Jeb Bush

Point is he should be at the bottom of the heap, not at the top.

Why?

Because he isn't qualified? He had 8 years as a governor, that's more qualification than Walker, Rubio, Cruz or Paul. Or Romney, for that matter, who was only a one-term governor.

Because his brother was such a fucking disaster? Are you Wingnuts finally going to admit that?

Because he isn't a "Real" conservative?

The reality is, Bush will probably win because he has the money and organization, not because there's any great enthusiasm for him. It's the same reason Romney and Dole won.

How the F is this fat bastard leading in the polls? Literally ever republican I talk to online or in person hates his guts. Are these polls corrupt? I mean WTF??

Your circle of influence is frighteningly small. The people you know and talk to are all inside the bubble with you. You simply do not have your finger on the pulse of the real America.

You should have learned that in 2012.
Republicans will pull candidates out of the clown car one by one in an "anyone but Bush" redo

I think the current bunch are more like Bridesmaids in Ugly Dresses.

Carson, Cruz, Paul, are all such fringe characters that they make Bush look positively sensible by comparison. People might even forget how badly his brother fucked up, well, everything.

How the F is this fat bastard leading in the polls? Literally ever republican I talk to online or in person hates his guts. Are these polls corrupt? I mean WTF??
Jeb is the only Republican with a credible chance to win

To do that he has to poss off the far right......fair trade

But can he get nominated without the far Right?

Easy...let the clown car run in all primaries

Then Cruz, Paul, Huckabee split the conservative vote while Bush takes the moderates

Carson, Cruz, Paul, are all such fringe characters that they make Bush look positively sensible by comparison. People might even forget how badly his brother fucked up, well, everything.
Of course you prefer Jebby, he is a big government loving welfare/warfare progressive statist like yourself.

But that description applies to nearly all the R candidates. So you should be happy that no matter who wins in 2016, progressivism will continue to rule the nation.

To do that he has to piss off the far right......fair trade

When I saw you had posted in this thread, I just knew you'd be talking up Bush just like you talked up Romney as "the only Republican with a credible chance to win".

Dec 30, 2011:

I have been saying for two years that Mitt Romney is the only credible candidate that Republicans have.

Thanks, but no thanks.

When I saw you had posted in this thread, I just knew you'd be talking up Bush just like you talked up Romney as "the only Republican with a credible chance to win".

Dec 30, 2011:

I have been saying for two years that Mitt Romney is the only credible candidate that Republicans have.

Thanks, but no thanks.

For some reason......the real Americans that you say are the majority can never seem to nominate the candidate that they want. What's up with that?

I just heard a dude on C-span say he is for Ben Carson and he wants him to choose Louis Gomhert as his running mate.

I mean.....who can't see a combo like that winning the general? Right?

Your circle of influence is frighteningly small. The people you know and talk to are all inside the bubble with you. You simply do not have your finger on the pulse of the real America.

You should have learned that in 2012.
Republicans will pull candidates out of the clown car one by one in an "anyone but Bush" redo
They will have to extricate them with very strong forceps...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I think that by "people" you mean "Republicans"....

To do that he has to poss off the far right......fair trade

But can he get nominated without the far Right?

Easy...let the clown car run in all primaries

Then Cruz, Paul, Huckabee split the conservative vote while Bush takes the moderates
Easier said than done against Rubio, Walker and likely Kasich...

Dec 30, 2011:

Thanks, but no thanks.
But Rightwinger was right. Romney was the only really qualified GOP candidate. Bachmann? Really? Only, demographics now work against the GOP.

For some reason......the real Americans that you say are the majority can never seem to nominate the candidate that they want. What's up with that?

That's a really good question. I suspect that the right is just extremely factionalized.

I predict the most moderate Republicans will get behind Bush, the far right will coalesce around Cruz, the Christian Coalition will back Huckabee, the Libertarian wing will support Rand and the Republican center will scatter among the remainder of the pack with Walker getting the lions share. That will make for a serious five way race, and it will only take a slim margin to pull away with the "winner take all" primary rules in many states.

Look at Missouri 2008:

2008 mo primary.jpg

2012 we ended up with a non-binding primary due to party rule changes that year, but Santorum won 55% of the vote to Romney's 25% in what was considered by many as a "no-cofidence" vote for Romney.

That's a really good question. I suspect that the right is just extremely factionalized.

I predict the most moderate Republicans will get behind Bush, the far right will coalesce around Cruz, the Christian Coalition will back Huckabee, the Libertarian wing will support Rand and the Republican center will scatter among the remainder of the pack with Walker getting the lions share. That will make for a serious five way race, and it will only take a slim margin to pull away with the "winner take all" primary rules in many states.

Look at Missouri 2008:

View attachment 40868

2012 we ended up with a non-binding primary due to party rule changes that year, but Santorum won 55% of the vote to Romney's 25% in what was considered by many as a "no-cofidence" vote for Romney.
The problem is that your party has less WTA states this time around.

The problem is that your party has less WTA states this time around.

IMO, that's a blessing, not a problem.

You can see in 2008, it was nearly a three way tie. But McCain received all 55 delegates.
I don't think you are understanding me. Yes, MO is WTA, but less and less states are like that.

Yep.. that's where we are in 2015... Bush's and Clinton's.

WTF indeed.... that's it?

I wouldn't put stock in 2008. The dems ran an unknown BLACK guy named Hussein and won in a landslide. W left behind a stench and brown trail.

The answer to the question of "why Jeb" is simply that traditionally the state parties get behind the candidate who has done the most for THEM. That's what Reagan did from 1976-80. That's what W did in the late 90s. And that's what Christie was doing until he did the BBF with Obama, and then began skating close to indictment. The GOP doesn't go much for insurgency .... like McGovern and Obama .... and today Warren.

Statistikhengst is partly correct in saying Mitt was the only qualified one in 2012. But, it's not really qualification. Rather, the guys in the clown car were running AGAINST the party. That's why Cruz has no chance. Rubio, imo, has promise, but he's really too young, and worst, Jeb's his mentor. Rand Paul is an outsider, and while he's flip flopped on everything from natl security to immigration ... at heart he's still a outsider. I don't think he has the political or social sense of a Reagan, or the work ethic, to convince the party to embrace his political beliefs. He can't do it in a primary in any event. It's a multi-year commitment of attending state fund raisers and giving speeches. And there are no headlines in that.

So, it's left up to Walker. I had an open mind. But I think he's personally corrupt .... he'll sell his office. The Clinton's sell access. The Bushes had to do TARP because the Carlyle Group has real estate on every continent except Antartica and maybe Australia. But Walker will sell enviromental regualtions to individual polluters. The Kochs are bankrolling him, though. So, he can stay in until the end.

Rocko, if it is any consolation to you, Jeb Bush is currently getting pummeled in Iowa polling:

Iowa IA Poll - May 6 2015 - Walker In Front Of Pack In Iow Quinnipiac University Connecticut

Quinnipiac is a damned good pollster. And honest too. Contrary to popular belief, Qpiac has an ever so slightly CONSERVATIVE mathematical bias in it's election polling, based on the end polls from 2012, but well within the green zone.

Apparently, Walker is picking up steam in Iowa.
In my heart of hearts, I think it'll be Walker in the end. The last time there was a primary in an election not featuring and incumbent, I figured W would win the nomination, even though I preferred Forbes. This is a pretty cool gif though.

Yahoo Politics

Forum List

Back