It's the economy, stupid!

The responsible conservatives, centrists, and liberals are well aware of what would have happened if the GOP as it was in 2008 and is now had achieved power.

The administration has done wonders in keeping the economy from imploding. Americans want more, but they know the GOP cannot deliver it unless it changes.

Dems will be fine the day afer electon in November; their comfortable majorities will continue in office.

You lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie.

The economy was OK until the Progressives got control of Congress. Bush wanted to reform Fannie and Freddie, remember, liar?

The Administration has given us an unsustainable deficit and debt and we're still near 10% unemployment, Liar

Last edited:
If Obama didn't want to have to handle such an awful economy, he shouldn't have run for president. And if Bush's policies were the only reason we are in this mess, why has Obama chosen to continue them? Bailouts, stimulus, tax cuts, new entitlments, etc?

Nope, meathead, the bailouts and stimulus and etc are part of the solution, not the problem.

Go back and take a history lesson, please.

Take a whack at it, Comrade

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/125346-the-imaginary-greatness-of-fdr.html#post2521733

The responsible conservatives, centrists, and liberals are well aware of what would have happened if the GOP as it was in 2008 and is now had achieved power.

The administration has done wonders in keeping the economy from imploding. Americans want more, but they know the GOP cannot deliver it unless it changes.

Dems will be fine the day afer electon in November; their comfortable majorities will continue in office.

You lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie.

The economy was OK until the Progressives got control of Congress. Bush wanted to reform Fannie and Freddie, remember, liar?

The Administration has given us an unsustainable deficit and debt and we're still near 10% unemployment, Liar

Dumb ass Frank. Here is a good part of the reason for the housing implosion.

Bush Profiteering from Housing Defaults by James Bovard

Enacting the “American Dream”

The Bush administration finally got its “Dream Act” pushed through Congress in the fall of 2003. The House leadership chose freshman congresswoman Katherine Harris (the Republican hero of the Florida 2000 recount) for the honor of sponsoring the bill. Harris declared,

As our nation continues to confront daunting threats both at home and abroad, we cannot neglect the most basic security of all, and that is a safe, clean, adequate place to live.
One congressional staffer raised the question of whether “HUD will soon send out maids to ensure our right to a clean house.”

When Bush signed the act on December 16, 2003, he declared,

One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is getting money ... so today I’m honored to be here to sign a law that will help many low-income buyers to overcome that hurdle, and to achieve an important part of the American Dream.

Old Rocks is against "safe clean and adequate housing" for lower income people. He is obviously part of the Democratic Party: THe Party of Fuck You.

The Bush administration finally got its “Dream Act” pushed through Congress in the fall of 2003. The House leadership chose freshman congresswoman Katherine Harris (the Republican hero of the Florida 2000 recount) for the honor of sponsoring the bill. Harris declared,

As our nation continues to confront daunting threats both at home and abroad, we cannot neglect the most basic security of all, and that is a safe, clean, adequate place to live.
One congressional staffer raised the question of whether “HUD will soon send out maids to ensure our right to a clean house.”

One of the biggest hurdles to homeownership is getting money ... so today I’m honored to be here to sign a law that will help many low-income buyers to overcome that hurdle, and to achieve an important part of the American Dream.

How many times must I lecture you, Comrade, that Bush was not a Conservative and was a Progressive in many many areas especially with respect to domestic affairs?

Fannies and Freddie are themselves the problem irrespective of whether they're run by a R or a D. They must be consolidated and sold to the highest bidder

Cad makes some good points, primarily that business is not sure whether BHO's programs will harm their profit lines. That is not patriotic, but businesses have never been known for patriotism other than serving the government when a profit can be made.

Wow!

You are calling a business like Southwest Airlines as unpatriotic. A company that grows slow and steady and hoards cash for when times are tough and uncertain but can pounce on an opportunity if presented.

Financial Advisors tell people that a family should have 6-9 months of monthly expenses saved as cash for emergencies....is that unpatriotic as well.

Nope, meathead, the bailouts and stimulus and etc are part of the solution, not the problem.

Go back and take a history lesson, please.

Take a whack at it, Comrade

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/125346-the-imaginary-greatness-of-fdr.html#post2521733

Ah, feeble minds jousting at the recognition of greatness by history. FDR will always be right there with Lincoln and Washington in the hearts and minds of Americans.

Old Rocks is against "safe clean and adequate housing" for lower income people. He is obviously part of the Democratic Party: THe Party of Fuck You.

Ol' Rabid is against the recognition of the culpability of the Repukes in the present economic mess. But the rest of us recognize where the problems originated.

Well, the 2010 elections are shaping up more and more about perceptions of the economy. So let's compare two terms of a Democratic President, and two terms of a Republican President.

When Clinton took office, the nation was in a mild recession. During the Reagan years, and also during the Bush 1 years, the nation was running a record deficit. Right off the bat, President Clinton proposed raising the taxes on the wealthiest Americans by up to 3.6%. And raised taxes on several other areas. There were a chorus of doom from the Conservative circles. So, how did that work out?

During Clinton's terms, there were 22.7 million jobs added in the US. Average weekly wages grew by 21%. The budget was balanced. We were actually paying a little on the National Debt.

OK, how about during President Bush's terms. Well, he did a massive tax cut, in spite of the fact that we were at war at the time, and spending money like there was no tomorrow. But, of course, we all know that big tax cuts encourage business and create millions of jobs, correct?

During Bush's terms there were 1.1 million jobs created. That did not even keep up with the people graduating from school and entering the work force. Average weekly wage increased by 2%. Not even one years inflation.

The question is, do we want a Republican economy again, or do we try to get back to where we were, through the efforts of people that think that the working man and womans efforts are just as worthy of reward as that of the swindling elite.

Is there any reason at all to vote for another round of Republican incompetance?

If I understanding you correctly....all Republican congress and Executive branch bad and a Democratic Executive and Republican Congress good. Sounds to me like voting Republican for these mid-terms is the way to go if I follow your line of thinking.

Cad makes some good points, primarily that business is not sure whether BHO's programs will harm their profit lines. That is not patriotic, but businesses have never been known for patriotism other than serving the government when a profit can be made.

Wow!

You are calling a business like Southwest Airlines as unpatriotic. A company that grows slow and steady and hoards cash for when times are tough and uncertain but can pounce on an opportunity if presented.

Financial Advisors tell people that a family should have 6-9 months of monthly expenses saved as cash for emergencies....is that unpatriotic as well.

Jake is a Marxist who calls himself a Republican.

Ah, feeble minds jousting at the recognition of greatness by history. FDR will always be right there with Lincoln and Washington in the hearts and minds of Americans.

Ah, yes, the numbers make a mockery of FDR's "Greatness" But you'll always have the "Peer Review" and "Consensus" of your fellow Marxists to sooth the bitter sting of FDR's failure.

Unemployment 1933: 24.9, 1934: 21.7%, 1935: 20.1%, 1936: 16.9%, 1937: 14.3%, 1938: 19.0%, 1939: 17.2%

Can you show me the year the greatness kicked it?

Last edited:

Wow!

Don't be stupid, chop crazy: do not equate smart business practices with patriotism, because if you do then we have to equate unsafe business practices with treason, try the CEOs, their minions, and the boards of directors, and execute the convicted.

This is what I mean about almost all of the far right here: they can't think logically. Look at Zander and The Rabbi for absolute proof of this.

Remember, chopcrazy, Jake is a Marxist who has taken on the infiltration of the Republican Party and its movement toward "Progressiveness" (aka: Marxism)

Well folks I don't think anyone is going to give a rats ass what caused the meltdown. They aren't going to be thinking about Clinton, Bush, JFK, Nixon or any other past Prez.They, like me, will be thinking about the situation TODAY. the economy and jobs TODAY. Its the ECONOMY TODAY, NOW stupid.

The dimwitt and Chief decided that his lefty, looney agenda, put forth by flamming idiots Pelosi and Reid and passed solely, with a little bribery, by the DIMS in charge, was way, way, way more important than jobs or the economy.

After all, everyone does have their priorities and we all saw what Barry Boys priorities are. Oh yes.

Claudette, you are the poster girl for cognitive dissonance, and the electorate will laugh at your picture as they walk into the voting booths this fall to return a Dem majority to both houses.

Claudette, you are the poster girl for cognitive dissonance, and the electorate will laugh at your picture as they walk into the voting booths this fall to return a Dem majority to both houses.

Come out of the closet, Comrade.

Wow

I always wanted to be a poster girl!!! LMAO

Nope I think your all wet there Jake especially if you think the Dems will retain a majority in either house.

You can of course HOPE. Let me be the first to wish you luck with that one. LOL

Last edited:

How many times must I lecture you, Comrade, that Bush was not a Conservative and was a Progressive in many many areas especially with respect to domestic affairs?

Fannies and Freddie are themselves the problem irrespective of whether they're run by a R or a D. They must be consolidated and sold to the highest bidder

That's convenient.

Who did you vote for, Cru?

Did you know he was "a progressive" before the RE induced banking crises?

And let me ask you one more thing.

Wss Bush II's tax breaks for billionaires typical of those damned progressives you right wingers are now bitching about?

How about those two Asian land wars he got us involved with?

Is that sort of empire building also typical of what "progressives" do?

Understand. Cru, I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what you mean when you call something "progressive".

Cause, right now, it seems that you're telling us that whatever you personally object to is progresivism.

And damned! if that doesn't make it very difficult to know (before you tell us) what is progressive legislation and what isn't progressive legislation and policy.

Last edited:

That's convenient.

Who did you vote for, Cru?

Did you know he was "a progressive" before the RE induced banking crises?

And let me ask you one more thing.

Wss Bush II's tax breaks for billionaires typical of those damned progressives you right wingers are now bitching about?

How about those two Asian land wars he got us involved with?

Is that sort of empire building also typical of what "progressives" do?

Understand. Cru, I'm trying to get a clearer picture of what you mean when you call something "progressive".

Cause, right now, it seems that you're telling us that whatever you personally object to is progresivism.

And damned! if that doesn't make it very difficult to know (before you tell us) what is progressive legislation and what isn't progressive legislation and policy.

Defending fucked up policies by arguing semantics again? Another "it's not the policies, it's what you call them" post.

great.

Wow

I always wanted to be a poster girl!!! LMAO

Nope I think your all wet there Jake especially if you think the Dems will retain a majority in either house.

You can of course HOPE. Let me be the first to wish you luck with that one. LOL

I am not hoping at all. You are. Give us some stats and graphs that support your claim. I will let you know now; you can't.

However, I bet you would be a great poster girl for anything.

Forum List

Back