It's Time We Thank The Democrats For Standing Up To The Trump Ryan GOP Wealthcare Disaster

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
GettyImages-635667764.jpg

The Republicans had 7 years to come up with an alternative to Obamacare, and they failed.

They voted dozens and dozens of times to repeal Obamacare, knowing those bills would be vetoed, and never bothered to come up with an actual replacement plan.

A president who should be in his honeymoon weeks couldn’t get a bill through a Congress controlled by his own party, to fulfill one of his and their primary campaign promises.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

The entire Republican Party owns this.

They don’t care about policy and they don’t understand policy and they don’t know how to govern.

On every level, they failed.

But this was about more than the Republicans’ epic failure.

This also was about the leadership of the Democratic Party.

Democrats want to improve Obamacare, they don’t want to gut it and throw millions of people off health care coverage. And not one Democrat supported the Trump-Ryan-GOP disaster.

Not one Democrat would have voted for it. Credit must be given to Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and the entire Democratic House Leadership.

Credit must be given to the entire Democratic House Caucus.

It's time to thank House Democrats for standing up against the Trump-Ryan-GOP health care fiasco

The Republicans had 7 years to come up with an alternative to Obamacare, and they failed.

They voted dozens and dozens of times to repeal Obamacare, knowing those bills would be vetoed, and never bothered to come up with an actual replacement plan.

A president who should be in his honeymoon weeks couldn’t get a bill through a Congress controlled by his own party, to fulfill one of his and their primary campaign promises.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

They don’t care about policy and they don’t understand policy and they don’t know how to govern.

Democrats want to improve Obamacare, they don’t want to gut it and throw millions of people off health care coverage. And not one Democrat supported the Trump-Ryan-GOP disaster.

Not one Democrat would have voted for it. Credit must be given to Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and the entire Democratic House Leadership.

It's time to thank House Democrats for standing up against the Trump-Ryan-GOP health care fiasco
Credit for what? They didnt do anything

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

You the Skews from .org?

Obamacare will fail underneath it's own weight... fact

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

I DO thank the Democrats. However, since I do not watch Fox or listen to Rush or read InfoWars I have had the opportunity to see clips of very distraught ACA clients at Townhalls literally pleading with their Republican Reps to not repeal O'care. These Republicans dissenting the Ryan plan are the real heroes, bucking the party and threatened with ignomy, they chose to hold the line and wait for something better. We should acknowledge the tough decision they've made as they put their jobs on the line. Kudos!

You should be thanking the Republicans, you fool, for being a clown car full of bumbling idiots...

And don't, for one second, think the Democrats are any better...

You should be thanking the Republicans, you fool, for being a clown car full of bumbling idiots...

After Trump was handed an epic loss on health care, he tried to spin himself as never having been concerned about immediately repealing and replacing Obamacare, when in reality, Friday’s defeat was crushing for Trump because he has been obsessed with repealing Obamacare for years.

After the House Republicans killed their party’s own health care bill, Trump told The Washington Post, “As you know, I’ve been saying for years that the best thing is to let Obamacare explode and then go make a deal with the Democrats and have one unified deal. And they will come to us, we won’t have to come to them.” This is the exact opposite of what Trump has been saying for years.

The President is also claiming that he never promised a day one repeal and repeal and replacement of Obamacare, “I never said I was going to repeal and replace in the first 61 days.”

Trump repeatedly promised he would repeal Obamacare on “day one,” so if he did ask to pull the vote, that’s a promise he not only failed on day one, and failed again in an attempt, but then failed by giving up – pulling the bill preemptively before total failure humiliated him.

Here’s Trump repeatedly saying, “I am going to ask Congress to send me a bill to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare!”

ABC Breaking News | Latest News Videos

It’s hard to believe Donald Trump didn’t care about this bill. Here’s a roundup of some of his obsessive thoughts on Obamacare:

View image on Twitter
C7tdh7aVwAALZ0E.jpg:small

Follow
Christopher Ingraham

✔@_cingraham

Be skeptical when Trump says they were "just going along" with Ryan plan. Been obsessed with Obamacare for years https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=health%20care%20from%3ArealDonaldTrump&src=typd&lang=en …

4:30 PM - 24 Mar 2017

We all know Donald Trump is obsessed with President Obama. He spent 8 years pretending he couldn’t read Obama’s birth certificate in hopes of undermining the President — the one who won in a landslide, the one with the actual mandate, twice.

Don’t be fooled for a single second. Donald Trump was burning to repeal Obamacare. As a candidate, Trump ran on undoing Obama’s legacy. Repealing Obamacare was going to be his signature achievement. He was going to run for reelection on having repealed Obamacare.

Now Trump has to settle for his undermining of Obamacare, when he instructed the IRS that the mandates were not necessary — a act that will drive up the costs of Obamacare. Of course, Trump and Republicans are blaming Obamacare for their own sabotage of a law that helps Americans live. But undermining is not repealing. The laws that protect vulnerable Americans under Obamacare are still in place.

As the sun sets in the East on a Friday evening less than 70 days into his first term, Donald Trump’s fantasies have been shattered as President Obama’s signature accomplishment has exposed The Art Of The Deal author as a fraud.

Yeah right. They devised a health care law that's lasted 7 years and counting. Republicans couldn't even get their plane off the ground.
Democrats are much better.

Yeah right. They devised a health care law that's lasted 7 years and counting. Republicans couldn't even get their plane off the ground.
Yes but Trump is better than both. I hope he can get around the clunk heads in the party and do great things.

Yes but Trump is better than both. I hope he can get around the clunk heads in the party and do great things.

he pissed on those clunk heads every chance he got during the campaign, and all of his drones cheered him when he did.

now establishment republicans are getting their due without insulting Cheeto.

can I get a ,

DOOOOOOO'H

he pissed on those clunk heads every chance he got during the campaign, and all of his drones cheered him when he did.

now establishment republicans are getting their due without insulting Cheeto.

can I get a ,

DOOOOOOO'H
We shall see.

So you are a Democrat voter who is suddenly showing fierce loyalty to the Republicans?

What a load of crap. Dems did nothing. Let's see how popular the Dem scum are when they filibuster Gorsuch.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

I DO thank the Democrats. However, since I do not watch Fox or listen to Rush or read InfoWars I have had the opportunity to see clips of very distraught ACA clients at Townhalls literally pleading with their Republican Reps to not repeal O'care. These Republicans dissenting the Ryan plan are the real heroes, bucking the party and threatened with ignomy, they chose to hold the line and wait for something better. We should acknowledge the tough decision they've made as they put their jobs on the line. Kudos!
Im with the freedom caucas on this issue. I dont like what the gop is offering, nor do i like obamacare.

The reason i dont like either plan is that it does not adress the problem that everyone agrees on. Health care services are too expensive for everyone. Its too high for individuals and the gov. Neither plan reduces the cost. The only thing they are arguing is over who gets the bill.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

Im with the freedom caucas on this issue. I dont like what the gop is offering, nor do i like obamacare.

The reason i dont like either plan is that it does not adress the problem that everyone agrees on. Health care services are too expensive for everyone. Its too high for individuals and the gov. Neither plan reduces the cost. The only thing they are arguing is over who gets the bill.

You are right of course, that neither is satisfactory. We need to look carefully at the ACA and address the complaints of increases and higher deductibles and why insurers don't cross State lines. We canfix this IF we want to.

But we Americans of ALL stripes have to take a closer look in our mirrors and figure out what we really want. We claim to high heaven that we have the finest healthcare in the world, then bitch about the costs. For a long time now I've read of people going to India or Thailand for surgeries because they are so much cheaper even including travel costs. We all want the biggest paychecks and the cheapest goods. We've already spent ourselves out of thousands, maybe millions of jobs to offshore labor because of our obsession to buy cheap crap. Manufacturers couldn't pay good American wages and sell at coolie labor prices and we knew that all along, but chose cheap over class anyway. We forgot the old adage that you get what you pay for and now we are paying the piper. Back to healthcare..we can't have the best and pay for the least. OTOH our obsession with the questionable term 'free market' makes us too timid to go after the guys (insurers/pharma) who are ripping us a new one daily with astronomical costs. So we complain...and don't face up to addressing the real healthcare issue of cost and availability.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

You are right of course, that neither is satisfactory. We need to look carefully at the ACA and address the complaints of increases and higher deductibles and why insurers don't cross State lines. We canfix this IF we want to.

But we Americans of ALL stripes have to take a closer look in our mirrors and figure out what we really want. We claim to high heaven that we have the finest healthcare in the world, then bitch about the costs. For a long time now I've read of people going to India or Thailand for surgeries because they are so much cheaper even including travel costs. We all want the biggest paychecks and the cheapest goods. We've already spent ourselves out of thousands, maybe millions of jobs to offshore labor because of our obsession to buy cheap crap. Manufacturers couldn't pay good American wages and sell at coolie labor prices and we knew that all along, but chose cheap over class anyway. We forgot the old adage that you get what you pay for and now we are paying the piper. Back to healthcare..we can't have the best and pay for the least. OTOH our obsession with the questionable term 'free market' makes us too timid to go after the guys (insurers/pharma) who are ripping us a new one daily with astronomical costs. So we complain...and don't face up to addressing the real healthcare issue of cost and availability.

If what i'm hearing on Maddow tonight is even half true, the healthcare bill is the least of their problems. The Republicans are acting like it's just another week.

Right now they're standing on the tracks with a freight train bearing down on them.

It's a form of denial even Freud couldn't analyze.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

the democrats should be condemned for sticking the country with the POS Obamacare bill.

I can not believe that the left wing is crowing about saving another POS piece of legislation. I really do not believe that the left wing gives a crap about the country it all about shoving what they want down on the rest of us.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

the democrats should be condemned for sticking the country with the POS Obamacare bill.

I can not believe that the left wing is crowing about saving another POS piece of legislation. I really do not believe that the left wing gives a crap about the country it all about shoving what they want down on the rest of us.
What is the count now, freewill? 60 times Republicans have tried to sink the ACA? Stop digging!

This is a defeat for Trump, but I think he will learn the lesson that he can't get his agenda done if he ignores the conservative wing of the Republican Party.

Trump owns this.

Paul Ryan owns this.

It's not a left right issue.

It's about healthcare.

The right played opposition for so long they left the real world, and got caught up in an echo chamber listening to the sound of their own voices, being egged on by Fox news, and the AM radio vomit spewers.

Now the party is over, and reality has reared it's ugly head.

Forum List

Back