Japanese PM nominates Trump for Nobel Peace prize..........

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr Obama.
You're supposed to get the award AFTER you achieve something, not "in the hopes of achieving something".

Awarding the Nobel Peace Prize to US President Barack Obama in 2009 failed to achieve what the committee hoped it would, its ex-secretary has said.

Geir Lundestad told the AP news agency that the committee hoped the award would strengthen Mr Obama.
You're supposed to get the award AFTER you achieve something, not "in the hopes of achieving something".

Agreed. Please tell that to the Japanese PM.

Well, it seems that Japan's PM, Shinzo Abe has nominated Trump for the Nobel peace prize.

Finally...........................because apparently the US government apparently asked him to do it last autumn.

I wonder..............does being nominated count, if you asked someone to nominate you?

Japan's PM nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize on U.S. request: Asahi | Reuters

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

The report follows Trump’s claim on Friday that Abe had nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize for opening talks and easing tensions with North Korea.

The Japanese leader had given him “the most beautiful copy” of a five-page nomination letter, Trump said at a White House news conference.
Asking someone to nominate you for any award is shameful and weak.

Well, it seems that Japan's PM, Shinzo Abe has nominated Trump for the Nobel peace prize.

Finally...........................because apparently the US government apparently asked him to do it last autumn.

I wonder..............does being nominated count, if you asked someone to nominate you?

Japan's PM nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize on U.S. request: Asahi | Reuters

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

The report follows Trump’s claim on Friday that Abe had nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize for opening talks and easing tensions with North Korea.

The Japanese leader had given him “the most beautiful copy” of a five-page nomination letter, Trump said at a White House news conference.
Asking someone to nominate you for any award is shameful and weak.

I would agree with you, but I do not believe Trump or anyone in his administration lobbied for Trump to get the award. This is more fake news

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

This is such a classic Trump move. He might be the most insecure person to ever walk the face of the earth.

There’s already a thread on this, and I don’t believe this for one second

At least they wouldn't regret giving him the prize, like they did Obama...

Nobel chief regrets Obama peace prize

They regretted it because it didn't accomplish what they had hoped. The Nobel committee hoped that it would strengthen his presidency, but because many people (including some of Obama's supporters), thought that he didn't deserve it here in the US. THAT is why they regretted it.

From your link........................................

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".
So the Nobel Commitee awarded the prize for the wrong reason. it has no business trying to strengthen a presidency. More foreign meddling!

I don't expect him to get it because it usually only goes to terrorists and other assorted left wingers but he deserves it a hell of a lot more than the Kenyan, who did absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Hey, at least Obama didn't tell someone to nominate him. Trump did.
---------------------------------- you don't know who's azz 'mrobama' kissed BSailor . But the way I see things , the TRUMP should certainly reject ant 'peace prize' from these 'elites' simply as a matter of Principle BSailor .

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

This is such a classic Trump move. He might be the most insecure person to ever walk the face of the earth.
tenor.gif

Agreed. Please tell that to the Japanese PM.
If I lived in Japan I would be damn glad missiles weren't flying over my country any more. Trump has achieved far more toward world peace than Obama ever did (probably because he's not arming terrorists and helping them acquire nuclear weapons like Obama).

tenor.gif

Thanks for the selfie...who did you get to take it for you?

That is just about how I picture you when your lips are not firmly attached to Trump's ass.

At least they wouldn't regret giving him the prize, like they did Obama...

Nobel chief regrets Obama peace prize

They regretted it because it didn't accomplish what they had hoped. The Nobel committee hoped that it would strengthen his presidency, but because many people (including some of Obama's supporters), thought that he didn't deserve it here in the US. THAT is why they regretted it.

From your link........................................

Instead, the decision was met with criticism in the US. Many argued he had not had any impact worthy of the award.

Mr Lundestad, writing in his memoir, Secretary of Peace, said even Mr Obama himself had been surprised.

"No Nobel Peace Prize ever elicited more attention than the 2009 prize to Barack Obama," Mr Lundestad writes.

"Even many of Obama's supporters believed that the prize was a mistake," he says. "In that sense the committee didn't achieve what it had hoped for".
------------------------------------ as already said , just more foreign meddling BSailor .

There’s already a thread on this, and I don’t believe this for one second

I did not see it on the front page...and of course you did not...you would never believe anything negative about Trump...he walks on the water as he is turning it to wine in your world.

If the Nobel committee wants to redeem itself, they should give Trump the prize.

The story sounds fake, but what does it matter? President Trump was nominated for the prize by two Norwegian lawmakers in 2018..

2 Norwegian lawmakers nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

The South Korean President said he should win the Nobel Prize...

South Korean president: Trump 'should win the Nobel Peace Prize'

And in 2018, seven governors signed a letter backing Trump for the prize in 2019...

7 governors sign letter backing Trump for Nobel Peace Prize | WTOP

Trump certainly deserves it, even though the prize is mostly given to globalist shitheads.

You'd shit bricks if he won it. :laughing0301:

I would laugh as loudly as I did when they gave it to Obama.

It would also solidify my view he is not as much an "outsider" as he pretends

Forum List

Back