jeremiah warns the people to change their ways (verse 3) and reminds them of the Lord’s command: “Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people. And walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you” (verse 23, ESV).

Babylon cut the genitals off their children?

I don't have a slide ruler to measure, but it sure seems like it.
Yeh, it seems like these days, modern tech folks are trying to come up with 10 new ways to murder the unborn or anyone else who over-burdens the planet (according to the loons in charge)

nice how we have "grown" as the centuries have gone by

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back