Jeb Bush

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
How the F is this fat bastard leading in the polls? Literally ever republican I talk to online or in person hates his guts. Are these polls corrupt? I mean WTF??

How the F is this fat bastard leading in the polls? Literally ever republican I talk to online or in person hates his guts. Are these polls corrupt? I mean WTF??

Republicans have a pattern of getting behind the candidate with the biggest name thinking that's their best chance, pushing them through the primaries then losing in the election. It would be nice if the ones only voting for the biggest name would stay home for the primaries and the Republicans could pick someone who stands for something and has a chance to win the general election

Republicans have a pattern of getting behind the candidate with the biggest name thinking that's their best chance, pushing them through the primaries then losing in the election. It would be nice if the ones only voting for the biggest name would stay home for the primaries and the Republicans could pick someone who stands for something and has a chance to win the general election

Every republican I talk to hates Jeb Bush. If republicans run Jeb I'm done with the party.

Every republican I talk to hates Jeb Bush. If republicans run Jeb I'm done with the party.

Exactly my stance when Republicans tried to re-elect HW. And I made good on my threat. And they have done zero to bring me back

Exactly my stance when Republicans tried to re-elect HW. And I made good on my threat. And they have done zero to bring me back

I'll even vote for hildebeast as a last FU to the party.

You're right they haven't done squat.

I voted for Perot in 1992. Browne in 96 and 00. Bardarnak in 04. Ralph Nader in 08. I did vote for Romney finally, but Obama broke the string of Democrats only running as Marxists and actually tried to do it.

You're right they haven't done squat.

We'd have done better if Gore won. The Republican congress wouldn't have given him his spending orgy like they did for W

I AM HOLDING YOU TO YOUR WORD, Rocko .

Relax, bubba, it's a statistical pig-fuck 3-or-4 way tie at the moment:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Bush, J +1.2%, aggregate is 15.5%.

At this point in the game in 2011, Romney was mired at 23% and couldn't get over it.
And he ended up being your party's nominee.

Jeb is nowhere near being a shoo in for the GOP nomination.

Take a deep breath.

I whole heatedly agree. Republicans should nominate anyone but Bush.

At this point in the game in 2011, Romney was mired at 23% and couldn't get over it.

Take a deep breath.

Point is he should be at the bottom of the heap, not at the top.

Take a deep breath.

Point is he should be at the bottom of the heap, not at the top.

Well, what can I say?

:dunno:

I won't be voting in a Republican primary. I do, however, get to watch the circus for free!!!

But on a serious note, if there was ever year where a "dark horse" candidate could arise amid a possibly hung convention, 2016 could be the year. I don't think this is going to be matter of lots of GOP clowns entering the race and then leaving after IA, NH and SC. I think it is very possibly going to be a pigfuck until well into late April, maybe even May. And the statistical possibility of going into the RNC with no candidate having a majority of delegates is much higher this time than in 2012, for the simple reason that more and more states in the GOP primaries are moving to proportional allotment of delegates, and not WTA. This makes the fewer and fewer truly WTA states (like Missouri) critical for one candidate to get a solid jump.

As soon as all 50 states, DC and the 5 territories declared their preferred method of delegate allotment, I will be putting out a mega-comparison thread to the process from 2012. I also think this is why Huckabee jumped in: he sees a string of Bible Belt states that are close enough in proximity to each other time-wise, states that he won in 2008, and I bet he is hoping to shut Cruz, Paul, Graham, Bush and Rubio out of contention in the South. In 2012, lacking a true Southern candidate of any gravitas, many southern states gave Rick Santorum a hard look.

Remember the Iowa caucuses in 2012? Santorum won by just a couple of votes, but Ron Paul actually got more delegates out of the deal.

In 2008, it was a similar situation in the Texas 2-Step between Obama and Hillary.

If there is no clear, consistent winner in IA, NH and SC, then this may be a long, hard, haul to the finish line.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Jeb is the only Republican with a credible chance to win

To do that he has to piss off the far right......fair trade

Last edited:
Jeb is the only Republican with a credible chance to win

To do that he has to poss off the far right......fair trade

But can he get nominated without the far Right?

Your circle of influence is frighteningly small. The people you know and talk to are all inside the bubble with you. You simply do not have your finger on the pulse of the real America.

You should have learned that in 2012.

Forum List

Back